The All New MSE Running Club.

Options

Comments

• Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    6.4 miles last night with the local running club..
  • donglemouse
    donglemouse Posts: 2,652 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gonzo1987 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I'm trying to remind myself my goal this year is to just finish a half marathon, .

i think that's the best approach - if you finish it will be a personal best whatever the time

you can worry more about times when you come to do the second one............
  • Alias_Omega
    Options
    In my half, i was more worried about the time it took for me to go to the toilet...

Damn you 2mins.!
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Options
    Well i feel ready and raring to go for my run tonight - funny i used to get up and do my runs at 6am but now I can't get out of bed for love nor money.

Anywhoo. I plan to do about 4 miles.
  • Alias_Omega
    Options
    Missed Thursdays Club run due to work commitments, did think about going out in the morning but decided against it.

Saturday, Local ParkRun. I turned up late to the event, however still started. ParkRun result is not a PB, however my GPS watch (Garmin 301 - #oldskool) indicates it was a ParkRun PB... :)

Anyhows, out again tomorrow after work for another Club Run. Will be hopefully somewhere near 6-7miles, in 55mins ishy.

Well today, I purchased some stuff from "MoreMiles" website. I have a chunky promo code if you see anything you fancy (via PM please)....and bought..a Pair of 3/4 Mens Capri... (eek).

I have and regularly use a pair of "North Face" Compression Tights, and today I plunged for some Compression Socks, and some 3/4 Capri's..
  • Johnny_Dangerously
    Options
    I had to revise my target of 20 miles down last week to 15 as I was sick till about Wednesday. Struggled to squeeze in the last two yesterday but managed to get out with the dogs in the afternoon so was well chuffed. Goal for this week is 20 miles, probably broken into 7 mile, 9 mile, and 4 mile runs.

Unless this damm cold strikes me again. I'm convinced I can run it off though:cool:
  • Gonzo1987
    Options
    We have finally moved so my life's focus can now be training for my half marathon - any good website recommendations for nutrition?

I also finally got to run last night with my new trainers. LIKE A DREAM, no blisters, so pain, wonderful and they feel so light and springy. Not a very fast run, but I've not run consistently for a couple of weeks, and it was very cold so I layered up a lot. Got 3 miles planned for tomorrow, hopefully before work (tempted to sleep in my running gear to get me out of bed...)
  • Johnny_Dangerously
    Options
    Gonzo1987 wrote: »
    We have finally moved so my life's focus can now be training for my half marathon - any good website recommendations for nutrition?

Bah, don't worry too much about nutrition. If you're like most of us you'll have enough 'reserves' to keep you going in training and the actual event:beer:
  • Gonzo1987
    Options
    Bah, don't worry too much about nutrition. If you're like most of us you'll have enough 'reserves' to keep you going in training and the actual event:beer:

haha I have plenty of 'reserves' I'm just taking advantage of not living with my husband to be a bit more particular about what I eat, less lazy more healthy but I don't want to be cutting down on carbs if i need them to run...that kind of thing.
  • VestanPance
    VestanPance Posts: 1,597 Forumite
    Options
    To run a half marathon a normal decent diet will see you fine, a decent balance of protein and carbs. You don't need extra carbs or anything else. In fact the most common mistake I see for newer runners is that they eat far too much because they think the need it.

If you eat processed sugars (cakes/sweets/soft drinks/biscuits) then cutting those out will help. Everyone I know that cut their sugar intake not only felt much better, but also noticed their running times improved.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure