5:2 Diet (part II)

Options

Comments

• adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    Options
    Fasting as planned today. Washed a mountain of dishes this morning after having guests over last night, my sole calorie intake so far today was the coating on two ibuprofen as my hip is playing up :(
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • elfy1807
    elfy1807 Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    After losing 2.5 stone in 14 weeks using WW last April, I've since put half a stone back on and although it's remaining stable (and at 5 foot 4 and 10st7, I'm on the border of normal/overweight), I kinda wanna get back down to my goal weight of 10st, and maybe even lower.

But WW just doesn't seem to be working for me anymore.
    Last time I had a gym membership and was down the 4 times a week as well as 6-7 gym classes a week on top.
    The weight flew off. I lost every week bar one where I stayed the same and the following week I lost double.

However, this time, a gym membership at £40 a month just isn't feasible.
    I've taken up C25k and completed week 3, day 3 this morning... waiting for monday to arrive so I can start week 4.

But it's all very well doing the exercise, but when the food keeps being shovelled into my mouth, nothing's gonna budge.
    So I need something new & different, hence me being here.

I've decided to use today as my first fasting day - which was going really well until I decided to eat something.
    I start work at 415 and thought I'd best eat something before I go. But as soon as I eat something, it makes me hungrier than I was before.

Also, I'm going to do my own take on it.
    I'm not brilliant at counting calories, but I do know WW points. Each point on food (other than most fruit and veg) are worth 40 calories, so I am planning on having 12 WW points on fasting days (around 480 calories) and then any fruit & veg.

It's the normal days that I'm going to have a problem with. I feel that because I'm not tracking, I can sneak a few extra things in my gob :(

Hopefully a thread like this will help keep me accountable.
    Debts (as of 28/10/15)
    Mum: Start £3426.00 Now £2655.00 22.5% Car (on finance): Start 13823.60 Now £8728.59 36.85%
    Current Debt Free Day: 12/1/2019

Goals:
    £2000 emergency fund £800/£2000 40%
    £5000 House Deposit £62.09/£5000 1.24%
    Car Finance Settlement Fee As of 28/10/15 £0.00/£7152.18 0%
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All - I subscribed to the thread last year & after the first 3/4 weeks found I could manage the 5:2 diet quite easily. I did lose about 16lb but I've managed to creep up as I've not being doing it very often since Christmas. We're going on holiday at the end of May so I need to get my arris in gear to wear a bathing suit!
    I've updated my sig & my fast days will be Tuesday & Thursday (my busiest days) I can now manage to fast until about 5/6pm BUT I do have plenty of fluids - so here goes!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • majorica
    majorica Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone, well first week of back on 5:2 and I've lost 1lb, i'm quite happy with that as although I didn't stray on my two fast days I did have a baileys irish cream blowout with my friends on Friday night so thought I might have undone all my good work.
    Monday and Wednesday are my planned days this week but as you all know the best laid plans can go astray which is the beauty of this diet as there is always another day.
    Good luck for the coming week
  • jansus
    jansus Posts: 12,531 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hello i didn't know we had a 5.2 thread on the forum so i'm glad to have found it :T
    I started on the 7th april and was delighted when i stepped on the scales 11 days later to see a 6lb loss although i imagine a good deal of this was water ;) my second weigh in revealed i had lost a further 2lb :)
    I am very determined to keep on the 5.2. I am watching my calorie intake as my daily TDEE is 1,555 and i am averaging around 1,300 a day.
    I find fast days are ok until mid afternoon then it's a struggle until dinner but i find if i start to eat as late as possible it's easier.
    sorry for the long ramble :o good luck to you all :T
    ITV comp winner no 41
  • Angry_Bear
    Angry_Bear Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Evening all, just thought I'd pop in and say that I'm still lurking and still fasting.

My OH has joined me on the path of 5:2 now and has somehow managed to lose almost 2 stone in a couple of months. His weight loss has slowed down over the last couple of weeks and, being a newbie to losing weight, I've had my work cut out trying to persuade him that this is to be expected and 4lb a week isn't sustainable :rotfl:

Anyway, I've reached the point where people have started asking me "when are you going to stop" and "how far have you got to go". I'm having trouble answering that question, as the answer seems to be either "until I'm comfortable" or "What? I'm never stopping" depending on my mood.

Has anyone else had to asnwer this question? How did you deal with it?
    Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?
    ― Sir Terry Pratchett, 1948-2015
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Angry_Bear wrote: »
    Anyway, I've reached the point where people have started asking me "when are you going to stop" and "how far have you got to go". I'm having trouble answering that question, as the answer seems to be either "until I'm comfortable" or "What? I'm never stopping" depending on my mood.

Well, you can't go on losing weight forever! Some people cut back to 6:1 when they get to their ideal weight. It's a shame to lose the benefits of the fasting days altogether so keeping it up one day a week is worthwhile.

If you still lose weight on one fast day, you can balance it by eating a little bit more on the other days.
  • Angry_Bear
    Angry_Bear Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Mojisola wrote: »
    Well, you can't go on losing weight forever! Some people cut back to 6:1 when they get to their ideal weight. It's a shame to lose the benefits of the fasting days altogether so keeping it up one day a week is worthwhile.

If you still lose weight on one fast day, you can balance it by eating a little bit more on the other days.

Yes, sorry that's kind of what I meant.
    I'm happy with my current eating and I find it weird to think of an "end" if you see what I mean. I figure I will reach a weight where my loss levels out, or I'll have to add more food on non-fast days. But I don't (currently) intend to stop 5:2-ing.
    Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?
    ― Sir Terry Pratchett, 1948-2015
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Angry_Bear wrote: »
    Yes, sorry that's kind of what I meant.
    I'm happy with my current eating and I find it weird to think of an "end" if you see what I mean. I figure I will reach a weight where my loss levels out, or I'll have to add more food on non-fast days. But I don't (currently) intend to stop 5:2-ing.

I think that's the difference - other people think you are "on a diet" whereas 5:2 is a sustainable, life-long way of eating.
  • Grumpygit
    Grumpygit Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    I am finally able to log back in to find this thread and have just started this eating plan.

2nd day of fasting for this week.

Haven't got time to read it all now, but I will.

So hi all and I will subscribe to it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport