Starting over again- Take 2

Options

Comments

• lobbyludd
    lobbyludd Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    hello shelbi, thanks for stopping by my diary - you're doing fab, and I now understand the grid thing in your sig - I may start that for each debt - O/D first a manageable £9.50=1%.

you are super -lovely but (and this is meant out of complete kindness) how many emergencies can your family have? my parents are very solvent but my lovely brother is a financial disaster - finally last year when he asked for another "loan" (£450) I told him how much money I owe and that I couldn't lend him a penny for months. he was fine, didn't die and has never asked me again - sorry! you know your life and family best, so won't be another peep from me.

I'm very inspired by your diary, and love how you're finding all these extra bits and bobs to pay off :)
    :AA/give up smoking (done) :)
  • Shelbi
    Shelbi Posts: 744 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 22 June 2014 at 9:50PM
    Options
    Hi Lobbyludd:hello:

Thank you for stopping by hun:D.... Ha I know reading back I guess that do have alot of emergencies:o...Theyre pretty insolvent, both brother & father dont really work other than odd bits and bobs but no real job & my mother makes under 10k per year (excl tax credits), though shes learnt to get by things always crop up...dont know i guess i feel responsible for them...& since i have a job I suppose its always been my role i guess..I guess they just know I will loan it to them/or just pay things off, otherwise they extend the provident money or wherever else they can get it which I hate as its like riddiculous rates (no disprespect to anyone who works for provi):)...saying that now ive released my savings...there wont be any more quick loans from me .Im going to use that track...hope theyll be as understanding as your brother was. They already know im indebt and how much I owe but ive never told them ive nothing to spare so for the foreseeable, so guess I actually just need to say no... Theyll probably do better than I think they would...guess ill soon find out...;)

Im really happy youve found some use from my ramblings- 100% grid is the best, warn you though youll start looking at everything thinking do i need that its a %, you get into a grid colour frenzy- (maybe thats just me):rotfl: seriously though is a fab tool...£9.50=1% you're going to build up some great momentum...your debt totals are about to plummet...heres to our journeys :beer: x
    DFD-01.03.2018:starmod: :beer::T
    Maternity Savings- £2000/£10,000
    Emergency Fund- £1,000/£5,000
    House Deposit- £0/£25,000.
    NSD November 2/30
    Make £5 per day- £128.48/£155
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    So had a Super Sunday,

mostly spent uploading some bits to ebay- fingers crossed they sell... opted not to watch tv instead been listening to Dave Ramsey audio book on tube of the you to change my mindset a bit. I put my old text books on Ama$on trade in, they have much better rates than my books- total at £24.90 (I think) if they are accepted...will print the label from work and send it off tomorow/Tueday.

Uncle paid me £100/£300 of the IOU money so will bank that & £3.40 (purse change) and take a bite from cc2.

oh and did the asda price promise and have a voucher for 57p from my recent purchase so will print that and put it in my purse so its not wasted...

I guess all in all a good day...lunch made but bike tyres still need pumping, will have to wait till tomorrow, this gazelle is beat!

night all & have a fab evening x
    NSD November 2/30
  • nannytomany
    Options
    Have just read all your diary, really impressed how well you are doing, you sound like such a nice kind person and I'm sure the kindness will come back to you in many ways. Good luck with your journey, I will subscribe if that's OK
    Because someone we love is in Heaven There is a little piece of Heaven in our Home :A

Goal towards £600/$1000 emergency fund: £78.00
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi nannytomany :hello::hello:

Thank you for your message & kind words, of course I don't mind, Im honoured, thank you very much

Shelbi:) x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    So today I woke up and felt rough, brain felt like it had been attacked with an pick axe (sorry too much GOT last night)...anyway was in no state to work so I had to call in sick...I then slept for hours awoke & realised I needed to go bank, so threw on sunday scruff and drove down there. Still a bit headachy but at least im not feeling nauseous with it..so yay!! Lucky I always take a good few paying-in envelopes home with me so by the time I got there I avoided the huge queue and could just post it in the cash in letterbox- I find this really helpful, also find it easier to pop money into the envelope for banking then im less likely to open it and use it, then bank it at first available opportunity...may work for others too so thought id put it out there. Looking on banking hasnt yet been cashed but they were busy so i think ill just go back to sleep and transfer once its credited. Hope your all having a fab day x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Funds cleared £103.40 transferred onto cc2...upto 11% paid off, come on payday hurry yourself so I can take this bad boy down to under 5k...roll on Thursday!!..signature edited, its looking a little better...baby steps but with gusto :j X
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all, Have no idea why im still awake, maybe too much sleep yesterday...anyway im up thinking brain wont shut down so i figured id off load and maybe find some peace....apparently all todays lessons pointed to goals...discussion with colleague, friend mentioned it, then aquaintance uploaded hers on instagram. Got me thinking about my life and to take stock...now im going to skip over the whole pity party, woe is me and the where did i go wrong part...its easier to say I brought into the wrong plan & made some colosal pants decisions...which has led me to the current state of affairs.

It occured to me if i dont take action im going to be in this rut for the next 5 years no thank you...I dont even want to be in it anylonger than 1 year...so I have a year to sort out my life & turn it around...New DFD 25/06/2014. Now i dont even know if that possible..but im about to attempt and give it my best shot... so £23525.33 in 12 months...i cant put my life on hold any longer than that...So thats the deal. works out £1960.44, £64.45 per day...now i know currently i dont earn enough to make those payments but im going to give it my best shot and see how close I can get.

Been reading by Wezl...feed yourself on 50p per day for a month, figured if they can do it so can I...so shopping budget £15.50.
    I need to start my life again..and I think ill have a better chance at that with out the noose around my neck...so anyway thats the plan tonight...maybe tiredness, delirium but ive got to try...Hand me a shovel im about to take a serious stab at digging myself out of this mess....x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    In other news transferred £100 out of emergency fund- paid £61.01 onto cc- taking cc2 under the 5k total- I know im not sposed to touch thed emergency fund, tis true, but dave said save $1000 in cash- thats actually £588.05 (£600) in sterling at todays rate & I have £902 sitting in the pot still so im comfortable with that just wanted to get under that £5k barrier..the next stop is the £4k come on payday i need ya & any extra money thats destined to come my way. Had a notification from quidco that £5 odd is due to me next payment cycle that will go straight to the cc to...I best get some sleep, I have work tomorrow & I need to be on point....night x
    NSD November 2/30
  • MinnyMoo
    MinnyMoo Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    I've just read through your diary today and have to say I've found it really helpful and inspiring. I'm having to start all over again in more ways than one and totally need to focus.

Great idea setting yourself the big goal of paying off all the debt in a year and why not. What have you got to lose, except debt.

I've subscribed so I'll pop in again ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport