Options

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dippy3103 wrote: »
    Valm - I love your signature x

Thank you. I haven't got to the stage where I've been brave enough to unsubscribe from those emails though.
    sjprmc01 wrote: »
    Oops, I am the worst shopaholic here I think!

Went to boots to buy a Philips lumea but they had a huge clearance bit right at the front (not like their usual 'junky' and messy clearance bit). Bought extracts mango mini bag (butter and body wash) £1.50 (75%off) a natural collection passion fruit shower gel for 50p and s&g sit tight intense xs for £4.50 (but I also had a 300pts voucher for s&g)

Wish the Boots local to work had that kind of Clearance shelf. I went in today and although I was chuffed to find a bottle of OPI nail Envy Sensitive and Peeling on there for £9.99 the rest of the items comprised of condoms, deodorant and toothpaste! Not sure what that says about the area i work in! Bought 3 x tubes of Sensodyne which went through as 3 for 2 too.
    Thank you! I ended up doing just that and have realised just how small my stash is. I have three eyeshadows at the end of their lifespan, one eyeliner and one mascara. All about five years old because they don't suit me and therefore I don't wear them. I already have the new BM foundation, blush etc which I LOVE and have donated on the makeup which doesn't work for me (I am naturally pale, 1/4 Indian with sensitive skin... trying to find makeup that works for me is an absolute pain in the neck). Am going to "splurge" on a new eyeliner and eyeshadow for BM and leave it two months. If I find I actually wear it then I might consider buying it in another shade. I am so not good with this makeup stuff, lol, but it's becoming increasingly important for work so I should really do something about it.

Sounds like a good plan.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Decleor Clay & Herbal Mask - 50ml, WBA and have already replaced it with a 200ml size which will last me forever as this 50ml tube has been on the go for 2 years. It makes my skin very soft, and it draws bumps to the surface but not in a dramatic breakout type of way and it smells lovely too. I do have other face masks which need using before I open this though.

This is one of my faves as well. Never fails to brighten my skin.
    dippy3103 wrote: »
    :j:APs deodorant doesn't count right? Just like tights are not counted as buying clothes...
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Deo's - well depends if you have half a year's worth waiting to be used:rotfl:

Just painted my nails Sally Hansen Loden Green, middle finger right hand look awful, I have already re-done it one, third time lucky? It is a nail that got damaged and never looks great:(

dippy31013, I hope that you feel less sore soon:)

Was going to say something similar. I count everything (bar nail colour) that I stash lots of. So if you go out and buy 6 roll ons at once as it was a bargain then you should count them.

Need to repaint my nails tonight and am going to wear OPI Meep Meep Meep. I see there are new Muppet colours on release as well.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    Thank you. I haven't got to the stage where I've been brave enough to unsubscribe from those emails

Hell no!! Besides even my stash will eventually run out!! Got to be ready for it
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just found this thread, so I'm jumping in here - does anyone else use up their teens' toiletries? I'm not fuzzy what I brush my teeth with and when my lovely daughters think they have finished a tube there are 2 weeks worth of paste left each time! Same applies for foundations, moisturisers, cream deos, shower gels, shampoos they are bored by...I have bought neither for months, just finishing off theirs....;)
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • adilade
    adilade Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    kadison wrote: »
    Did you mean £3000 for insurance?! :eek: £2.10 a day isn't much is it? A lot of places around here are so stingy parking wise that you have to use the council places and they cost a LOT more than that!

Oh yes just for insurance! When you're on £3.60 an hour it sure feels like a lot:eek: that and the added joy of taking 45 minutes to get out of the multi storey because of the mad rush at 5pm. Can you tell I'm not enjoying my job??:rotfl:
    Toiletry spend £34.95 In: 10 out:13
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    girlybags wrote: »
    RE JSA and going away. You can go on holiday in the UK but they will stop your money if you go abroad for as long as you are away for.

:( I wonder if I'd lose any claim if I was on last flight out at night and first flight back in the morning? I don't like to ask at the jobcentre as already been given into trouble for restricting which jobs I apply, they are suggesting jobs that there is no way I'll even be considered for, eg golf ball washing at a local golf course!! :rotfl:

Anyway back on topic, I have a UU of one of the L'occtaine handcream samples, nice but even better when free :)
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Happygreen wrote: »
    I just found this thread, so I'm jumping in here - does anyone else use up their teens' toiletries? I'm not fuzzy what I brush my teeth with and when my lovely daughters think they have finished a tube there are 2 weeks worth of paste left each time! Same applies for foundations, moisturisers, cream deos, shower gels, shampoos they are bored by...I have bought neither for months, just finishing off theirs....;)

Liking your style.. I only have a 7 year old boy so no hand me downs fir me! He does like to pinch my Lush mint julips though.. More fool me for ever letting him try it!

I'm up to item 354 & still going. Should be ashamed of myself..
  • moneyless_mac
    Options
    Sadly no UU.

But 15 ebay outs so at least some movement.

Have painted nails with Liquid Sky Lacquer - margaritaville.

Horrid working week but have finished now for the weekend and have some time off later next week for DD's school holiday so hoping to recharge.
    No more buying toiletries
  • tiffanyjayne_2
    Options
    My first make up UU this year, i've been making soap and bath bombs all day and my hands are super dry! so i'll be using alot more hand cream than normal and may have 1 or 2 more UU's this week.

I have an in to add, my britney spears perfumes turned up, i don't like it at all, either of them TBH, i think it's for much younger people and i'll be giving it to my daughter to use.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Toiletries that others leave...
    One reason my shower gels last is that DS (who is adult, 6'5'' and not skinny) uses up a lot more than me per wash so always leaves at least one shower's worth for me in each bottle of his to be UU'd.

Most of his gels have relatively pleasant masculine smells so I am happy to do this once a month.
    I got him a hair set to trial from Am@zon as a freebie; he has very short hair so the gel got used & I suspect I will have a bottle of Alberto V05 Clean Up 2 in 1 shampoo to UU at the end of year.
    Good for removing styling products and getting hair squeaky clean, have given it a trial.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure