Options

Comments

• KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 August 2014 at 10:36PM
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »
    To work out the income it's based on, add the "reduction due to your income" amounts for WTC and CTC, divide by 0.41, and add 6420. That's the income the award is based on! (unless the award is zero, or CTC only)
    Wow, who would have thought it was so simple! :( Thank you, that gives a figure exactly £5,000 less than the income figure, so it looks like the award is correct (although, as I said, it is based on an incorrect figure).
    zagfles wrote: »
    Is it the award for this year or last?
    It's last year's (2013/14); if I do it for this year's (2014/15) I get the higher figure (without the £5,000 deduction), which I guess is correct - or at least it will be once they have used the income figure I gave them!
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • Elzmumof3
    Elzmumof3 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone else still waiting? 8 weeks since I sent my renewal back now!!! The only positive I can think of is the back payment I should get!
    January Wins - Gangster Squad Goodies, Sun Lotion
    February Wins - Wombles Goody Bag, Ideal Home Show Tickets, Lunch on Cruise Ship
    March Wins - 2night family break to legoland, outfit from Kaleidoscope, Iron Cleaning Stck.
    2013 aims - Ipad, Iphone, Family Holiday.
  • JustKeepSwimming_2
    Options
    After many 'phone calls I have finally got a renewal pack to fill in :j

It was produced on 27/7 but still didn't arrive until sometime between 12-18/8 (as we were away) & the deadline to return it by was 30/8 which I think is cutting it a little fine to return by post. Unfortunately the online renewal system is now closed for this year, so I phoned to make sure my payments didn't stop - & got to speak to a real person within minutes! Wow.

Thankfully all is finally done now - just have to wait for the final paperwork to get to me to check its all been updated properly (but its only 2 figures so it can't be that hard :D).

Just wanted to highlight that those who have their deadlines extended by TC don't have that long to turn their forms around.
    & as for some happy ending I'd rather stay single & thin :D

• amiehall
    amiehall Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Options
    You should get 30 days from the date the form is printed to get it back but the timescale says to allow 2 weeks for it to make its way out to you once requested though so yeah, you may just have 2 weeks to sort it once you receive it.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #239
    Virtual Sealed Pot #131
    Save 12k in 2014 #98 £3690/£6000
  • Happymummy123
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm clueless about the renewal process as this is my first year renewing.

I claimed tax credits for the first time last April (2013)so my initial claim was based on my 2012/13 p60 which was £12,054. My earnings for 2013/14 was £10,138 (minus 3900 disregard for 39 weeks maternity) giving me a total of £6238 earnings for 2013/14. I currently get £184.80 per week which includes childcare.

It's exactly 8 weeks today from I renewed so I rang up and was told to expect 2 extra payments tomorrow, one for £168.11 and another for £206.70. My weekly amount will be going up to £206.70 from next week.

Are these payments the difference in money between my last award and the new one? And will I not be due an underpayment due to the difference in my estimated earnings and my actual earnings? If so when should that be paid or what way does that work?

As I'm new to all this, any advice will be welcome.

Thanks xx
  • Happymummy123
    Options
    Thanks Blondebubbles for your quick reply. I want aware about underpayments till I'd been speaking to a friend after I'd already rang, so I probably need to wait on my new award coming in the post to see what they've based it on before I ring them.

What stage are underpayments paid at? Should I be receiving any potential underpayment now? It's all very confusing ☺️
  • pinkypoopydoo
    pinkypoopydoo Posts: 269 Forumite
    edited 20 August 2014 at 10:10AM
    Options
    I am absolutely RAGING. I go through to the tax credit office this morning, and despite the fact that I called on the 24th, and gave them accurate figures, my claim has been terminated because their damn system didn't pick up the details.

The guy could see EVERYTHING. My income etc, the date and time I called, and the fact that despite that damn call on the 24th (where Iwas on effing HOLD FOR AN HOUR WAITING TO BE SPOKEN TO), the system has decided to ignore EVERYTHING, and my claim has been terminated.

Now he's reinstated my claim, but says it could take until SEPTEMBER for it to be processed. Grand. So now I can pay the mortgage and starve the kids, or miss the mortgage payment and feed the kids. !!!!!!.
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 August 2014 at 12:44PM
    Options
    I am so angry!
    I submitted my renewal by post on 5th June. Phoned them on 29th July when they CONFIRMED they had received it. (I was worried they hadn't).

Rang this morning as I haven't heard anything, got through to them where the man said he'd have to speak to a colleague and put me on hold and left me there for 15 mins. So I hung up as I had to go out.

Just phoned them back and the guy said my claim had been terminated as they HADN'T received the figures!!!! He said a notice had been sent out yesterday telling me so and he then re-instated it over the phone. If I haven't heard by the 3rd September I am to ring back.

Why did they lie in the first place? Why didn't they get my renewal? Be warned if you haven't heard!

Edit: Just realised that although he asked if it was still a joint claim, he didn't ask about my DS. Surely if he was on the original claim he will still be there on the re-instatement?
  • Happymummy123
    Options
    Thanks Blondebubbles. A friend told me today that they may have used my income (£10138) from HMRC which won't have the maternity disregard taken off, and to wait on the paperwork and check it out then ring? I think this is what I need to do. This happened her.

If this is the case can I inform them that I submitted the correct figure when u renewed and will they be able to review this?
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If they were going to use the employer RTI figures then they would have explained this to you on the renewal.
    But they don't, they just ignore all numbers you give them until you phone.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure