The All New MSE Running Club.

Options

Comments

• indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    doc thinks it might be calcaneous stress fracture so have now been to X ray, which was surprisingly quick. It will take 5 days for the results so for now it is just RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation)

Hope it isn't that ... that means rest!

How come the results take so long? If they have done the x-ray why don't they look at it? Seems odd.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,671 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    no idea - they said results will be sent to GP.

Last time we went to X ray they sent OH away with instructions to take painkillers, after he fell off a ladder. Next day we were walking dogs - well I had both dogs and he was walking slowly with me - when they called back to say that he had fractured a vertebra and they had missed it the day before! Not confidence inspiring.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • indesisiv
    Options
    Finally ran a sub 20 parkrun ... I can now allow myself to go and run some flat parkrun courses now I have achieved that.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,671 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    well done!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • wright95
    Options
    Count me in!

I joined a running club last November and did my first race in March - 13.1km in 1hr 20mins, in any case, I think I increased my mileage too rapidly and I wound up with a shin harm. Went to a games physio who has requested me to have some time off.

I'm doing my first half marathon on the isle of Skye in June, so wanting to get over into preparing soon. I'm likewise agreed to Glasgow in October
  • indesisiv
    Options
    Good luck to all that are racing over the weekend. I have got a cross country race on Sunday. I do like the mud and hills even if it is so very very tiring to race on.
    No better feeling that descending at full tilt, I find it so hard to practice because I just can't seem to push myself to race speed in training. Not sure if that is just the mentality of worrying about hurting myself in training or not.
  • indesisiv
    Options
    Properly loved the cross country yesterday. Knee deep mud, steep hills, wading through a river .. what's not to like :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    indesisiv wrote: »
    Properly loved the cross country yesterday. Knee deep mud, steep hills, wading through a river .. whats not to like :)
    sounds awful
  • indesisiv
    Options
    sounds awful

It's so much more enjoyable than running on a road :T:T
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No outdoor exercise at all due to freezing fog for almost two weeks. ..plays haboc with my asthma. Learning to love the concept two rower!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure