Cheap and reliable online pet supplies

Options

Comments

• AbbieCadabra
    Options
    just placed an order with ChemistDirect, a bit unexpected but they worked out cheapest.

Wellbeloved Cat Senior 5kg (largest size avail) - £18.69 each with £2.95 delivery.

VetUK has increased to £22.25 each for the same size/type.

delivered today. great service. :T
  • clutterydrawer
    Options
    for small animals:

www.thehayexperts.com

best customer service i have ever had, from any company, in my ENTIRE LIFE. sometimes i order stuff i dont strictly need, just for the pleasant experience of dealing with them.
    August grocery challenge: £50
    Spent so far: £37.40 :A
  • amszephyr
    Options
    I placed an order with UK Pet Supplies last week for a cabrio carrier, fountain, cat bed & litter tray. They were the cheapest overall for my combination of items and delivered via ParcelForce. I was very happy with their service and communication.
  • Bromley86
    Bromley86 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Very suspicious of ChemistDirect. The service might be fine, but they appear to be lying about the RRP for Burns. I've never seen Burns anywhere (on- of offline) for more than ~£45 for 15kg, but they're claiming the RRP is £58.

Of course, that allows them to "discount" it to £45, which is only £4 more than if you buy direct from Burns.
  • lisssa
    lisssa Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi

just wanted to say I used best pets pharmacy yesterday (online)to order some Drontal and Frontline for my pup, ( cheapest place I could find) and they arrived this morning !!

I also used berriewood supplies (online) yesterday, to order some arden grange complete food ( £35.68 for 15kg inc delivery) and that also arrived today !!

especially over the christmas period I am well happy with how quick and easy the order /delivery has been !
  • lowis
    lowis Posts: 1,952 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pet Supermarket currently has 50% off premium foods - a bag of Hills Senior is down to £7.99 from around £15! I stocked up yesterday :)
  • RacyRed
    RacyRed Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I used Pawmark Pet Supplies recently for carriers and beds. Their prices were the cheapest I could find for the items I wanted.

There was a problem with the carrier they used for delivery to my area (a reputable nationwide carrier who unfortunately have a very poor reputation in my area) but their customer service was absolutely brilliant. They took over the problem, kept me informed and didn't give up until they had solved it. They really took the hassle out of it for me and it was the sort of problem that other companies too often shrug their shoulders at.

I'll very happily be using them again.
    My first reply was witty and intellectual but I lost it so you got this one instead :D
    Proud to be a chic shopper
    :cool:
  • sam611
    sam611 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    :T Hi All,

How about making your own dog treat? I have saved a fortune with the following ideas:-

Liver treats
    Get some cheap liver eg pigs liver from supermarket or butchers
    Boil in water with garlic in
    Chop when cool to treat sized pieces and freeze in individual bags

Fish or liver treats
    Mix some liquidized liver or fish with couple of eggs and add some flour to make a cake like mix
    Put in greased baking tin so its about 1 inch thick
    Bake for about half an hour on gas mark 5
    Leave to cool and cut into treat sized pieces

You can add garlic and dont forget to use up scraps of meat and veg

Happy moneysaving and baking

Sam
  • Dobiek9
    Options
    Just an update to my previous message the frontline price has actually been reduced on this website

http://www.vetmedicinesupermarket.co.uk

they were pretty cheap before but now a Frontline Cat 3 pack is only £9.38 and a dog 3 pack for 2 - 10kg is £12.50.

No additional postage charges either.
  • HappySad
    HappySad Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Great I have just found this thread!
    “…the ‘insatiability doctrine – we spend money we don’t have, on things we don’t need, to make impressions that don’t last, on people we don’t care about.” Professor Tim Jackson

“The best things in life is not things"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family