The Broker Blues Thread

Options

Comments

• Ftba.d
    Ftba.d Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Also, out of interest, hoe long does it take to process a full application before submission ?
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You might want to open a thread of your own instead of hijacking this one which is intended for broker comment, rather than individual case issues.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Ftba.d
    Ftba.d Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok. Point taken.

How precious :rotfl:
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,788 Forumite
    Options
    Precious?

Perhaps I should have left you wondering why you were getting no replies on here, instead of making a suggestion to try to help you get the information you need?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,469 Forumite
    Options
    Ftba.d wrote: »
    Ok. Point taken.

How precious :rotfl:

This is the only thread we can get some peace on. Please leave it to us!
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would recommend that any mortgage adviser reads the following FOS decision
    http://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.uk/viewPDF.aspx?FileID=119641

It has to be one of the strangest decisions going but that is the world we live in.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • GingerFurball_2
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    I would recommend that any mortgage adviser reads the following FOS decision
    http://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.uk/viewPDF.aspx?FileID=119641

It has to be one of the strangest decisions going but that is the world we live in.
    That's absolutely laughable.

"They didn't want us to consolidate the card."

"well you should have done it anyway. However we agree the rest of the complaint is a load of crap"
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
  • Mkl79
    Mkl79 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Started my own thread with this question but someone suggested trying here,so here goes.
    I am thinking of doing CeMap's and working towards becoming an independant broker but will obviously need some on the job experience,once qualified,with a company/brokerage first,the problem i have is my credit history is not perfect,no bankruptcy or ccj's but i am in a debt management plan the root of which was overstretching myself on a mortgage pre credit crunch. Would this be a minor stumbling block or a major hurdle,or even a complete non starter?
    Any advice would be welcome,and apologies if this is the wrong place to ask.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Its probably not a non starter but its also not a minor issue. You could struggle to fine people prepared to take you on.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am thinking of doing CeMap's and working towards becoming an independant broker but will obviously need some on the job experience,once qualified,with a company/brokerage first,the problem i have is my credit history is not perfect,no bankruptcy or ccj's but i am in a debt management plan the root of which was overstretching myself on a mortgage pre credit crunch. Would this be a minor stumbling block or a major hurdle,or even a complete non starter?

We employ advisers and credit standing is a hurdle. A debt management plan would be a no-go in our case. However, that is our choice. There are many that will think the same way but if you have enough positives to offset it, then you may have a chance. However, unqualified with no previous experience and no client bank means you are lacking on the most common requirements small firms look for.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback