where to find BORAX

Comments

• ethansmum
    ethansmum Forumite Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Thank you for linking the threads (naughty me for not doing a search first).

I've just been reading the previous posts, and its been sooo useful. I'm going to buy extra and make my own washing powder :):)
    July Win: Nokia 5800
  • taurusgb
    taurusgb Forumite Posts: 909
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    After following a link from another thread (sorry but I can't remember which one :o) I've just taken delivery of 5 boxes from the carbolic soap company and as I know a fair few people are having difficulty sourcing this now that Boots is no longer selling items for home cleaning (or so I was told by an assistant last week) I thought a link might help someone who is struggling to buy borax locally:-

http://www.carbolicsoap.com

This is a wonderful site - sell loads of useful stuff......Borax, Reckitt's Blue, Lifebuoy Vinolia, Washboards, Dolly Pegs to mention a few items and delivery/customer service is excellent.

Hope this helps someone
    People Say that life's the thing - but I prefer reading ;)
    The difference between a misfortune and a calamity is this: If Gladstone fell jnto the Thames it would be a misfortune. But if someone dragged him out again, that would be a calamity - Benjamin Disreali
  • katholicos
    katholicos Forumite Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Bicarbonate Of Soda 500g - £1.99 Now that is good! Thanks for the link, i'm gonna bookmark it right away!
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • justpeyton4now
    justpeyton4now Forumite Posts: 779 Forumite
    Thanks much for posting this link! Great site. :)
    Take the first step.
    Even if you cannot see the whole staircase,
    Just take the first step.
    ~MLK, Jr~
  • LJM
    LJM Forumite Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    thanks for the link i will have to look in my boots im sure they still had it on the shelf when i went in just before xmas
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • Auntie_Noo
    Auntie_Noo Forumite Posts: 23 Forumite
    There is also Summernaturals.co.uk These and carbolicsoap are my fave 2 online shops! Sad or what!!!
  • hipomad
    hipomad Forumite Posts: 50
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i got borax in tesco's 400g about £1- it's in the eco section
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Forumite Posts: 17,288
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I'll add this to the exisitng thread on sourcing borax ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • helzbelz_57
    helzbelz_57 Forumite Posts: 315 Forumite
    do my grocery shopping in asda and i must be blind but for the life of me i can never find an borax. do they sell it or am i just looking in the wrong place?
    "it's better than a poke in the eye with a pointy stick" - my dad, regularly throughout my childhood when I complained about something being too small/not perfect/not tasty/not what I wanted. he was right every time. :D
  • princesstippytoes
    princesstippytoes Forumite Posts: 451 Forumite
    I get it in Tesco or boots if that's any help.
    Life is too short to waste a minute of it complaining about bad luck. Find joy in the simple things, show your love for those around you and be grateful for all that you have. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 340.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 448.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 232K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 603.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.7K Life & Family
  • 245.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure