Co-op £100 switch incentive is back

Options

Comments

• ccdorset
    ccdorset Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just applied for the Co-op account online. However where it asked for my existing main bank account details, I put the details of the account I wanted to switch. This isn't my main account and I've only had it open for 1 month (to get the M&S switcher offer).

Am a bit concerned they may see straight through what I am doing!
  • ruudy
    ruudy Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just been accepted for a Co-op account also. Went through quidco as i'm not a fan of TCB. (Been burned a few times).

Didn't realise it was switch by phone or branch.. Not that it's a problem.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i have had fewer problems with QC than TCB too.. but it is TCB that i am waiting for my £40.40 from for my Co-op Bank account.. i think it must have been a better deal at that point, a few weeks ago.

i have found Co-op Bank to really struggle to make these joining payments in the past.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,861 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Received my £100 incentive, 33 days after switch and didnt have to ask:)
  • ccdorset
    Options
    Been accepted today too :D

Do you have to wait for all the paperwork to come through before calling them to start the switch? I'm guessing something will need to be signed and returned before the account can actually be opened?
  • ruudy
    ruudy Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ccdorset wrote: »
    Been accepted today too :D

Do you have to wait for all the paperwork to come through before calling them to start the switch? I'm guessing something will need to be signed and returned before the account can actually be opened?

Good question. My email says that I have been accepted subject to a few formalities. However, it then goes on to give me a phone number to arrange a switch, so I'm not too sure.
  • ccdorset
    Options
    ruudy wrote: »
    Good question. My email says that I have been accepted subject to a few formalities. However, it then goes on to give me a phone number to arrange a switch, so I'm not too sure.

I've just phoned the Co-Op and they said wait for the paperwork and the account to be opened, then phone them to start the switch. :-)
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Received my £100 incentive, 33 days after switch and didnt have to ask:)

good news YP. have you had an incentive from Co-op Bank before? and did you apply via TCB too?
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,861 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    good news YP. have you had an incentive from Co-op Bank before? and did you apply via TCB too?

My first incentive from Co-op Bank. I'm going to keep the account as I'm happy with their online banking and App works very well plus their customer support are very friendly:)

I did apply via TCB which is my first time using it, tracked in 30 minutes. Can you estimate when TCB should credit me with my £42, Switch was 1st May? I was thinking about three months from what I've read so end of July?
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I finally got my £100 after making a phone call, two days late. She didn't offer any extra but said she'd ring back to confirm, so I was ready to up the ante then. But she didn't ring back, clever girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure