Tax Credits Renewals - 2014

Options

Comments

• UnderPressure
    Options
    We must be lucky as every year we never have any issues at all with renewal and this year with 1st year self employment earnings it was not a straight forward renewal. I dd it online a couple of days before the 31st of July, within 10 days we had all the paperwork through, as I had given an estimate at renewal I then rang to give to confirm the figures were correct and then within a week we had a lovely underpayment in the bank and all the finalised paper work in the post, as usual, me personally cannot fault their service in any way.

I hope our luck continues............
    "You can measure a man's character by the choices he makes under pressure"
    Sir Winston Churchill
  • tinytim78
    Options
    We must be lucky as every year we never have any issues at all with renewal and this year with 1st year self employment earnings it was not a straight forward renewal. I dd it online a couple of days before the 31st of July, within 10 days we had all the paperwork through, as I had given an estimate at renewal I then rang to give to confirm the figures were correct and then within a week we had a lovely underpayment in the bank and all the finalised paper work in the post, as usual, me personally cannot fault their service in any way.

I hope our luck continues............

Myself and my partner are in exactly the same boat, alas, as yet, nothing through the post.
  • mrs_sparrow
    mrs_sparrow Posts: 1,917 Forumite
    Options
    tinytim78 wrote: »
    Myself and my partner are in exactly the same boat, alas, as yet, nothing through the post.

Same as you - done mine around 14th July online, nothing in the bank last time I checked. :(
  • getdebtfree
    Options
    I strongly recommend that anyone having any kind of issue with their renewal, phones or emails their local MP.

I emailed my MP last night, explained the situation, and asked if there was anything he could do to help.

I've just had a call from his office to say that they had spoken to HMRC this afternoon, and as a result, my renewal has now been finalised, and next weeks payment will be in my account a day late, with my normal payment schedule resuming from September.

I am SO relieved!! A day late is absolutely fine - that can be easily dealt with!! :):):)

Excellent news

Thanks for your reply on my other thread...our circumstances are exactly the same im worried sick and could do with a stiff drink and a good nights sleep but that aint happening

I just emailed my local MP its sir John stanley hope I got his email right though

Its reassuring to know you got yours sorted

Cheers

Marcus
    IVA Approved first payment 16th Feb 2013, 60 months from now DF.
  • pinkypoopydoo
    Options
    Excellent news

Thanks for your reply on my other thread...our circumstances are exactly the same im worried sick and could do with a stiff drink and a good nights sleep but that aint happening

I just emailed my local MP its sir John stanley hope I got his email right though

Its reassuring to know you got yours sorted

Cheers

Marcus

I hope you get yours sorted too. I don't think people understand just how stressful this whole debacle is to those on the receiving end of the problems.

I'm due my payment tomorrow, and am waiting with baited breath for my award notice to arrive through the post, so I can hopefully still get a uniform grant, sort out my daughters school instrument tuition fee bill, and get my eldest's EMA renewal sorted, even though they've been back at school for a week already.

We rely on Tax Credits award notices for so much these days, and a mess-up by HMRC has far more consequences than being left a few pounds out of pocket for a week or so.
  • getdebtfree
    Options
    I hope you get yours sorted too. I don't think people understand just how stressful this whole debacle is to those on the receiving end of the problems.

I'm due my payment tomorrow, and am waiting with baited breath for my award notice to arrive through the post, so I can hopefully still get a uniform grant, sort out my daughters school instrument tuition fee bill, and get my eldest's EMA renewal sorted, even though they've been back at school for a week already.

We rely on Tax Credits award notices for so much these days, and a mess-up by HMRC has far more consequences than being left a few pounds out of pocket for a week or so.

Good luck

Lets hope its sorted for you

wow I guess I wouldnt be entitled to a uniform grant there is only me working....

we having a nightmare paying for all of that to

Im going to ring tax credits again, im worried the local MP will be swamped with emails and wont get back to me....

I have already cancelled a couple of direct debits

its a nightmare
    IVA Approved first payment 16th Feb 2013, 60 months from now DF.
  • tea-tart-and-rice_3
    Options
    Please let us know pnky if you got your promised payment today.

My mp office sent an automated email that they are away til 1 sept - sigh.

Inside im in turmoil, hubby doesnt stress about this sort of thing like i do so im keeping it to myself but i felt sick yesterday when my usual weekly payment didnt go in the bank. Thats what we rely heavily on for groceries etc. still one week left of school hols too, when i first posted i was angry with the let down now im just upset.

Another one needing a good nights sleep also.
  • pinkypoopydoo
    Options
    My payment was in my account today, thankfully :)

I'm just waiting on my paperwork to arrive, as I think they may have ignored the fact that my eldest son has stayed on at school, as my payment schedule (as given to the MP's staff who dealt with my case) is significantly different to the figures I get on entitledto.

Does your local MP have an office number? If you look up the Houses of Parliament website, they may have an office number that you can phone - surely he must have some staff still working while he is on his summer break?
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,866 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does your local MP have an office number?
    They all have a parliamentary number 020 7219 xxxx and a constituency number, both of which can be found on http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • mrs_sparrow
    mrs_sparrow Posts: 1,917 Forumite
    Options
    I'm just waiting on my paperwork to arrive, as I think they may have ignored the fact that my eldest son has stayed on at school, as my payment schedule (as given to the MP's staff who dealt with my case) is significantly different to the figures I get on entitledto.

I don't think entitledto is 100% accurate, they said we would get HB of £366 a month - we got £180. I am not knocking anything though as, any help we can get is a bonus. We did not know we could claim HB, I am gutted at the thought of how much we have lost over the last 6 years of us being here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure