The Broker Blues Thread

Options

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We had to resubmit a case for an absent colleague today due to a change of property.

1. The Lender has no mechanism to change the existing case on the system.
    2. The existing case could not be cloned to a new case.

The best we could get was a print out of the application form of the existing case.

Fine, I thought, as we can go through the copy of the existing case to enter the detail in a new case. Save us wading through the client file.

We then find that not a single entry on the print out appears in the same order online. It took a hour to get everything in and progress again.

When are Lenders going to actually consider ease of use when they build these systems?

...and the client's wonder why we charge a rework fee.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    They arent really competing if you dont want the business, though i appreciate the frustration when you can see their attempts to generate leads.

Please credit non- mortgage brokers with the intelligence to realise when someone is just here in the hope of gathering leads. The "what you need to do is see a broker and I happen to be one." posts are very obvious.

I would be sad to see you go.

I remember other posters over the yeears who were helpful and not seeking business. andrewSmith and StanmoreSaver come to mind.

I knew both those brokers personally, they were top blokes and knew their stuff. Andrew mentored me in my early days, I don't know where he is or what he is doing now. I know Stanmoresaver is still trading but I don't think he helps on here as him and another broker he was friends with were played off against each other big time by a client and he vowed never to help here again, which is a shame.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,788 Forumite
    Options
    amnblog wrote: »
    We had to resubmit a case for an absent colleague today due to a change of property.

1. The Lender has no mechanism to change the existing case on the system.
    2. The existing case could not be cloned to a new case.

The best we could get was a print out of the application form of the existing case.

Fine, I thought, as we can go through the copy of the existing case to enter the detail in a new case. Save us wading through the client file.

We then find that not a single entry on the print out appears in the same order online. It took a hour to get everything in and progress again.

When are Lenders going to actually consider ease of use when they build these systems?

...and the client's wonder why we charge a rework fee.
    That is annoying.

It's the little things like this that make Halifax so... likeable.

Simple change of property online and a refund of the original valuation fee under Valuation Promise.

Then there's Nationwide (and others) who demand a whole new application.

It's the same with expiring offers. Halifax, piece of p*** while Nationwide require a whole new application after six months + two weeks.

Painful.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • amnblog
    Options
    I'd like to meet the salesperson who sold HBoS Intralinks. A natural born genius.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not done a case with HBOS yet - I take it they are the dogs danglies?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Senior_Paper_Monitor
    Options
    We'll await your review once you have !!!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • kingstreet
    Options
    amnblog wrote: »
    I'd like to meet the salesperson who sold HBoS Intralinks. A natural born genius.
    You know, I've never had a problem with Intralinks.

I don't particularly like it, but a single system for BMS, Halifax and Halifax Premier is quite useful.

Using it regularly helps.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • kingstreet
    Options
    Not done a case with HBOS yet - I take it they are the dogs danglies?
    We have a great BDM, the system is easy to use, as mentioned things like offer extensions and change of property is incredibly easy.

Product transfers are straightforward and we get paid the full fee.

They will look at stuff many lenders won't, Halifax is our favourite for contractors, CIS, one year self-employed (if pass score), non-UK/EU, short residence in UK (returning expat) and they are usually quick and efficient.
  • amnblog
    Options
    kingstreet wrote: »
    You know, I've never had a problem with Intralinks.

I don't particularly like it, but a single system for BMS, Halifax and Halifax Premier is quite useful.

Using it regularly helps.

It's a classic example of another Horlicks of an IT system in our world that is rubbish but we get used to it and suck it up.

My ultimate example is when CBS spent 10 years with the 'Next' button on the left and the 'Previous' button on the right.

Precise and Metro probably have the system with the easiest upload arrangement. Then you get the weird situation where they are clearly using the same off the shelf system, but the Metro version shows you the title of the documents you have uploaded, and the Precise one doesn't.

Hats off to Barclays and CBS by allowing us to certify by ticking a box.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

• kingstreet
    Options
    Now, Barclays.

I've never been able to use scan and attach.

My pdf producing software Scan2PDF Pro doesn't produce pdfs Barclays will accept. I've been given all kinds of workarounds and none work, so I'm stuck with secure email, until such times as they turn that off, then I'm donald ducked.

The others you've mentioned all work okay, but I wish Nationwide would raise the daft 2 meg doc size limit, as often even at 150 dpi 27 pages of bank statements can't be squeezed into a file small enough. FWIW I have managed to get it to accept upto 2.7 megs if you need that!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback