No buying unnecessary toiletries April 2014

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kadison - take a photo of the pothole to send with your letter, I have heard of people being successful with claims in Yorkshire.

Our delusional government have no idea about public transport, they must think everyone lives in London and can get buses and trains anywhere. Where we live all and I mean all the buses run in a straight line and if you want to go 2 miles off the straight line you need to trek all over the county first.

I have a uu

CK Eternity Moment - WNBA, I love Eternity and have been buying if for years but this was not very individual, it could have been anything.

Welcome newbies.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Kadison - take a photo of the pothole to send with your letter, I have heard of people being successful with claims in Yorkshire.

Our delusional government have no idea about public transport, they must think everyone lives in London and can get buses and trains anywhere. Where we live all and I mean all the buses run in a straight line and if you want to go 2 miles off the straight line you need to trek all over the county first.

I have a uu

CK Eternity Moment - WNBA, I love Eternity and have been buying if for years but this was not very individual, it could have been anything.

Welcome newbies.

Unfortunately I have no idea which pothole did it (indeed it may have been hitting several that caused it), I know I've bashed the wheel on the opposite site but never the driver side which is where the buckled wheel is. They only discovered it during the yearly service as it's on the inner side of the wheel so imperceptible when it wasn't up on the ramp.

I had a nightmare yesterday, bus stop wise you're alright in the town and along along residential roads but if you need to go anywhere else you've got miles to walk. I had to walk easily half a mile to get from the nearest bus stop to the VW dealership today, on the way back from there yesterday after dropping the car off, (it is near a very busy motorway roundabout), there was no path at all up to the intersection which has traffic coming from 4 directions in several lanes each, no crossing whatsoever despite there being a restaurant and a costa coffee on the opposite side, you've just got to guess how long the lights will stay red and run for your life across three lanes! I was stood waiting for the 10:28 bus for 35 minutes when it turned up at 10:45, just before the next one was due!

I do find myself wondering how people with limited mobility get about if they have to rely on buses, they must have to have mobility scooters, no way you could get most places in a normal wheelchair or with a walking zimmer thing (I know what I mean :o). You'd be throughly exhausted navigating all the uneven pavements and the steep rises and falls, and Wiltshire is one of the flattest counties there is!

Personally what drives me mad is all the waiting then being forced to share air space with people who smell entirely of curry even at 9 in the morning or to whom water seems to be a complete stranger! People yacking loudly on their phones, people swearing really strongly (and I'm talking C word :eek:) when there is a packed bus with kids, old people etc, bus drivers trying to make you fall over by braking or cornering as violently as possible, the list goes on!

Good news is that my car is going in tomorrow so no hire car needed as I'll have their courtesy car, no idea what I'll get but I don't care as long as it's not a peugeot 108 or a smart car or something else that drives like a tin can!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Free sample sachet of Maybelline foundation, whilst stocks last...

http://email.maybellineclub.co.uk/mnybetterskin/diagnostic.jsp

:T

Thanks, I don't usually use foundation but will pass it on to a good friend who does.
    NBIn for me courtesy of this same friend.

A 75ml Beverly Hills Polo Club Classic shower gel. I didn't say no as it's 75ml and will be brilliant for short holidays and weekends away. Will save tricky decanting into small bottles. I gave most of my travel bottles to DGD anyway last year; I suspect they probably stayed in Italy. :(

It smells a lot like CK One, which is 'my' perfume, so I'm very pleased about that.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    just packed my plastic bag to take with carry on case on holiday,had a sudden panic about suncream(am off to sunny spain for 4 nights.....I know I just got back from holiday in Tenerife with DH but actually booked to go and see a friend before he decided he wanted to go there)anyway found mini spray sun stuff(30 and15) in Tesco at £2 for 60mls so got both as it is supposed to be very hot.taking min make up,no perfume and min skin care,could not decide if wipes had to go in the bag so just putting 4 in cling film in the bag.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    166million wrote: »
    omg just finished listing things from the bathroom and bedroom and im tired so no digging out the suitcase from under the bed tonight! don't know where to start with using up all this stuff its daunting!

