Tales from the city

Options

Comments

• ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's all the minimum payments to the cards gone out now this month. I've added up my total and there is another £100 or so of debt gone forever. :j :beer: :T

The total now stands at £12,728.30

Signature updated. :)
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    You're nearly a third of the way there.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 January 2016 at 3:09PM
    Options
    I didnt have you down as old enough to 'remember Pam Ayres' :rotfl: We pay into Denpl*n - its a godsend not only because NHS dentists around here are like hens teeth ( ha ha !) but also we have been with the same dentist for years - we have grown up together - getting married, having babies, children in same class at school etc etc. I worries me that he will retire early soon too, not that we have issues with going to the dentist, but he is soooo good.

Good news on the debt front - onward and downwards and all that :) taken out for dinner is always a plus ;) We have a dinner date tonight with friends and all I need to do is turn up with a bottle :j:
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Sorry about the tooth, but at least it can get sorted.

Well done with the debt busting! :)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You're nearly a third of the way there.

Yes I am, funny to realise that when I feel like a newbie. I'm hoping that the first third will be the slowest third to pay off, and that with snowballing and 0% transfers done it will all speed up greatly from here on in.
    Igamogam wrote: »
    I didnt have you down as old enough to 'remember Pam Ayres' :rotfl: We pay into Denpl*n - its a godsend not only because NHS dentists around here are like hens teeth ( ha ha !)

Only just, Igamogam, think my parents were into Pam Ayres, thought she was hysterical, and kept her poems alive for a while in our house! We have loads of NHS dentists up here, unfortunately if you want anything more than a check up or a filling you're better to go private. In my experience. But I can't afford that right now.
    Sorry about the tooth, but at least it can get sorted.

Well done with the debt busting! :)

Thanks hiddenshadow. I'm keeping on going. :D
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    £100 OP made to the target credit card.

Balance on that one stands at £1,140.46

Signature updated.

;)
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fab :T it will soon be gone :D
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Two regular monthly payments have gone through.

Debt now stands at £12,567.41 :j

£60 quid of debt gone for good. :D
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning ani, noticed you've not posted for a couple of weeks. Hope everything is ok :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi misstara

Thanks for dropping by, always lovely to see you. :) Everything's fine thanks, except that I'm having problems with my laptop and can't get on the internet some days. I now have OH's on extended loan until I get mine sorted...hoping it's not expensive.

Another minimum payment has gone out today for £84. I've adjusted my signature accordingly.

Happy debt busting everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure