The All New MSE Running Club.

Options

Comments

• Chickvic
    Chickvic Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    delmar39 wrote: »
    Have you had treatment for the heel pain? Try rolling your heel on a hard tin can (I used a glass jar of sundried tomatoes last night and I have no heal pain today!). You need to get into the tendon and this is one way of doing it. Press hard. Some people freeze water in a tin can and use this.

Thanks, I do have a foam roller (and remembered to use it today! :o ) I'll try it on a tin tonight. Dr did suggest plantar fasciitis (about 18 months ago) but it improved and I never went back, I don't think it is though because using Dr Google ;) I found out that lifting the heel doesn't help PF but it does help me so back to the Dr when I can finally get an appointment :mad:
  • Lizling
    Lizling Posts: 882 Forumite
    Options
    delmar39 wrote: »
    Which marathon are you doing Lizling? I did Windermere in May 2013 and 2014, but looking at an Autumn marathon this year. Entered a local half marathon in March to keep myself ticking over and start training for that this week. I love winter training and there's nothing better than the first time you experience warm sunshine late Feb/early March. I may still do Windermere this year but it'll be for fun. I got around in just under 3:45 last year, beating my 2013 time given the hills I'm not sure I could go around any quicker! Good luck.

I'm doing Brighton. I haven't done that one before, but I hear the crowd support's almost as good as London these days, and I really enjoyed the half there. Windermere sound hilly. Good luck there! I bet you surprise yourself. How's the training going?

I love winter training too. I'm a shorts and short-sleeves unless it's below 0 kind of girl. Just warm enough not to be slipping on ice and a bit of sleet is my ideal running weather - that or some nice crunchy snow on the ground in the winter sunshine :) That warm sunshine can stay away!:p I'll never be able to do an autumn marathon because I just can't do training in the heat.

I'd love a 3:45 time because that'd get me a GFA place in London next year but I'm not sure at all what's realistic for me at the moment. The WAVA tables suggest it should be perfectly achievable but it's been well over a year since I properly raced a nice flat half and I think I've improved a lot since then, so it's hard to tell.

Anyway, another 9 miles done today; another midweek mid-distance run ticked off and both my legs still work. Happy with that, but only a week and a half left until the plan gets really daunting. :eek:
    Saving for deposit: Finished! :j
    House buying: Finished!
    Next task: Lots and lots of DIY
  • Johnny_Dangerously
    Options
    thought I'd register myself here. I'm a runner. Not looking to set any specific goals, other than just trying to commit myself to running as it's something I need to do for my brain rather than fitness.

I've been slack over the last couple of months, but looking to build up the mileage again as of the 1st January.

Generally use my commute to/from work to get my running in (10k ish), as well as running with the dogs on the weekend.

Does anyone here have a Garmin Connect Account? Would be good to get a group going to share mileage etc for some additional motivation.

My profile name is Johnny_Dangerously if anyone would like to connect. I'm also starting to keep a general log of my runs on my web site. I can't post a link but it's in the profile if anyone is interested.

Look forward to seeing people progress!

Enjoy.
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Options
    If anyone uses Mapmyrun and wants to be friends pm me :-)

4.3 miles done again yesterday, I have 6.5 miles scheduled for Sun, my further run yet!
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aww, Friends...

Anyhow, Park Run tomorrow. Another 5k.

Entered a half marathon, and the Ballot for the Great North Run (which is now open)..

Good news on the running front, smashed my 5k PB by 34secs. :)
  • grassgirl
    grassgirl Posts: 401 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On topic but a bit random but do any of you have really long hair?

Mine pulls unless I put it in a tight bun and then it hurts my head..

Any suggestions?
    1 step = £250
    0/100
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Options
    I just stick mine in a ponytail if it's straightened, if not I whack it in a bun, it's frustrating when buns come loose though, so tend to go for a ponytail where possible.
  • donglemouse
    donglemouse Posts: 2,652 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    t

Does anyone here have a Garmin Connect Account? Would be good to get a group going to share mileage etc for some additional motivation.

Enjoy.

i'm on it as donglemouse if anyone wants to share data etc. feel free to join me
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have Garmin account, don't use it that much these days.

Hair - I have a Grade 2 on top, Grade 1 on the sides.
  • grassgirl
    grassgirl Posts: 401 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have Garmin account, don't use it that much these days.

Hair - I have a Grade 2 on top, Grade 1 on the sides.

I may have to consider that if I keeps bugging me ;)
    1 step = £250
    0/100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family