Tales from the city

Options

Comments

• ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 March 2016 at 4:55AM
    Options
    I just realised it's almost been a couple of weeks since I updated on here. I really need to keep posting or I'll just go back to my old ways.

I'm having a spendy month and I need to stop it. I'm travelling out of town a few times a week for work, travel expenses paid, but I seem to have given myself permission to start having coffee from cost* every day and lunch at McD*. This is not good and I have already spent money that was not budgeted on these things. I need to stop. There are ways round this, I can start taking lunch again and a flask for coffee. I don't need to spend a fortune, it's purely for convenience as I'm feeling harrassed most of the time.

Happy debt busting everyone.
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck reining in the spending! I find mine tends to go in waves - I'll go months spending hardly anything and feeling fine and then when I find something I really want to spend money on I suddenly find loads of ways to spend.
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good luck reining in the spending! I find mine tends to go in waves - I'll go months spending hardly anything and feeling fine and then when I find something I really want to spend money on I suddenly find loads of ways to spend.

Similar pattern here !
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Igamogam wrote: »
    Similar pattern here !

Isn't it annoying though?! I was doing so well and now I just seem to have slid backwards for the last couple of weeks, maybe 4 weeks.

Grr. :mad: I can and will stop this.
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ani*fan wrote: »
    Isn't it annoying though?! I was doing so well and now I just seem to have slid backwards for the last couple of weeks, maybe 4 weeks.

Grr. :mad: I can and will stop this.
    Just the normal cycle of things I feel but you recognise it and deal with it before it takes hold.....so all good :D
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Igamogam. You're right, it is the normal course of things, but I just get so frustrated with it all, it takes so long. *sigh* Nothing for it but to keep going. We'll all get there in the end.

Hope your weekend's all good. :)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well I've managed to get back into my usual routine of taking lunch to work and then a flask of coffee when I head out in the afternoons. It feels much better to be back on the wagon. How easily it can all go to pieces.

I haven't added up my debt total so will need to get that done at the weekend and my signature updated. There won't be a massive change, just the usual payments and a £100 overpayment. I'm pondering raiding the wedding fund for £150 to make another overpayment to the debt...but we'll see. Now that the venue is booked and the deposit paid, saving seems less urgent.

I have a very valuable thing that I'm going to try and sell. I just had it mended at the cost of £15 and I'm hoping to get £2k for it. This was and still is such a special thing to me but I'm not able to use it any more and I've been feeling increasingly guilty that it sits around being wasted when it really needs to be used. So, I'm going to try selling it online. Wish me luck.

I still haven't checked out my other ppi claim and really need to get on to that. There could be cash sat somewhere with my name on it!

I have a couple of weeks off coming up and they can't come quick enough. I'm completely exhausted with this term and more than ready for a break.

Hope everyone's doing well. Happy debt busting day. :)
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sounds like you've got your debt busting mojo back ani ;) Good luck selling your item and with the PPI claim.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10814.10/£15000 (72.1% saved). Emergency fund - £1562.44/£2000 (78.1% saved).
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks misstara, I think I'm getting there. :)

I've just updated my signature and realised my debt will be going under £12k this month, once all the payments have gone out. I'm quite pleased about that!

Happy debt busting day everyone. :)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another monthly regular payment went through today. I've updated my signature and wish I had the extra to get it under 12k right now. Just need to be patient though.

Happy debt busting. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport