The Trials & Tribulations of Trying to Conceive when its just not happening (12m+)

Options

Comments

• Smookle
    Options
    Hi all, can I return again and rejoin? It's been a long year...the last time I was here I was waiting to start IVF. Since then I've failed/abandoned one lot and am waiting to start the next. Had one round back in May/June but only produced 2 follicles so the clinic called it off and its taken me a while to get my head back into a good enough place to consider trying again. I'm just waiting for good ol' Aunt Flo to come along now so I can start back with the appointments and the northisterone. O how I can't wait for that northisterone! *wry smile* Typically I'm due while away on a nice relaxing holiday...I swear it does this to me on purpose!
  • good_vibes
    Options
    welcome back Smookle, glad your in a better place to start again.
  • frozenpenguin
    Options
    Thanks all you lovely ladies for all your best wishes over the weekend - they let me out on Sunday afternoon (which was good as I didn't miss Sunday lunch!) and now I've been signed off work for 8 weeks with strict instructions to put absolutely no weight on my ankle for at least 6 weeks.

The one downside to it all is that the chief orthopaedic consultant told me in no uncertain terms that he doesn't even want me to think about getting pregnant for at least 6 months - the potential baby weight could wreck my ankle unfortunately :(

Oh well, if another 6 months is what it takes, I suppose that's not much in the grand scheme of things, it's been almost 3 years already so another 6 months isn't going to hurt :o

I'm fully expecting all of you to get pregnant for me in the meantime! Then I can live vicariously through you lot :D

pickle - hope the stimming's going okay xx

fairy and gts - hugs for you two, the second half of the 2WW is awful (although, the first half is pretty carpy as well) xx

hello live n learn :hello: sorry you find yourself here but as you've already seen, all the ladies here are incredibly helpful and feel free to ask anything you like xx

Tam - I've bookmarked the cake recipe to try at some point!

Loving the song code and the t-rexes as well :)

lauraw - how did your appointment today go?

Smookle - lovely to see you again (although, of course we'd all prefer it if you had a lovely happy reason not to rejoin ;))

Apologies for the essay! and apologies to anyone I've missed. Hugs to you all xxx
  • frozenpenguin
    frozenpenguin Posts: 427 Forumite
    edited 26 September 2014 at 11:53AM
    Options
    IVF/ICSI/IUI/FET cycles currently ongoing
    • Fairy dust: Endo scratch 9/7. IVF LP. DR (Buserelin) 28/8. Stims (Gonal F 300iu). EC 12/9, 4 eggs collected, 2 fertilised. 2x3d ET 15/9 fingersx.gif
    • Gettingthereslowly: Medicated FET. Oestrogen (Progynova). Scan 12/9. 2 x ET 17/9 fingersx.gif
    • Picklekin: Endo scratch 27/8. IVF LP. DR (Buserelin) 27/8. Stims 17/9. EC 30/9 or 1/10 (tbc)
    • Goodvibes: IVF SP. Norethisterone 19/9. Endo scratch 23/9. Stims w/c 29/9 (tbc)
    Smookle: waiting for AF then can start norethisterone
    Isla_red: Further treatment Jan 2015

Ovulation induction
    jazz25: Clomid. Appointment in November to discuss ovarian drilling.
    Littleme82: Clomid. HSG looks fine, FS appointment 04/03/14, extended for 3 months.
    MrsDavo: Clomid (150mg) and Metformin (1500mg) to try and induce ovulation, Next appt 7/8/14.

Awaiting FS/other appointment or making alternative plans
    becks92: Planning to lose 5kg and then get IVF referral
    cwtw: IVF appointment October
    claretsgirl: Trying naturally
    Clevernamehere: On IVF list
    emmaj30: Fertlity appointment 18/9
    Floaty: Appointment and scan 5/11
    frozenpenguin: Waiting for a fractured ankle to heal then restarting a medicated FET (probably spring 2015)
    Gelly123: Trying naturally
    lisawood78: Waiting for counselling appointments. Cycle and transfer planned for Oct
    lauraw82: HSG and AMH test to follow. Follow up appointment in about 6 weeks.
    mrsvicx: Trying naturally
    pinkteapot: Follow up appointment at some point
    Primmer: Adoption report in progress, panel in October
    ricegirl145: Appointment in Sept
    Ruth26: Waiting for a scan then referral to FS. Chasing up DH's SA.
    Scottie dog: Appointment with FS in the next 2-6 weeks
    shrimpy_80: Appointment 18/9
    TamVilla80: Lap & Dye and Hysteroscopy 18/8
    ThinkPink: Waiting for blood and SA tests
    vesper: Lap and dye to be arranged then possibly Clomid, chasing hospital for appointments
    Wonder_Woman: Investigating drugs for DH

Team Wonderbra (lovely and supportive aunties)
    codemonkey
    tea lover

Recent graduates

• Danielley: LP. DR (Buserelin injections) 4/6. Stims (Merionel) 29/6. EC 9/7, 16 eggs collected, 11 fertilised. 1x5d ET 14/7. bfp.gif 21/07/14
    • Carrot34: Natural bfp.gif 19/07/14
    • Jammy26: Started Clomid (50mg) Jan 14. Diagnosed Fibroids. bfp.gif 19/06/14
    • loveactually: LP. DR (Buserelin) 14/2. Stims 10/03. EC 26/3, 8 eggs collected, 2 fertilised. 1x5d ET 31/3. bfp.gif 11/04/14
    • Star02: ICSI SP. Stims 5/3. EC 17/3, 17 eggs collected, 14 fertilised. 1x5d ET 22/3. bfp.gif 31/03/14
    • Angeltreats: Natural bfp.gif 28/03/14
    • Tinkwings: Monitored cycle. bfp.gif 23/03/14
    • Chickpea: Natural bfp.gif 21/03/14
    • Sewit: IVF LP. DR 13/1 Prostap. AMH4, Gonal F 375. Endo Scratch 3/1 (CD12). EC 10/02. 17 eggs, 8 embies. ET 13/2. 2x3dET 13/2. bfp.gif 26/02/14
    • Whattodonow: IVF LP. DR 15/12. Stims 4/1. EC 17/1. 19 eggs collected, 16 fertilised. 1x5dET 22/1. 225iu Merional bfp.gif 02/02/14
    • Peonie: IVF SP. Stim 1/1. EC 15/1. 13 eggs collected. 8 fertilized. 1x5dET 20/01. bfp.gif31/01/14
    • teaandcakeordeath: Natural bfp.giffrom 'just relaxing'! 26/01/14
  • lauraw82
    Options
    Just got back from our consultant appt (thanks for remembering me FP), treated ourselves to a nice curry on the way home, yum!

Am booked to have an hsg when my next AF arrives, and have to get an AMH(?) blood test done too. Will have a follow up appt in about 6 weeks which isn't too bad I don't think. Have been told its likely to be 4 months of clomid if the hsg is clear, better tell my boss soon if I'm gonna need time off for scans, as trying to get annual leave is like getting blood from a stone :mad:

So pretty happy with this, my friend has always said she expects good news from me around Christmas, who knows, she could be right, but she never said which Christmas!!

Hugs to everyone xx
  • picklekin
    Options
    Thanks for the lists as usual FP :)

Glad you got somewhere with your FS laura, that's half the battle! AMH tests your ovarian supply, basically how many eggies you've got left before menopause. the higher your AMH the better you are thought to respond to fertility treatment like IVF. (Mine is below average, typical!)
  • claretsgirl
    Options
    Good afternoon.
    Hope everyone is ok. Fingers tightly crossed for you live'n'learn.
    I hope you're feeling much better good vibes.
    Welcome back smookle.
    Frozen, sorry for the delay to your plans. I hope your ankle gets the rest it requires.
    I'm glad you got somewhere laura. Here's hoping for Christmas (or sooner) news. :-)
    Love to all. X
  • TamVilla80
    Options
    Evening all :)

Hope everyone is ok today. Glad you had a good appointment Laura. I was terrified before our first appointment but the relief when you get someone who knows what they are doing, and wants to help you, is great (also helps that our FS is quite dishy, haha)

Had two days trapped in the house making tea for the builders and watching the dust levels get higher. Did get some admin done though and now have an appointment for acupuncture on Saturday. It's the first time I've been excited about being poked with needles!
  • picklekin
    Options
    Scan went great, had lots of bulging little follicles (more than the 12 they thought), EC will be Tuesday or Wednesday. :)
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    *limbers up for egg dance*
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills