Iii

Options

Comments

• sorcerer
    sorcerer Posts: 878 Forumite
    Options
    alexjj wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide between iWeb and iii (for index funds) and basically it comes down to fees for me...

iii, I pay £20 a quarter which then goes towards trades - £10 each. If I setup regular investing then each trade should be £1.50, so does that mean I get 13.3 trades per quarter from my £20 fee?

Knowing what I know now, I would have never touched II if I have known what they are like, but now I'm stuck with them, until I can get the transfer out sorted.
  • sorcerer
    Options
    I Finally got my £120 incentive, it only took 20 secure messages, 3 phone calls, 2 official complaints and a formal complaint with the FOS, and nine months. YAY!
  • DiamondLil
    Options
    In fairness, my husband received his cash incentives as and when the funds transferred. (All investment trust holdings).
    Mine were credited on 4th. October; but, my transfers have taken almost seven months and still not completed. (All OEICs).
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    :D...i still blame you for leading me into iii though, le loup.
    ..... and you don't think I have sleepless nights about that? :p
  • alexjj
    Options
    le_loup wrote: »
    Read all of this thread and the others before you decide.
    If, after that, you go with III, you are probable in need of some psychiatric counselling.
    sorcerer wrote: »
    Knowing what I know now, I would have never touched II if I have known what they are like, but now I'm stuck with them, until I can get the transfer out sorted.

I admit I've not read all 36 pages but the more I do the more I understand your points.
  • Nixter
    Nixter Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    I admit I've not read all 36 pages but the more I do the more I understand your points.

alexjj: You should be thankful for reading this thread before committing with your transfer. Iii are an incompetent firm and they will make your life miserable as soon as something goes wrong. Avoid with barge pole!
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    Sparky47 wrote: »
    Last time in July there was a file under Admin and Documents that gave a breakdown of the rebates. However so far I have not had one this quarter.

The file last time showed that the July payment was actually for Mar/Apr/May.

Fund rebate statement now available, showing rebates for June/July/August.
  • Nocto
    Nocto Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options

Honestly, well done for finding this thread and asking a question. You’re already doing more research to find a good broker than I did..!

I’ve learnt the very valuable lesson that I need to put just as much time and effort into choosing my broker as I do my investments, and that the cheapest deal isn’t always the best. :o
  • sorcerer
    Options
    Nocto wrote: »
    Honestly, well done for finding this thread and asking a question. You’re already doing more research to find a good broker than I did..!

I’ve learnt the very valuable lesson that I need to put just as much time and effort into choosing my broker as I do my investments, and that the cheapest deal isn’t always the best. :o

Agreed I won't make the same mistake twice, I made the assumption I would get paid my dividends on time, just like my previous broker, but I was very wrong.
  • juliamarsh
    juliamarsh Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 October 2014 at 5:12PM
    Options
    Linton wrote: »
    My experience with iii over the past 5 years with a large income portfolio (30 dividend paying shares and funds) is that you dont. The money gets paid into my iii account a few days after the official date and automatically gets transferred to my bank current shortly afterwards without any upset, hassle or chasing. With a steady income flow what difference does a day or two matter anyway?

I have found their service both cheap and efficient.

When I read this all I could do was laugh....derangedly!! :rotfl: Seriously, words fail me.....can we be sure this is not an Interactive Investor spy?! I have just waited on hold for half an hour and spoken to the most offhand employee yet...how presumptuous of a customer to take up his valuable time enquiring about a dividend that was due in July and requesting that the commission credit that they were awarded in compensation be reinstated on their account!! Which incidentally he didn't do, despite the fact that Julie Baxter told me all I needed to do was ring up for it to be reinstated. He just said he would message her, and that the dividends team would 'look into' my missing dividend...as usual. I had rung her several times and left a message, but having received no reply I eventually rang the general phone number....big mistake. It turns out she is not in today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure