We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Tax Credits Renewals - 2014

Options

Comments

• gneesome
    gneesome Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Yes I checked my payslips and the taxable pay is increasing by full pay including pension payments.
    I checked my pension provider statement and they claim the 20% tax back. I didn't realise this was unusual for a company pension scheme.
    Thanks a lot.
    Gary
  • Shezza2008
    Options
    Hi was wondering if this had happened to anyone else? Received my renewal filled it in online. But today I have received exactly the same renewal through the post. Do I need to resubmit the information again or just ignore it? Many thanks
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    Shezza2008 wrote: »
    Hi was wondering if this had happened to anyone else? Received my renewal filled it in online. But today I have received exactly the same renewal through the post. Do I need to resubmit the information again or just ignore it? Many thanks

You've done it once. That's enough so ignore it. Did you call up and ask for a replacement as yours was taking too long?
  • Shezza2008
    Options
    Hi thanks for your replies, they sent another out because the first one had taken over two weeks. Unfortunately they didn't tell me if the first one turned up to ignore it. Been on the phone to them this morning and finally completed my renew this morning.
  • jonnyboy82
    jonnyboy82 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    hi..

im getting a bit worried now, we was sent a renewal pack on the 27th may and I hadn't received it so on the 12th of june( 2wks 2 days after) I called and the lady said as its over 2 weeks she will order a new one.

I have no idea why we did not get the first one as we get everything from them normal after a week or so and my normal mail is coming fine.

im worried we wont receive this 2nd one too, I suffer with anxiety and aspergers and its making me worry lots and also if they don't have the info by 31st july our payments will stop so it says on the news etc

I have called them quite a few times to explain and they have said one was sent 27th may and a replacement on the 12th june.

does anyone have any advice or similar dealings.

many thanks.
  • jonnyboy82
    Options
    Shezza2008 wrote: »
    Hi thanks for your replies, they sent another out because the first one had taken over two weeks. Unfortunately they didn't tell me if the first one turned up to ignore it. Been on the phone to them this morning and finally completed my renew this morning.

how long did it take for the 1st one to arrive if you don't mind me asking ?

its getting on for 3 weeks since it was sent to us (27th may) and we hadn't got it yet, they also sent out a duplicate on the 12th june, I assume they are both the same and I could use either to renew over the phone ?

thanks .
  • lobby02
    Options
    hi as anyone not received tax credit renewal form yet ? ours was sent out on the 31st of may
  • jonnyboy82
    Options
    yes, I think it does cancel out the old form if you send it back by post as it gets scanned but if you do it over the phone it is fine as you are just giving them all your details.
  • Pjst101
    Options
    lobby02 wrote: »
    hi as anyone not received tax credit renewal form yet ? ours was sent out on the 31st of may

Mine was sent 31st and I'm still waiting.
    Not sure if to phone or wait a little longer.
  • jonnyboy82
    Options
    EDIT - the 1st renewal which was sent has just come and I just renewed over the phone..

she said if the duplicate turns up to just bin or shred it, she did ask for a mobile number for texts in the future o which has never been asked of me before.

at least it is done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family