We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Tax Credits Renewals - 2014

Options

Comments

• MelissaLou
    Options
    Hi,
    I have yet to receive my renewal pack. I have tried to ring the tax credits helpline numerous times but I have not yet managed to get through. They just say they are taking too many calls and to try again later!
    I am worried because I was on maternity for 27 weeks in 2013/2014 tax year. Do I immediately take £2700 from my annual income or do I need to phone them to let them know I'm on maternity leave?
    I am also going back to work in a couple of weeks time and I'm going to have childcare costs which I also need to tell them about! Does anybody know the best time to phone so I get through? I can't stop worrying about the fact I haven't got my renewal pack yet!
  • georgiasdragons
    Options
    welshone1 wrote: »
    Just need some clarification I had a auto renewal and I was told I wouldn't get any other paper work apart from what came through the post and that would be my evidence for applying for extra funds from college . Can someone confirm if we get an award for 2014 to 2015

Welshone

I had an auto renewal and they told me when I called I won't get a final award notice. That I wAs to keep this as it had my payments etc as evidence for any other benefits.

If you had an auto renewal no you won't get a new award unless you made any changes
  • georgiasdragons
    Options
    Melissa Lou

When I've made changes to childcare Blondebubbles is right
    Phone up no earlier than 7 days in advance.

I ring before 8am
  • welshone1
    welshone1 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    Welshone

I had an auto renewal and they told me when I called I won't get a final award notice. That I wAs to keep this as it had my payments etc as evidence for any other benefits.

If you had an auto renewal no you won't get a new award unless you made any changes

That's what I was told but the college are saying different, but my son did say he guy didn't read it just took one look and handed it back to him and said I needed my 2014/2015. I've just read the first page of the renewal and it clearly states that I won't get another so will have to go bravo to the college .
  • georgiasdragons
    Options
    Yes just explain it's a new process.

The back page clearly states 2014-2015 payments!

Bet they didn't look page 1.
  • Simon7685
    Simon7685 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I renewed online on D Day - 6th June and got last years final and this years new award both arrived today. So a real quick turnaround for me this year whichI am more than happy with. Nothing worse than having to wait weeks and weeks, wondering if everything is going to be ok, especially when self employed.
  • Fergie42
    Fergie42 Posts: 184 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Fergie42 wrote: »
    Hi
    Well I finally got through and spoke to a very nice lady who confirmed what you said above. She said my claim could take up to 8 weeks but if I gave her my 14/15 income it would generate a payment.
    I did this so hopefully I will at least receive something in the next few days. I explained that the accounting loss was so big we have carried it forward into this year thus reducing my income again.
    she was very helpful and seemed to understand the frustration of people with the real time figures who may have reductions to make.

Still no payment this morning. I'm concerned now that the wrong figure for last year (£35k) would have made the system think we had a big overpayment so even though I've confirmed my 14/15 income the generated payment may not come? Any ideas anyone on how long a generated payment usually takes to hit your bank account? Even though I updated on-line last Thursday it still wasn't showing on my files the Friday afternoon.
    Thanks
  • enuff
    enuff Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 17 June 2014 at 7:32AM
    Options
    Hi im new here
    My working tax credit stopped last week unexpectedly and my child tax credit dropped to £40

My dp started work last summer after being on jsa. We claimed tax credits as he was on min wage

Then last week with no letters, notification or changes they stopped!

Rang them straight away and they said they had a 13/14 income as £18k!! which is £6k out!
    Told them its not right as i had my dp p60 to hand and although i worked temp in apr/may of 2013 just before i moved in with my dp i havent worked since as im at college.
    The man said we just have to wait till renewal pack arrives till then nothing :(
    Renewal pack was apparantly sent on 2 june, but not yet recieved.
    So i gathered all my info for the year and rang back and spoke to a lady.
    She said the "system" showing we earned £18k for 13/14, which is £6k more than we earned!
    I said they are way way out and i had rang hrmc paye and even they dont know where you are getting the figures from!

She checked around and said that as we was on jsa beg of year the "system" had put a figure in of my dp salary, on top of that it had calc jsa for the yr, as apparantly it doesnt remove it auto, then it had calc my temp earnings and again plus jsa for coming year (even tho i wasnt on it after beg apr 13!
    This gave a total of 18k

She apparantly adjusted it and i would get a new letter.

I did yesterday! This time she has correct figures in the earnings box, but the total now is nearly 19k!!

So i rang yet again, they said that it will eventually right itself as the system has to "catch up"
    In the meantime we get £10 wtc along with £60 ctx!
    until i have recieved the renewal form (which she said should have been recieved yesterday but wasnt), if i dont recieve by next week call them and they resend.

After paying rent in full and ctax we are now left with £24 less than if we unemployed!

I cant understand how they can say that their error stands until i fill in renewal form, which is prob lost!

We were just getting on our feet after moving in together last may and coming off jsa, this has thrown us back yet again! I sometimes wonder why we even try :(
  • CGG
    CGG Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    Can someone help, please? I'm a stay-at-home Mum, not working. OH is self-employed and his 2013/4 Tax Return has been sent off to HMRC. In January, I received the proceeds from the sale of a property that I had jointly owned with three other relatives.
    Do I need to state anywhere on the Annual Declaration for Tax Credits this amount - or is it not classed as income? Or do I just declare the interest the amount has earned? Thanks.
  • Bellefred
    Options
    Hi can anyone help me in the past 3 weeks my Woking and child tax credits have decreased one only by a few pounds but the towhee by £56 a week, is this normal around the renewal period? I only sent my renewal form of last week so it can't be from my new calculations also there is very little difference in the total amounts in this year to last? Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport