Tales from the city

Options

Comments

• Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ani*fan wrote: »
    I am coughing my guts up here today, feeling slightly better but the cough is bad.

Anyone know where I can get the cheapest cough medicine?

T*sco do their own brand which is good enough to get relief but branded ones taste nicer IMO. Hope it gets better soon.
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Just dragged myself out to my local T***o and got a brand name cough medicine on special offer, reduced from £4.50 to £3. Thought that'd do.

The sweats and aches are back. Bleh. It's been ages since I had flu but it's feeling like that. Need to get back in bed.

Happy Saturday everyone.
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just posted 3 ads on gumtree, the amp, one guitar and a pir of shoes that hurt my feet and have hardly been worn. I haven't tried to sell on gumtree since I moved to this new city so I'll see how it goes.

The cough is still around and I'm still feeling rough but trying to get my head into work mode for tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just sold a guitar for £20.

I'm well pleased!!!

Still off work, feeling rough but definitely on the mend. Also read online that there is no evidence that cough medicine is any help whatsoever and you're just as likely to get some relief by gargling salty water. Wish I'd known that before I forked out £3 but you live and learn.
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cough meds always 'feel' they are doing you good whereas gargling with salty water..............bleurgh! However I can vouch for it sorting out a sore throat:)

Good news on the guitar!
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Igamogam wrote: »
    Cough meds always 'feel' they are doing you good whereas gargling with salty water..............bleurgh! However I can vouch for it sorting out a sore throat:)

Good news on the guitar!

Yes, I thought that too, salty water in your mouth can make you feel really sick eh? I'll see how I go, may need to get another cough bottle.

And yes, my first sale! I'm all inspired now that I can make some cash selling stuff. Cool.
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well my snowball calculator just gave me a debt free date of April 2017. That's if I can find an extra £100 above minimum payments to throw at the debt. This should be possible when my wage changes in a couple of months.

It's still a bit depressing. Over 3 years away? Good grief! I keep trying to think long term, and reminding myself that if I don't deal with it now then I'll still have those debts 3 years in April, still be forking out for all that interest I'm paying, that 3 years will pass anyway whether I'm paying off debt or not. Plus, if I don't get a grip my debts may well have increased by that time.

Now's the time to get it sorted.

Maybe I can set myself a challenge to try and make an extra £100 a month through selling things, mystery shops, the usual stuff. I'll see.
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My large expenses payment went into the bank today. This means that when the cheque is presented again tomorrow it will clear and all will be well. I'm very glad for this.

Crisis averted for another day.
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out a way to go home and visit my family and friends at Easter. I pondered staying in the city but I really don't want to; I miss everyone and it's important to stay in touch. However money saving I get, I don't want to lose touch with people. I just need to plan it better and make sure I have a proper budget to do it.

Petrol there and back will cost £40. Unless I've managed to get a smaller, cheaper car by then. Need to get looking into that.

My cat can stay at my dad's so no cattery fee. I'll also get fed while I'm there for a few days so that's fine.

One pal will be happy for us to buy a cheap tea from a supermarket and eat it at hers so £5 spend maximum.

Another prefers to eat out so I'll need to budget £10-£15 for that. It will be so worth it though as we can go to my favourite ever cafe.

The last part will be more expensive. If I do public transport it will cost £20 if I'm lucky. Plus it's her mum's birthday so we're going out to eat, £25 required in budget. I can recycle a birthday gift though, easy.

Overall I'm looking at £105. I'm not yet sure where this will come from but I need to get scouring the budget for a way to make this work.
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just paid £20 guitar cash to Cap 1.

Woo hoo!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure