The Broker Blues Thread

Options

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We invested in Acrobat Pro years ago and one of the best things we have ever done.

We scan everything with it. Slim down files for upload, Make active forms. (Not inexpensive, but well worth it)

I use a neat £5 programme called pdf fill to customise pdf forms

I have now told Barclays 2,724 times that Secure Mail needs to have a contacts list.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Senior_Paper_Monitor
    Options
    Acrobat Pro (Now Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - on a subscription model) is at the core of our admin systems - love it (even if the supporting documentation and support is appalling - sort it out yourself ! You need to be a touch techie to get the best out of it).

How any adviser office survives without it I don't know

Kingstreet - try Vuescan - best scanning software on the planet in my view
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SPM - I also used Abobe Acrobat Pro DC and my favourite feature is how you can certify documents on it without having to manually sign it. I didn't know I could reduce the size of PDFs on it though so I've been using smallpdf.com it usually compresses a 10meg document to under a meg.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • amnblog
    Options
    SPM - I also used Abobe Acrobat Pro DC and my favourite feature is how you can certify documents on it without having to manually sign it. I didn't know I could reduce the size of PDFs on it though so I've been using smallpdf.com it usually compresses a 10meg document to under a meg.

View | Tools | Document Processing | Optimise Scanned pdf

I pull the options I need onto the top menu
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Senior_Paper_Monitor
    Options
    The DC GUI is somewhat different

- make sure you select 'Optimize PDF' within available tools and then have tools bar/panel showing, select 'Optimize PDF' and you will be offered:

Reduce file Size (primarily to reduce docs created from Word etc or in Arobat))
    Advanced Optimisation (lots of toys - not often needed)
    Optimise scanned pages (exactly what it says - where you have scanned pack of docs as PDF image - as these can be huge)
    Preflight (real techie stuff)

There is an excellent 'self teach' book (Adobe Acrobat DC Classroom in a Book) and associated online training pack available from Peachpit, which will take novice users to power users in fairly short order.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,788 Forumite
    Options
    Can someone using Acrobat DC tell me how you certify a document?

Do you superimpose an image, or an electronic signature?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • kingstreet
    Options
    Manically busy and get a 90% shared ownership purchase enquiry from an introducer firm that's given us nothing for months.

Broker fee £225 (net) and procuration fee £103 (net) means the business isn't even approaching profitable for us.

Sadly, we'll do exactly the same fantastic job and offer exactly the same fantastic service as we do for all our clients. We'll have the inevitable requirements from Leeds BS and the solicitor will demand we provide them with certified ID/PoA and deposit.

Thank God for (cheap) alcohol. Heineken 12 x 330ml Tesco £8.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • amnblog
    Options
    kingstreet wrote: »
    Can someone using Acrobat DC tell me how you certify a document?

Do you superimpose an image, or an electronic signature?

I don't know the version you use but I upload an image using custom stamps in Acrobat X.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

• kingstreet
    Options
    For over three years we've been submitted PIFs & Reservations to the HTB Agents, dealing with any issues between them, the developer and the purchaser. We were "rewarded" with a copy of the ATP for our trouble, often picking up errors early in the process.

In their infinite wisdom, the HTB Agents have now decided (for DPA reasons) that we will no longer be sent a copy of the ATP.

We submit the PIFs for God's sake. How much more involved and therefore party to the client's data can we be?

Stupid move.
  • Ftba.d
    Ftba.d Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 August 2016 at 1:08PM
    Options
    Hi Brokers,

Just from reading this thread it seems Halifax are quite straightforward with their application process whereas Nationwide require lots of docs and paperwork. How does the TSB fair ?

Thanks in advance
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure