We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Tax Credits Renewals - 2014

Options

Comments

• georgiasdragons
    Options
    Good news 👍
    Hopefully mines on its way as mine was posted 28th.

Welshone does it show future payments ?
  • welshone1
    welshone1 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    Good news 👍
    Hopefully mines on its way as mine was posted 28th.

Welshone does it show future payments ?

Yes shows all payments and says only ring if your going to earn more the 21k on mine you should have this week as mine was 27 may
  • georgiasdragons
    Options
    Fingers crossed thank you
  • Shezza2008
    Options
    Has anyone renewed online? If so how long does it take please? Thanks in advance
  • Shezza2008
    Options
    Thanks blonde bubbles must of missed that will have another read through now.
  • Fergie42
    Fergie42 Posts: 184 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Received my renewals pack yesterday and it showed income from my employer correct at £35k. However, we wanted to reduce this as hubby made a big loss and we told them this last month.
    This morning I have not received my money that was due in the bank. I renewed yesterday but they must be using my wages as the total income so no money today!
    Really relying on that money coming in so anyone any idea how long it will take them to update the new information showing the real income amount so I can get my payment?
    Sorry to ramble but really need that money.
  • Fergie42
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hi
    No I renewed on-line but I intend to ring them this morning. x
  • andrewmp
    andrewmp Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine has gone down again this week, still no renewal form, lovely.
  • Fergie42
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Does that not give you a timeframe? Timescale on website is min 8 weeks, others on the thread said they've been told the same by the helpline. Some peoples have processed much quicker and some longer.

Crikey I hope it isn't 8 weeks or we are in serious trouble :(

Can't get through to them yet but it's just so annoying that I already told the compliance people about this when they checked it in February!

Thanks for your help. Oh and no there was no timescale I can remember on-line. It was a very short form actually.
  • Fergie42
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    There isn't anything they could have done about it in February I'm afraid as the tax year at that point wasn't finished and the reveals aren't sent until mid April.

Have you updated your estimate for 2014/15?

Hi
    Well I finally got through and spoke to a very nice lady who confirmed what you said above. She said my claim could take up to 8 weeks but if I gave her my 14/15 income it would generate a payment.
    I did this so hopefully I will at least receive something in the next few days. I explained that the accounting loss was so big we have carried it forward into this year thus reducing my income again.
    she was very helpful and seemed to understand the frustration of people with the real time figures who may have reductions to make.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport