The Trials & Tribulations of Trying to Conceive when its just not happening (12m+)

Options

Comments

• frozenpenguin
    Options
    Yay pickle! I'll try and do some kind of one-legged hopping egg dance as well as lots of :dance: xx
  • live'n'learn
    Options
    Question for any of the ladies who have gone through IVF?

If after my wife does the pregnancy test it shows up negative what actually happens next?

This might seem like a silly question but as we have 1 other healthy frozen embryo do we get that chance to have it implanted as part of this treatment or does things start again? I mean surely if we had to pay for another cycle of IVF we would not have to start from the beginning as we already have a healthy embryo?

I have not given up on this working presently just looking at our options if it does not happen.

Also if my wife does not get pregnant with the 1 embryo already placed should or could we not have asked for both good embryos to have been placed?

Sorry for all the questions ladies

L
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Has the embryo been frozen? The quality needed for freezing is different from that for transfer.

Sorry, just read it again and it has been frozen. You'll have the choice of either another fresh cycle or a FET. Frozen is cheaper!
  • time2deal
    time2deal Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Options
    Delurking to say my one funded NHS cycle included a second embryo transfer if there was a frozen embryo available. If its not included then a FET is much cheaper and less drugs too.

Good luck picklekin and everyone else. Miss you all!

Relurks.
  • live'n'learn
    Options
    I am hoping if it comes down to it we can get the frozen embryo as part of this but if not how much does the FET cost?

L
  • picklekin
    Options
    Ladies, I'm in a flap! I woke up in the night really worried.. My EC is due for Tuesday now, but then I'm worried when ET will be... the clinic is shut Saturday and Sunday and those would be days 4 and 5, the crucial days!! Has anyone had this with their clinic? Do they open special for ET?

Live, I think a FET costs about 2k where I am.
  • frozenpenguin
    frozenpenguin Posts: 427 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2014 at 8:21AM
    Options
    Pickle - my clinic is technically shut at weekends as well but all that means is there's no receptionists or scheduled normal appointments. The clinical staff still work there and all the procedures happen as normal so hopefully yours is the same. I can't imagine they would've scheduled you in for EC on Tues if they couldn't do the ET at the weekend. Hugs though - I know how worrying it all seems! xx

Livenlearn - our FET was £1300 which included everything, all the drugs as well (it was a medicated FET). If I'd had a natural FET (where they just pop it back in at the right time in your normal cycle) it would've been £800
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Pickle, I've had ET at weekends and bank holidays. It's great, so much easier to park!
  • picklekin
    Options
    Thank you ladies for the reassurance :) my OH has been getting annoyed with me saying "they must know what they are doing" over and over, want to clobber him!
  • good_vibes
    Options
    Hi all,
    AF has arrived, so start injections tomorrow. Feel more positive this time round and will make sure I will rest more.
    Will be on merional 450mg
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure