5:2 Diet (part II)

Options

Comments

• pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another fast day today and I'm feeling fine at almost 2pm (I must admit I do find fasting easier when I haven't drank the day before!) and so will plod on for today and just not think about food until my microwave meal tonight.

Was weigh in today, but think my scales need new batteries as every time I stood on it, it weighed a different weight, only a difference of two lbs, but still, haven't got an accurate figure for this week. Still a lot less than when I started this diet though!
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,639 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am back on the plan again now I am back from holiday - I need to be as I gained 7lb in a week due to it being all inclusive and me being a sucker for a salad bar!
    Today isn't a fast day as I knew I would be too tired (got home at 2am this morning and am working today) but will do tomorrow and Thursday instead. I have a meal out with clients on Wed evening so that is less than ideal. Hey ho!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • madlyn
    madlyn Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    did my 1st fast day yesterday, I wont lie, I found it a struggle but I did it, feel more confident about my next on tomorrow.
    SPC 037
  • pollyanna24
    Options
    Second fast day of the week for me. I do Monday and Thursday. I decided to count my calories on Tuesday and Wednesday, not because I was going to restrict myself, but just to see how much I eat on the non fast days. Tuesday was 2,300 and Wednesday was 2,500, so quite a lot really.

I usually check my weight every day, but I haven't been able to this week as I'm staying at my mums for a few nights, so I'll won't have any clues come next Monday morning when I step on the scales again.

My clothes feel looser though and even if I haven't lost anything this week (which would put me in a new stone bracket), I am determined to carry on.

I've planned all my fast days up until the end of the year (uber organised eh?) and have worked them around a holiday I am going on next month and Christmas as because it's only 2 days a week, I don't see the need to stop fasting.
  • ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Although I have reached my target weight, I still do the 5:2 on two weekdays. The other three weekdays I am pretty careful, but then I can relax at weekends and go out for meals, drink wine etc. This is the easiest diet I've ever done. One benefit is that my cholesterol has also fallen. I also don't seem to put on so much weight on all inclusive holidays, and lose it much quicker when I get back on the diet. All in all, a much recommended way to live.
  • graduate2012
    Options
    So far I have loved the 5 2 diet, I have lost around 40lbs since April but for the last few weeks I have been stuck and not really lost anything. Has anyone else experienced this? Tempted to have a week off but I now actually find non fast days harder than fast days, so will be hard for me to have a week off.
    Has anyone else experienced a plateau and how did you deal with it?

I read some tips for breaking through a plateau, one suggests to do alternate day fasting but I kind of already do this as I mainly do 4:3 rather than 5 2.
  • pollyanna24
    Options
    Can't offer any advice graduate, except to stick at it. I put on weight this weight, not a lot, but doing previous diets, this would have made me give it all up, but this time I'm determined to still keep going with my fast days, one of which is today.

I don't think there is any need or reason to have a week off as you might find it harder to get back into it. I will continue doing this diet for the foreseeable as I find it quite refreshing to spend two days not thinking about food!

Today is going okay so far. Made it to 1.45pm and coping well. Have had a cup of coffee and loads of water all day. Have a microwave meal for tonight with loads of salad and crisps for pudding. Then a low cal hot choc before bed to stave off any hunger pangs.
  • Amanda_Simon
    Options
    I am always doing yoga this for me good health and skin care.
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am planning to start this next week. Could anyone throw any advice to me about my so called "meals" and whether or not I would exceed the 500 cals?

I don't wish to weigh my food or do the my fitness app or anything. Just go by instinct. So I could go wrong big time!

I need to eat the same things on fast days. Just me, but makes it easier.

Breakfast, half a banana and tea. Or low fat yogurt and tea

Lunch, homemade veg soup made on water, broccolli, cauliflower, peas, spinach peppers, blended.

Afternoon snack the other half of the banana, which is now a bit black but whatever!

Dinner, two eggs and broccolli. Or a small piece of steamed white fish and broccolli

Plenty of water, and that's it.

As it is just two days a week, I am the type that would be happy to have the same thing on the two days.

Thank you so much.
  • ibizafan_2
    Options
    I'm another one that eats more or less the same on fast days. I have a mug of tea with skimmed milk for breakfast. Lunch is a boiled egg with one slice of wholemeal toast with a scraping of Lurpak spreadable and sliced cucumber and tomato. Dinner is either a small skinless chicken breast or piece of fish and loads of veg. Also half a pot of fat free natural yogurt. I might have a coffee with 1% milk as well at some point in the day. Whether this is 500 calories or not, it certainly works. I find it easy to eat nothing at breakfast, and even go to Zumba on one of my fast days, and work in the evening for 5/6 hours at a physical job.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure