Iii

Options

Comments

• Nocto
    Nocto Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    Nixter wrote: »
    Wow, that's very impressive! I'm currently in my 4th week from iii to Halifax but have yet to see any progress. :mad:

I transferred from Halifax to Cavendish a couple of years ago. The whole process from posting the forms to completion took about four months. Nothing happened for a little over three months, then it went through very swiftly and correctly in just a couple of weeks. Some funds left my Halifax account and appeared at Cavendish the next day, a couple were only not showing with either broker for about a week. Other than the initial wait, it was painless. No dividends were delayed, despite some funds moving on their ex-div day.

Of course I called both brokers a few times while waiting for the transfer to begin, and I gather that the initial delay was at Halifax’s end. Put simply, they didn’t start anything until they were ready to handle it correctly. I just had to wait until my paperwork reached the top of the pile.

I think II could learn a few lessons from this approach.
  • sorcerer
    sorcerer Posts: 878 Forumite
    Options
    JenniferK wrote: »
    I'm currently in a state of shock. Two weeks ago I authorised a transfer from II to AJ Bell Youinvest. All my funds are already showing in my account at AJ Bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is my II nightmare coming to an end?

I knew they had a new process and they said it was quicker (but I don't tend believe them much) Out of curiosity how many funds did u transfer over. Because I am thinking of filling in the forms this weekend to do the same thing ie. II to AJ Bell.
  • Sparky47
    Sparky47 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    Just logged in and noticed that one of my two fund dividends due on the 30th Sep was in my account this morning.
    Will have to wait until the other one gets paid to see if things are improving.
  • benalder284
    Options
    Seven months on and still my ISA transfer is not complete. Complained in August but complaint rejected on grounds so flimsy that they almost made me laugh.

As part of the response I was 'give' £100 trading credit in August. Guess what - £20 normal quarterly fee time, I've been given the relevant trading credit but my £100 (which they helpfully said I could use for 66 regular investments (as if at this rate I'll still be with them in 5 years time :rotfl::rotfl:) has completely gone.

Low cost maybe but their systems and customer service are just appalling and I'll now almost certainly be moving somewhere else when (if?) my ISA transfer completes.

My thoughts go out to those having dividend issues. I just want a hold and forget service, but they can't even seem to manage that properly.
  • Imnoexpert_2
    Options
    since my conversation with a high profile II person all my funds have transferred, my fund rebates have come through and my dividends seem to have been paid.

I even got an email to say that my £100 free credit would disappear but if I contacted them it would be reinstated.

my contact says dividends should be sorted after this month, but automatic transfers to clean classes probably won't be.

I hope that in a few months those of us left will look back on this as a 'blip' and that II will have got their act together.
  • juliamarsh
    Options
    As part of the response I was 'give' £100 trading credit in August. Guess what - £20 normal quarterly fee time, I've been given the relevant trading credit but my £100 (which they helpfully said I could use for 66 regular investments (as if at this rate I'll still be with them in 5 years time :rotfl::rotfl:) has completely gone.

Apparently their system automatically wipes it every quarter and there's nothing they can do about it, but if you phone up they will reinstate it.
  • JenniferK
    JenniferK Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sorcerer wrote: »
    Out of curiosity how many funds did u transfer over. Because I am thinking of filling in the forms this weekend to do the same thing ie. II to AJ Bell.

15 in total
  • Sillychuckie
    Sillychuckie Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    juliamarsh wrote: »
    Apparently their system automatically wipes it every quarter and there's nothing they can do about it, but if you phone up they will reinstate it.

Same happened with me.
    I'm down £50 of credit, which I was only awarded last week as a result of a complaint.
    Its 1 step forward, 2 steps back with this company.

The guy on the phone said that I'd have to go through this every quarter until I use the credit up. They can't change the way it works (or more accurately... "doesn't work").

SC.
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

well got first quarterly fund rebate on Saturday, they put about half of it in my Isa account and half in my Trading Account,

but, I only have two lots of shares in Trading Account so presume it's another error.

Also the rebate they put in the Trading Account was taxed at 20%, though no tax from rebate in Isa.

HL used to pay Loyalty Bonus with no deduction, is this the norm now?
  • joerugby
    joerugby Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

well got first quarterly fund rebate on Saturday, they put about half of it in my Isa account and half in my Trading Account,

but, I only have two lots of shares in Trading Account so presume it's another error.

Also the rebate they put in the Trading Account was taxed at 20%, though no tax from rebate in Isa.

HL used to pay Loyalty Bonus with no deduction, is this the norm now?

HL deduct tax at 20% from loyalty bonuses in a fund and share account (not in sipp or isa)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure