Tax Credits Renewals - 2014

Options

Comments

• welshone1
    welshone1 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    They've brought in a few changes to renewals this year, online was one.

There is info here on the basics - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/Taxcredits/keep-up-to-date/renew-claim/why-renew.htm

Blonde bubbles my payments go down in June or July this because my son turns 16 next month he as been accepted on a full time college course can I tell them now or do I have to wait ?
  • welshone1
    welshone1 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    You can call now but the system won't update it until after 1st Sept. Your payments wouldn't have changed until 31st August. It will depend in what college course though.

It's btec level 1 nvq from what I read that's covered .
  • johnsmiffy
    johnsmiffy Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    welshone1 wrote: »
    That an excellent idea don't know why they have not done that before.

The did allow renewals and changes online prior to 2005/06. I renewed in June 2005 online through a government gateway ID, but for 2006 this was not available and when I mentioned this on the phone to HMRC when renewing they said the online renewals and changes had been stopped due to large amounts of fraudulent claims.

Glad they have started again :j (even if it's only beta), hate having to wait on the phone for hours just to confirm nothing has changed!

Just hope they allow all claimants to renew online and do not randomly select a few, but this is the HMRC we are talking about!
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/Taxcredits/keep-up-to-date/renew-claim/why-renew.htm#4

Handy HMRC table saying when you can expect your renewal pack by depending on your circumstances
  • raq
    raq Posts: 1,716 Forumite
    Options
    kayester wrote: »
    ive just renewed mine online

Is this a new one of inputting your figures for 2014/2015 ?? Be great if it is for some people.
    :A Tomorrow's just another day - keep smiling
  • kayester
    kayester Posts: 1,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    yeah it says only can do it online if you have no changes, and i havent so i was able to do this.
    216/2018 (make ££ in 2018)

Grocery challenge
    Jan 227/400
    swagbucks target 2018 1452/27375
  • georgiasdragons
    Options
    Last year I received my renewal pack 19th April and went through the review team which took 10-12 weeks to renew.

I haven't received my pack yet but now there was a new real time paye I was hoping I would get an automatic renewal?

Although I love the sound of the online renewing this year but as its new I wonder if its reliable system yet?

I heard there were new systems with the renewals this year but yet to hear what they all are apart from the renewing online.
  • Emmamumof2
    Emmamumof2 Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    Just had a look at the eligibility to renew online as that seems a great way to renew and it says:

If your Annual Review notice is correct you can renew online. You'll be able to give or confirm your income online, but you won’t be able to report any other changes.

So I interpret that to mean that you can give your income online, even if that has changed for the 14/15 tax year, but nothing else in terms of change in circumstances can be reported via online renewal....you also need the 15 digit reference from your TC renewal docs so you can't sneak on before you receive the pack to renew prematurely!
  • georgiasdragons
    Options
    So for example if last year you was expecting to earn 14500 but earnt 15600 and this year expected to earn 14,500 can you renew online?

Are they doing auto renewals for Paye people?
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    So for example if last year you was expecting to earn 14500 but earnt 15600 and this year expected to earn 14,500 can you renew online?

Are they doing auto renewals for Paye people?

Yes because that's not a "change of circumstances" such as children, address, bank details, relationship status etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure