Tax Credits Renewals - 2014

Options

Comments

• zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,325 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    KevinG wrote: »
    I would completely disagree with this, I think the only way to get things sorted out this year is on the phone - if they actually ask for evidence, provide it, but anything sent by post this year just seems to disappear into a black hole.
    If you can get it sorted out on the phone then fine, but if you phoned them 2+ weeks ago and it's still not sorted then I'd strongly recommend you write to them to cover yourself. Send it by registered post if you're worried about it getting lost. You only have 30 days from the final decision for "mandatory reconsideration", see http://www.revenuebenefits.org.uk/tax-credits/guidance/how-to-deal-with-hmrc/appeals/starting-an-appeal/
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,867 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »
    If you can get it sorted out on the phone then fine, but if you phoned them 2+ weeks ago and it's still not sorted then I'd strongly recommend you write to them to cover yourself.[/url]
    Well I'll try phoning a couple more times first (the last two have not been successful). Incidentally, they claim that lines are less busy between 8.30-10.30 am and 2.00-4.00 pm, Tuesday to Thursday.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,867 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    7.45am is the best time to call.
    Do you get put in a queue until they open at 8?
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • mrs_sparrow
    Options
    Finally got through this morning at 8.45am after holding for 3 minutes. I spent most of yesterday being cut off as there was a 'we are too busy to talk to you at the moment' message and the line goes dead.

Apparently mine should have been done by now and he is going to get it put through as priority.

However, he did say that some are not being process until 3rd NOVEMBER but that mine did not fall into this category!! Wow. Maybe these ones are the claims that have children 16-18 that are still in education and their claims ended in September (which would be 8 weeks) Just thought I would give you the heads up on that.
  • drivinghgv
    Options
    Any one know the opening times for B&C compliance operations please
  • drivinghgv
    Options
    No opening times on the letter
  • mrs_sparrow
    Options
    The claims for 16-20 year olds started to be done last week, this is completely separate to renewals.

OK, well some people are not getting theirs until the 3rd November, not sure who then. It isn't me though.
  • ROBEAR84
    Options
    Does anyone know how backdating renewals works when they've taken so long to process? will the still only backdate 1 month? or will they back date it to when I did my renewal?

My 8 weeks isn't until next Tuesday but we'll be abroad then for 2 weeks so I won't be calling them then and I'm not hopeful for it being done before we go.
  • ROBEAR84
    Options
    It depends on what it is that needs to be backdated.

It's child and childcare elements as we don't qualify for WTC. Our payments halfed when the interim payments began in April, but a large preportion of my income last year was Maternity Leave so that should push it back up again if that makes sense. Pretty sure I've been underpaid by at least £20 a week since April (although I know they wouldn't backdate that far as I didn't renew until July)
  • kezzak
    Options
    Hi there i need some advice i phoned and and renewed my tax credits on the 21st off july i had only recived my renewal a few days befire hand i am still waiting to hear back so i phoned today and was told it was not finalised and may not here anything until the 30 off november why would it tske so long thankyou
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure