Tales from the city

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    You do realise, if my sums are right, that you've managed to clear a third of your debt.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You do realise, if my sums are right, that you've managed to clear a third of your debt.

Ooh thanks INOD, I hadn't noticed! but yeah you're right. Cool. ;)

On another exciting note, I think we've found a venue for the wedding. It's a local historical building, spectacular views, a tad unconventional but what the hell, just waiting for one last family member to get back to us about the date. :)
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just wanted to share a small success with you all today.

I've tried so hard to use spreadsheets but never managed to get them figured out. Today, I managed to balance my spreadsheet and realised that I have successfully tracked every single penny spent this month.

This may not seem like much but to me, I've just climbed a mountain, particularly since it has been a rather spendy month and I was wondering where all my cash went. I know where it went cos my spreadsheet spells it all out.

I think I'll do this every month. :D
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Well done!

Tracking my spending has made a huge difference for our finances.
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ani*fan wrote: »
    I just wanted to share a small success with you all today.

I've tried so hard to use spreadsheets but never managed to get them figured out. Today, I managed to balance my spreadsheet and realised that I have successfully tracked every single penny spent this month.

This may not seem like much but to me, I've just climbed a mountain, particularly since it has been a rather spendy month and I was wondering where all my cash went. I know where it went cos my spreadsheet spells it all out.

I think I'll do this every month. :D

I struggle with spreadsheets too Ani - can use them but cant work out how to construct them - OH and DD2 dont have the patience to show me :( I am sure if I had one it would revolutionise my tracking of spends!
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just overpaid the target card with £100, transferred some of the balance over to a 0% card and the minimum payment of £31- something has gone through too.

Current balance on target card £770.40

I will get there. I'm determined. :D
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had to take purrball to the vet yesterday. I was getting worried about his eating and his breath. After £110 worth of blood tests, it turns out he's fine and just needs a couple of teeth taken out, £300 but so worth it. I'm so relieved that he's ok although the new vet kept referring to him as an 'old' cat. Cheeky thing.

Hope everyone is well today.
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Glad to hear kitty's well! Ours is currently miserable in a cone of shame while his skin heals up.
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad to hear kitty's well! Ours is currently miserable in a cone of shame while his skin heals up.

Ah bless, hope your kitty feels better soon. I don't think mine would ever tolerate a cone, fortunately he's never needed one, touch wood. :D

Mother's Day present bought and posted. Good daughter points for me and not too many pennies spent. I'm having to try and reduce other expenses to cover this vet's bill and save towards the next one.

Onwards to another debt busting day. Hope everyone has a good one. :)
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 March 2016 at 9:37PM
    Options
    We had our cats to the V.E.T last month - bronchitis..........I hoped it was '2 paracetamol and rest' but it was more like £200 and keep them indoors for a week :( The big cat had fight with a rogue tom in the hood and that was another £50 :eek: Put a bit of a dent in the finances but some of it saved up in my 'cat' purse so was offset thankfully.

Good news on the debt busting!
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport