The All New MSE Running Club.

Options

Comments

• indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Lovely weekend.
    Parkrun PB on Sat, then a nice 11.5 mile cross country run today. Didn't feel like it this morning, nor did I when I set off... but it got easier towards the end. :)
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I went out for the first time in 2 weeks and had a really good run. Did 4 miles in 47:44, (give or take a few seconds, I don't have my Garmin with me), 2 miles non-stop, a negative split on my second mile, my fastest 5K of the year and just generally felt good.
    13 days to 10K, so that's good. Signed up for another one in March in Shrewsbury with a friend and have decided on my training plan for my half marathon in April
  • indesisiv
    Options
    Good effort @mrsp1987. Its always nice to have a good run before a 10k.
    I've got a 6 mile cross country race on the same weekend as your 10k by the looks of it.
    Although I do have a 10k road race to do on Boxing day.

Is anyone else racing over the Christmas period?
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,665 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was going to enter my first 10K on 18th Dec but I am still limping since whatever I did to my heel last Thursday night. So annoying. Just trying to take it gently - but dogs still need to be walked.
    No running till it feels better
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    I e got another 10K on the 27th December and I really want to do parkrun on Christmas Eve
  • indesisiv
    Options
    mrsp1987 wrote: »
    I e got another 10K on the 27th December and I really want to do parkrun on Christmas Eve

Good luck with the 10k's.

I've got a santa run to do on the 14th Dec so I will reuse my santa outfit for a christmas eve parkrun :)

I was going to do a christmas day parkrun as I did last year but with running the 10k on Boxing day think it will be a bit much, especially as I am aiming for a 10k PB on Boxing day.
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    still limping :(
    there is a ParkRun here on Xmas eve, Xmas day, New Years eve and New Years day. Will try and make one of them at least but have a houseful of guests for both events
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • indesisiv
    Options
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    still limping :(
    there is a ParkRun here on Xmas eve, Xmas day, New Years eve and New Years day. Will try and make one of them at least but have a houseful of guests for both events

Have you had someone take a look? Hope it gets better soon.

We have the same as there are a few parkruns around here. I'm going to see how I am after the boxing day 10k, not sure that I will be able to race nye and nyd. Think that I may volunteer for one of them at least though.
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    I have a doc appointment later this morning as it has been going on a bit long now
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    doc thinks it might be calcaneous stress fracture so have now been to X ray, which was surprisingly quick. It will take 5 days for the results so for now it is just RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure