Starting over again- Take 2

Options

Comments

• Shelbi
    Shelbi Posts: 744 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Am back & had a wonderful trip, just about recovered...awesome city, did over spend though, yesterday found myself counting pennies and trying to ensure that i have enough in my account to cover my dd & not go over drawn....This was a horrid feeling id been hoping not to experience again!!:(...

So today following the teachings of Mr Dave Ramsey & prompted by owing money to friends and a urgent loan request from my bro- I took action & withdrew from my savings account... Ive transfered £1000 to another account for emergency cash just as Dave said, and cleared CC1, paid off remaining overspend from dublin antics & repaid amounts due to work- the rest of the money will be used to pay the balance on the hen night £290 and my car insurance...Im feeling a bit better abut things now, nothing worse than that yucky sick worry feeling if im going to make it with out any funds. Problem now im going to need to buck up my ideas and sort this out, I have no more saving saftey nets, just regular income.
    The emergency money will be left in the account as just that for emergency!;)

Did have some good news yesterday, called my mobile network due to an additional £10 charge on my account & they refunded me £15 also reduced my price plan down to £11 with the same deal but more mobile data, effective on next months bill but hey im happy with this, was very impressed by there customer service.:D

Opted against purchasing YNAB whilst it is awesome, Ive realised its not my budgeting that gets me in trouble its my lack of self control, so will save the £20 odd pounds id spend on it & wack that to my next challenge cc2...Ill just make do with an excel spread sheet till then:)

Really need to sit down and work out next months budget, other than hen payment, rent, hair treatment (necessity to me:o) I wont be touching any money until next month, need to get onto my current car insurance and see what deal they intend to offer me. Then comes the task of shopping around for a better deal :wall:..hate that part but best way to find a deal, especially as my insurance is always high due to bad history...I really could do with a really good deal, fingers crossed...determined to get it as low as I reasonably can so rest can go to cc2;).

In other news- usual saving cheats applied- cycle to work, take lunch, nothing new there.

Figure will need £200 will charge up the fairfx card as it was really handy in Ireland so will be useful on hen too, double the amount just to be safe- have €7.35 left on it.

Also had another MSE moment was checking flight times of trip to work out travel from airport- usually train (dont have anyone who can pick me up- im the cab service normally lol) & turns out in-bound flight at 1.30am ...no train- cab would be at least £100 easily so had a mini brainwave, my friend who im traveling with lives close by, so asked her if i could drive to hers park my car up then have boooked the national express bus to airport £8.50 (used qui$co of course;)) then on the return flight, get a cab with her home back to my car then can drive back...very proud of this massive saving there. Bless her she said I could stay and no need for cab as her hubby will pick us up, but I think ill head home as really dont fancy lugging travel bag into work the next day, plus love my own bed, miss it when im gone to long :rotfl:

Feeling quite proud of myself, I just wish i was this organised with everything else, then wouldnt be in this mess....still baby steps...im getting there!! Right think thats it from me sorry for the essay... x
    DFD-01.03.2018:starmod: :beer::T
    Maternity Savings- £2000/£10,000
    Emergency Fund- £1,000/£5,000
    House Deposit- £0/£25,000.
    NSD November 2/30
    Make £5 per day- £128.48/£155
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Have just performed my first plastic surgery- CC1 has been cut into two!! cant lie was slightly anxious and also nauseous...but its done one step in the right direction. Next target CC2 standing at £5474.00 but from was £5700 so on 100% grid its £57 per 1% already cleared 4% (small but a start) so its time to get serious & declare war!! bless Dave Ramsey his lit a fire in my belly....This is sparta!!!!:j
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening Diary, Today has been a challenging day although im proud to say I havent shopped or spent any money...did the usual- cycle in, lunch was frozen veg and frozen fruit...chased down with 2 plums and 3 packets of free monster munch :o ...Today received a gorgeous cup from a member of my team (bless her I love it) so thought I was onto a winner but Murphy had other ideas. Hour wait at the bank, system crashes & annoying colleagues just made me one snappy cow...
    Cant wait to get some sleep and hit the reset button. Determined to be productive tomorrow, its Friday so i think i can get through one day without committing ABH:rotfl::rotfl:

back to the positives, spoke to the housing today, someone is looking into my case, hopefully account will be activated soon. Official letters to confirm my name is off the mortgage recieved too...would be doing cartwheels if I wasnt so darn tired.

Anyway another nsd and £174 paid to CC2 taking me to 7%...off to colour some grid boxes & then fall in to a coma, awaking in a happy, tollerant and loving mood...yay!! have a wonderful evening y'all x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon diary - lunch of frozen veg & apple eaten (both my body & purse will thank me;))

have performed a final plastic surgery on my last credit card cc2- its not paid off but I wanted to remove any temptation. So now to just attack the balance. All i have now are my debit cards and the pre-paid card for holidays.

Speaking of have asked my colleague if I can borrow her suitcase for the hen next month, cant be asked to lug around my bag & am not buying one- this will probably be my last holiday for a little bit until im DF!:j

Have paid c/tax & rent & will spend some time writing down all events and expenses i forsee happenning next month. Got to be extra careful as i now have no Credit cards or saving saftey net!! Instead going to do my best to be more organised and plan for things on this leg of my journey.

There will be no more shopping unless its vintage;) & I can justify it..still dont need to buy anything for a while so Ill work out clothing budget much later, right now i just need to pull the purse strings and trim fat. Hope to have at least 25% of cc1 paid by end of July..(also have my car insurance due so should be a demanding challenge)...anyway thats pretty much somes up my day so far....x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Another Friday night in saving pennies, made a £5 payment on cc... received £70 back on IOU so I will bank that tomorrow and pay it on the cc in the morning...is it really sad im starting to get happy about chopping away at cc2...meh like I care...all i keep thinking about is how fab it will be to actually have my money without paying it out to anyone...I have been a pilchard thats for sure...but not any more. Had a guilty pleasure of buying a small chai latte and a small green & blacks chocolate bar, of which i ate 3 square then stored it in my desk not cause i didnt want it but because i know i couldn't justify another purchase so going to have to make it last. In hindsight probably shouldve just brought the choc and not the tea, but i was fiending for one my last one, I savoured every drop literally...im going to miss those. So in all not a spend free day but enjoyable. tomorrow will be hairdressers for wash and treatment..expected damage around £45-50's ..hoping for less, cant really think of anything else...gosh i wish i was out but alas im in, no one to step out with anyway so may as well embrace it...face pack and movie pending.....have a fab evening guys x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon MSE land,

Quick check in before I head out again...banked £70 but paid £90 to cc2, then went to c$rd f$ctory to pick up this & next months b'day cards & pressies, I had budgeted £20 for birthdays- I spent £6.15 on 3 cards, stuffed toy (nephews 1st birthday) & Aunts 40th cup...im so happy.

Went to a$da for few bits...spent £14.76 on few essentials- frozen fruit, frozen veg, sp grated cheese, tinned tomato, pasta, garlic bread, lemons,soya milk& cat food- guilty purchases were falafel, veg sausages &salmon trimmings ...still that should tide me over with what I have left in my fridge...Spied my mum put massive box of eggs in her trolly so will be pinching a few of those...call it chauffer tax lol! Sorry Im reeling off food lists im not only bored but hungry too.

Ordered a £10 amazon voucher as a benefit on reward points from cc1 (may it rest in peace) so will use that to buy a facinator & clutch bag for the wedding...already in the basket, just waiting for the gift voucher to arrive...Think thats my outfit complete just need a shawl but sure I have a blue one some where...will hunt for that later.

Updated spread sheet so it shows budget spend, actual & variance...a ynab with out the $30 price tag...happy as a clam but I do so love the YNAB will miss it when the free use goes...its been fun and super useful!

Ok enough gabbing just wanted to check in and build up some mse resilience before I head out so I wont spend anything more other than my hair. Water bottle and snack in my bag I mean business lol...have a fab afternoon everyone xA
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning Mse world....What a beautiful day!!

Made a payment of £25.00 on cc2...taking me to 9 %...have left £28 in my account till payday just in case anything unexpected happens....only have till Thursday so will make samll daily payments and transfer remianing balance on Wednesday night.

Today will be odd jobs, pump bike tyres, washing, sort clothes for work & take pics ready for upload onto ebay this evening, I really need to actually do it so breakfast then to get stuck in....hope everyones having a wonderful Sunday x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Another £11.52 sent to cc1- using virtual sealed pot and leaving myself £20 till payday....been entering books on amazon trade in- only coming up with pennies for some of them, doesnt seem right to part with them for that, may save them for boot sale or list them on play/ amazon as a seller, just not feeling the fees....right time to start listed things for the bay of the e....I so need a clear out...my junk has junk..x
    NSD November 2/30
  • flanno_2
    flanno_2 Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi shelbi

I have been reading your diary since the start and just wanted to tell you that I think you are doing fantastically. I will follow your diary with interest. I do have a diary on MSE myself but have not entered anything on it in a while. However I am going to start putting a few comments in daily to keep myself motivated.

So starting tomorrow I'll be posting.

Keep on debt busting.

Flanno.
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Flanno

Nice to meet you, thank you for delurking its always nice to meet fellow dfw's...also helps me keep on track, know someones watching twice as likely to keep chugging on...Yes please do update your diary, will have a read and keep you motivated too!

have a fab Sunday

Shelbi:)
    NSD November 2/30
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories