Starting over again- Take 2

Options

Comments

• nannytomany
    nannytomany Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    I'm one of those sad people too, bought 7 for a £1 last week (just in case) and got home and found about 14 in my box of cards, saved (recycled) gift bags, (everyone gives me theirs now) and wrapping paper. :rotfl:

I love the idea of giving to a food bank, I always see a box in Te*co and forget to buy anything on the way round but I didn't know you could donate money to them, never thought about that, your a practicing angel Shelbi :A your sure to earn your wings sooner or later
    Because someone we love is in Heaven There is a little piece of Heaven in our Home :A

Goal towards £600/$1000 emergency fund: £78.00
  • Shelbi
    Shelbi Posts: 744 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning nannytomany...haha im glad im not the only one who does that, it makes sense always someones birthday somewhere, or wedding, need a thank you card etc, always better to have them than flying down to the local shop & paying silly prices....I love it! especially the tags, I do that too..love a bit of recycling....and I struggle to throw pretty things away.

Aww bless you, i dont know about earning my wings be happy to break even though and be semi angelic, i have a long way till i get my wings i think lol..I remember i read a blog by a girl called jack who said you can feed a family for price of a coffee £3 (something like that)..Inspired me also was always a task on Ninjasavingkats challenges, I think it became habit from there..(her thread is really inspiring, should certainly take a look) :) I also always forget, when shopping i just like to get in and get out so always skips my mind, this way is easier and everylittle helps i guess...oh lord im late for work...hope you all have a fab day...got to run..Thank god its Monday! ;) x
    DFD-01.03.2018:starmod: :beer::T
    Maternity Savings- £2000/£10,000
    Emergency Fund- £1,000/£5,000
    House Deposit- £0/£25,000.
    NSD November 2/30
    Make £5 per day- £128.48/£155
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 1 July 2014 at 7:53AM
    Options
    Morning...Happy 1st July!! Second half of the year determined to make this better than the last 6months...so updates, I made £36.17 off ebay sales (excl charges and fees) so transferred that to cc2 using app, didnt work and tried it 3 times, kept shutting down, awoke this morning to find a payment of all 3 transferred...oh well guess thats where it was destined to go anyway...then updated my status and realised i was £48 shy of going under the £23k mark so I paid another £100 and limbo'd under that the bar..weyhey!! great start to the day.

Today mission to speak to insurance and get a renewal quote from current they havent sent it, need to check the offer then also to get some other quotes, its due this month so need to be ready. Martin has said nows a good time to renew before it sky rockets...no thanks ill try sort it asap...fingers crossed its low.

Right best go make some lunch & get ready for work, had a pants day yesterday...That will be the last...determined to head in today with a bright shiny attitude, this will be a good day!...Onwards and upwards...

list of 10 things im grateful for to be completed too...kick start the morning in the right way...

Have a fab& frugal day everyone x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi supersaver1000, sorry ive just seen you're message...of course i dont mind, its great to have company on this journey of ours!! Welcome to the club hun...just think a year from now well be debt free!!! Ill subscribe to your diary too, well get this debt down together...have a fab day...Sx
    NSD November 2/30
  • nannytomany
    Options
    Positive thinking Shelbi :j New month, new start (again). Will definatly look into Ninja saving challenge thanks for that.

Did look at a girl called Jack but there were a lot of spicy things in the recipes and I don't do spice, brings me out red faced and I don't like the taste :(

I try and get my DGD when he goes to bed to think of 3 good things that have happened on that day, he usually struggles (can be glass half empty lol) but he always manages it, might try in the mornings as well, that will really annoy him :rotfl:

Have a great day.
    Because someone we love is in Heaven There is a little piece of Heaven in our Home :A

• supersaver1000
    supersaver1000 Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks Shelbi. :) I am going to try my very hardest and will cheer you on too :T
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening Supersaver1000 & Nannytomany

Hope youve both had a fab day!!

Supersaver1000 ive subscribed to your diary and am about 3 pages in, gonna grab some food and enjoy the rest! youre going to do wonderfully I know it!! we're all gonna kick debts butt...& keep each other motivated and on task....Im excited just thinking about it:j

Nannytomany...aww bless your dgd, I do it at night too, its a fab practice, perfect way to start and end a day (when i can remember to do it) He'll thank you for it eventually...its a great habit to have, wished someone had instilled that in me growing up...though I read if you do something for 90days itll be second nature so ill think thats what ill try...no skipping.

Ahh yes she has some interesting concoctions from mrs Jack- do what I do leave half the stuff out and sub in things;) That may work...if im honest most of the time I dont really cook for myself usually something on toast, cereal or pasta...I do believe this classes as cooking for one though:rotfl:

Today I recieved payment for an ebay item- £3.17 so sent that to the credit card, small but itll add up....& spoke to my car insurance people, got a quote of £950 :eek: my insurance is always high due to an accident years ago..my fault. anyway considering it was less than last year £1005 I was grateful and told the guy id look around & let him know, did a few search engines and using qui$co got a quote from the same company for £800 so I brought it there and then... I know its a lot but its cheap and was the best deal the few diff sites & much cheaper than Ive paid in years (im so happy)....most happy as it occurred to me that in 11years of driving its the first time ive used cash not credit to pay for this kind of expense...and i did it without reaching for the crazy glue and trying to stick cc1 or 2 together again...so yes the Dave Ramsey rules do work (I did it without using my emergency money too)-So sad im actually happy about paying a bill, but this really is a big thing, i didnt defer the cost to later:).. ok so ill have less to throw on the cc this month but everything left over will be going that way....sounds wierd but feels like my minds changing in a good way, the message is getting through...small things but massive leap for me.:j ...today was a good day....hope you guys had a fab day too :D X
    NSD November 2/30
  • nannytomany
    Options
    Well done Shelbi, it does sound like a lot for your insurance but if it is cheaper than all the others and then money back from quidco, great news. Must remember to look on quidco when mine needs renewing.

• Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you Nannytomany,

It is alot but good deal in my case lol...definitely check out quidco, you can put a reminder on your computer, from the site, any browsing i do comes up with a header on the page to remind me that theres an offer available....most useful in my case as I always forget...lord it sounds like I work for them, I dont honest, just love the idea of getting money back on things I already pay for :) ...

Goodnight x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Goodmorning MSE land!

Looks like another gorgeous day in London Town...hayfever aside its gorgeous! Have received my Halifax £5 incentive so have made a small offering to cc2 of £5.35, today i will attempt a NSD, fingers crossed, have my bike, have lunch...good to go! have a fab & frugal day guys x
    NSD November 2/30
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income