🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Finding a job following dismissal for gross misconduct

Options

Comments

• Shazza122
    Options
    Thank you keepcalm....I feel physically sick constantly at the moment with the stress of everything...I just want my life back
  • lindsaygalaxy
    Options
    I used to be a manager and I would appreciate the honesty in an interview, I would gave you a chance if it were me. You sound like you have learnt from your mistake and can now move on. Good luck and stop beating yourself up. Humans make mistakes, no one has died and you know better now.
    £2 Savers club £0/£150
    1p a day £/
  • Shazza122
    Options
    Aww thank you Lindsay!! I hope someone is as kind as you and gives me a break :-)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    and you will have it back soon Shazza, plenty of us feel the same and been there I'm sure x see it as one of them blips for now

What type of jobs you going for, some employers nowadays have some sort of score process in operation for the interviews so it means we will get a fair crack of the whip regardless of how we have come to look for work again, which is why I think you may be worrying over nothing to an extent, just remember you have already got 2 interviews lined up this week - that says a lot?

Everyone hates interviews I bet but when your in the right company I really believe that fades, but you know what in all the time I've spent searching and being on the market, not everyone goes by the book either

Hope my ramblings help, I look forward to seeing how things go for you - get get them!
  • Shazza122
    Options
    Awww Keepcalm you don't know how much your words mean to me!!

I think if I was in any other position I wouldn't worry at all about getting another job....heck I'd do anything if it'd pay the bills!! It's just getting that initial reaction in an interview re why I'm out of work that terrifies me. I'm not a bad person....just did something silly...

I think I just need to be honest upfront about what happened and what I've learnt from it and hope someone is as kind as some folk on here!!!
  • Shazza122
    Options
    I'm from an Admin background Keepcalm so it's office work I'm looking for ideally....but I would clean toilets if I had to!! I'm not proud.....
  • lazer
    lazer Posts: 3,402 Forumite
    Options
    Another suggestion is look for something voluntary and then that could be your last employer reference when you next apply.

What you have to do is get 1 or 2 jobs under your belt, any type of job and then GM becomes irrelevant
    Weight loss challenge, lose 15lb in 6 weeks before Christmas.
  • Shazza122
    Options
    Thanks for the advice Lazer :-)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just express the positives - two promotions in four years plus other achievements. Say your dismissal was a moment of stupidity and you will check and double check procedures and ask if unsure.
  • Shazza122
    Options
    Should I be upfront straight away or wait until they ask me why I left? They are bound to as the job is about half of what I was previously earning...

I'll try Scarlet....just not liking myself very much at the moment and still ashamed of all this happening and putting my families security at risk!!

I'm an idiot!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family