Have chucked a few old, dried up and skanky things though so that's a start.

You've made a good start. Try figuring out which items are really old. Also see if there are products that you have opened and half used/nearly used up.
    Evening ladies
    Thanks Sundaysgirl for starting us off again and I wish you all the very best for your forthcoming wedding, what an exciting time for you, xo

I'm back in again for this month but I'm not expecting many uu's as I have a lot of full sized products on the go at the moment.
    As ever, I'll be hoping to keep the in's low but I do like the look of the upcoming elemis tsv, this may prove to be my downfall :o

Happy pampering xo

Thanks from me too Sundaysgirl for starting the thread and good luck with the rest of your wedding plans. The next two weeks will fly by.

Oh no, not an Elemis TSV. *Have opened another tab in my Browser to look at ST.com*
    KT2802 wrote: »
    Some lovely stash lists ladies. I love having a good nosey at these!

Haven't made a PP list for a while but have done one for this month:

- La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo
    - Benefit it's potent eye cream mini
    - Sanctuary Body Lotion (this is a big bottle and am not even half way through it, could be a bit ambitious)
    - E45 Nourish and restore body lotion
    - Eye make up remover wipes
    - V05 Heat defence spray
    - TBS Olive Shower gel
    - Penguin bubble bar (half gone already)
    - Melting snowman bath melt
    - Sanctuary hand wash
    - Original source vanilla bubble bath

Will see how I get on!

I've recently finished a mini pot of the Benefit eye cream on Emma's behalf as I was sick of dusting it in the bathroom. Was impressed by the amount of product in that little pot.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    Hello, can I join this challenge please? Makeup and beauty products are becoming a weakness of mine so I think I had better nip this in the bud! My problem is that I have recently switched to Bare Escentuals and I love their stuff so much that I want to buy new EVERYTHING and am finding it very hard to resist.

Welcome. If I were you I'd look through your make up and see what items you really don't like using before repurchasing and replacing with Bare Minerals.
    lilly1972 wrote: »
    Hello ladies I joined a few years ago but left due to illness but I am back and have been reading the threads for the last couple of months so thought I would join back in again. I am hoping to move the end of this year beginning of next year so I need to get rid of loads of things I have been doing really well and not buying things just getting free samples when I see them. I did buy a MUA nail varnish this morning in a baby pink colour £1 and some blusher as I am trying to use my make-up up I have loads and its only going to go of.

Welcome back lily1972.
    poppy_f1 wrote: »
    have to say been very lax about writing things down this month
    but have thrown out the soap and glory sexy mother puckers - really dont like the feeling on my lips

I don't like the feel of this either. It actually felt like my lips were burning. Not the look I was hoping for from this product.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    Nelly11 wrote: »
    Can I join please, I still have loads of things left over from christmas, my son annoyingly will leave the last two uses of any product inside the bottle so its a good way to use those up also we seem to have loads of the mini bottles knocking about from hotels etc, I love taking ALL the toiletries back with me from when me and my other half have been away. Im going to try to get him to do this too, he doesnt live with me but has stacks of old gift pack things left from many christmases ago.

Thank you
    Tx
    dippy3103 wrote: »
    Oh my god this thread is fabulous. Every month since I don't know when I have said I will not buy cosmetics or toiletries, and use up my huuuuge stash. Every month I fail.

You ladies have fabulous taste. So many lovely products.

Will have a rummage through & catalogue mine. I'm recovering from an op & bored silly stuck at home so will enjoy this :)

Welcome newbies.
    Does anyone else get to the stage where you just want to throw it all away and start again? I've got so many things I know I won't use - cheap nail polishes I've used once, a few bath things etc - but they never seem to go on swaps (I can't even give them away and Lord knows I've tried!) and charity shops won't take them. But then equally the stubborn side of me thinks that chucking them out would be 'giving in' or admitting defeat somehow! So not really sure what else I can do with them other than have them sitting in the stash for years...

I'd say go wild, liberate yourself and chuck them away. I get to the point now that if something's sitting in the bathroom waiting to be moved/dusted every weekend there's no point in doing so. Go on, you know you want to.

WARNING - POSSIBLY ENABLING !!

Someone posted about the Elemis TSV coming up. Here is a picture of it taken from ST.com. For me it's (thankfully) virtually a repeat of the Christmas TSV and out of all the items I'd only really want the Tan Accelerator which I've used before and is fabulous. Have seen it on offer recently with Salon Skincare I think.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10235&d=1394443523

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • adilade
    adilade Posts: 218 Forumite
    edited 2 April 2014 at 6:55PM
    Options
    kadison wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have no idea which pothole did it (indeed it may have been hitting several that caused it), I know I've bashed the wheel on the opposite site but never the driver side which is where the buckled wheel is. They only discovered it during the yearly service as it's on the inner side of the wheel so imperceptible when it wasn't up on the ramp.

I had a nightmare yesterday, bus stop wise you're alright in the town and along along residential roads but if you need to go anywhere else you've got miles to walk. I had to walk easily half a mile to get from the nearest bus stop to the VW dealership today, on the way back from there yesterday after dropping the car off, (it is near a very busy motorway roundabout), there was no path at all up to the intersection which has traffic coming from 4 directions in several lanes each, no crossing whatsoever despite there being a restaurant and a costa coffee on the opposite side, you've just got to guess how long the lights will stay red and run for your life across three lanes! I was stood waiting for the 10:28 bus for 35 minutes when it turned up at 10:45, just before the next one was due!

I do find myself wondering how people with limited mobility get about if they have to rely on buses, they must have to have mobility scooters, no way you could get most places in a normal wheelchair or with a walking zimmer thing (I know what I mean :o). You'd be throughly exhausted navigating all the uneven pavements and the steep rises and falls, and Wiltshire is one of the flattest counties there is!

Personally what drives me mad is all the waiting then being forced to share air space with people who smell entirely of curry even at 9 in the morning or to whom water seems to be a complete stranger! People yacking loudly on their phones, people swearing really strongly (and I'm talking C word :eek:) when there is a packed bus with kids, old people etc, bus drivers trying to make you fall over by braking or cornering as violently as possible, the list goes on!

Good news is that my car is going in tomorrow so no hire car needed as I'll have their courtesy car, no idea what I'll get but I don't care as long as it's not a peugeot 108 or a smart car or something else that drives like a tin can!

That sounds awful! This is precisely why I hate the bus but unfortunately I'm stuck on them for at least another 11 months. I'm on min wage so there's no way I can afford a car, £3000 for insurance, petrol, road tax and the extortionate £2.10 per day to use the staff car park:eek: I passed my test a year ago this month and haven't driven since the day of my test..*sigh*

I hope you get your car back soon!
    Toiletry spend £34.95 In: 10 out:13
  • VALM
    Options
    I have some UUs to report already:-

Elemis Jasmine and Rose milk bath. This product leaves my skin feeling lovely and silky soft however the fragrance is really synthetic smelling. Have another 3 in the stash sadly. WNBA once gone.

Aussie Shine Shampoo. HG. Will buy again although Emma wants to try the Naked range next. Am just in the process of putting together a shopping list for Boots so that I can use my double points voucher and shampoo is on it as I've graduated in shampoo.

Aussie Shine Conditioner. HG again although I do have other conditioners to use before repurchasing or purchasing from the Naked range as above.

Gave away 3 x sachets of L'Occitane Divine Cream to my friend at work as she uses this. I would rather not try it as I'm happy with my PCMC which I've used for years. Besides this I think Divine Cream is more expensive.

Just about to top up my nail lacquer as I have tip wear on a couple of nails. Am wearing OPI Scores a Goal which I love.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • moromir
    moromir Posts: 1,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Right well I bought the Silica complex today - will report back if theres any noticable changes!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure