Options
    Just updating my PP list:-

Cutex nail polish remover
    Elemis PCMC
    [STRIKE]TBS Raspberry Body butter
    Benefit Facial Polish
    Aussie Shampoo [/STRIKE]
    Elemis Nourishing shower cream
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Valm - I love your signature x
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    rosemary54 wrote: »
    just packed my plastic bag to take with carry on case on holiday,had a sudden panic about suncream(am off to sunny spain for 4 nights.....I know I just got back from holiday in Tenerife with DH but actually booked to go and see a friend before he decided he wanted to go there)anyway found mini spray sun stuff(30 and15) in Tesco at £2 for 60mls so got both as it is supposed to be very hot.taking min make up,no perfume and min skin care,could not decide if wipes had to go in the bag so just putting 4 in cling film in the bag.

Have a nice holiday. Very envious, I am still unemployed but BF's parents want us to join them on holiday next month :eek: not my idea of fun but I've said I could go for a couple of days. Does anyone know how that works with the job centre, I will still be looking online for jobs so not exactly galavanting!
    Last time I was away I just put a packet of wipes in my hand luggage but not in the clear toiletries bag. They aren't a liquid so don't need to go there.
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So is anyone "saving" for some special products? My wish list is

Urban decay naked pallett (I have an excellent dupe from Beauty Bays own brand)
    Urban decay All nighter (handbag size of De slick I have is amazing)
    Ellie Saab La Purfume Intense (it's amaaaazing)
    Aromatherapy Associates inner strength (had a small one in advent calender - amazing)
    Espa pink hair mud (miricle in a jar)

That's all about £150 so I need to rein in the spending & think of a savings plan. I do lots of online surveys so putting all those vouchers to it.

When I list my stash tomorrow you'll see I have a tonne to UU whilst I save. Then I will start only buying when I really need it.

Thanks for letting me join in- really enjoying reading all your posts, have some serious stash envies though!!
  • sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    Oops, I am the worst shopaholic here I think!

Went to boots to buy a Philips lumea but they had a huge clearance bit right at the front (not like their usual 'junky' and messy clearance bit). Bought extracts mango mini bag (butter and body wash) £1.50 (75%off) a natural collection passion fruit shower gel for 50p and s&g sit tight intense xs for £4.50 (but I also had a 300pts voucher for s&g)
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • tiffanyjayne_2
    tiffanyjayne_2 Posts: 183 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2014 at 9:52AM
    Options
    March/April list

[STRIKE]Garnier Moisture Match 50ml
    Garnier Moisture match [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Skin So Soft age defying hand cream[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]No7 time resisting night cream 15ml[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Avon foot works cherry ice foot lotion 75ml[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Get fruity lemon body butter 50ml[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Skin wisdom thermal face mask 15ml[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Vichy life serum 1.5ml x2[/STRIKE] x1
    Vichy liftactiv eyes and lashes 1.5ml
    Vichy liftactiv serum 10 1.5ml
    [STRIKE]YSL Forever serum[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]No7 protect and perfect day cream 15ml[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Molton brown rhubarb and rose hand cream 7ml[/STRIKE]
    Dr.brandt pores no more 7.5ml
    [STRIKE]Olay wrinkle relaxing complex 7ml[/STRIKE]
    La Roche-posay concentre correcteur 5ml
    Benefit stay don’t stray 2.5ml
    Anew reversalist night cream 15ml
    Anew reversalist illuminating eye system 15ml

Feeling pretty good about my list, i'm getting there :)

Low
    [STRIKE]Gone[/STRIKE]
    Still in use

April/May list

any left from above
    Lush - ultra bland cleanser
    lush - Cosmetic warrior
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 April 2014 at 9:35PM
    Options
    asset2004 wrote: »
    Have a nice holiday. Very envious, I am still unemployed but BF's parents want us to join them on holiday next month :eek: not my idea of fun but I've said I could go for a couple of days. Does anyone know how that works with the job centre, I will still be looking online for jobs so not exactly galavanting!
    Last time I was away I just put a packet of wipes in my hand luggage but not in the clear toiletries bag. They aren't a liquid so don't need to go there.

Is it an abroad holiday or UK? If it's UK based, and the job centre are going to be real pains about it, you could always find a local library and pop in for a quick job search? If you're only away for a couple of days though, just search before you go and when you get back - their quota was never much when I was job hunting, it was easy to surpass it.

I'm reporting in for duty for another month. Can't think of anything I need just now, but I'm sure I will find something!

Starting off with a couple of UUs:
    Sanctuary Spa body butter - quite nice, prefer this to the body lotion, WMBA.
    Lush Mint Julips lip scub - not convinced I got the point of this. It didn't buff off the dead skin, just upset the sensitive bits, so I mostly just put a bit on, licked it off, put a bit more on, licked it off again! It didn't last very long... WNBA
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    asset2004 wrote: »

It's years ago but I went to Northern Ireland on a break when I was signing on, in the days of free flights. I was there over a weekend and said I would be looking for job opportunities out of interest (true). It was what the JC wanted to hear.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Nelly11
    Nelly11 Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    I shall compile a list over the weekend, I had a look last night and have product unopened from 4 christmases ago and some Chanel body cream that has lasted longer than my marriage! I save it because I think its all for best and should just be using it as a treat every day.
    Barclay card £4,024/£0 0%interest
    HMRC £3,456/£0 0% interest
    Blackhorse £2763/£0 0% interest
    HMRC2 £397/£0 0% interest
    Credit card £1400/£0 29% interest
    Save all loose change 2018 total =
  • tiffanyjayne_2
    Options
    My UU's so far

U by Ungaro shower gel, didn't like the smell and it's an old stash

No7 protect and perfect night cream,love this stuff but i have so many more to get through, WBA when i need it

Avon naturals body lotion - sugar plum and vanilla, smelled gorgeous but didn't go far for the price, WMBA if on offer

Anew reversalist cleanser - nice texture but didn't clean my face like others have.

Samples

Molton brown rhubarb and rose hand cream, lovely smell but it made my hands really greasy

Neutrogena Healthy Scalp x2 - left my hair feeling super clean but a little dry so WNBA

nice n easy perfect 10 x2 -i've piled all of my hair dye conditioners into my swimming pot, this makes my hair really soft and shiny but you can't buy it alone so cannot BA

Garnier Nutrisse conditioner, lovely product and it smells lush but cannot buy alone, the bottle is a pain to empty.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure