Waste Tech - Don't Use

Options

Comments

• trinity1_2
    Options
    Well I'm a member of the FSB they were the first to tell me about these cowboys. They are trying to sort this out and bring it in the open. Ken Stevens is dealing with and I'll let you know what happens, as at the moment I've sent a second letter saying it is a charge I was not ready for.

Yes I've heard his name mentioned a few times searching through forums, I really hope this does get out on the open.
    I did actually receive a letter through the post, got it after I submitted the post on mse. I think they might have managed to cover themselves with the contract though :( - they pointed out in section 4.6 it states:
    'PHS Wastetech reserves the right to charge the customer an Annual Waste Transfer Note to assist with the administration, storage and upkeep of records'

If you do contact them on the phone and they will say that the fixed monthly charges each month dont cover the admin side of things which is why they have to put this charge on. Also if you try and compare their costs to other companies be prepared for them to tell you that 'companies are only starting to become aware of the true costs of maintaing the records and companies like Biffa are losing money because they undercharge.........In a years time you will see them charge the same as us'
    It seems to be a hidden cost more then anything (And an extremely high one!), I may try again despite getting nowhere the first try.
  • robert_harper_2000
    Options
    |Yes, def try again mention your taking advice from the FSB if you want I can post what I have written but obviously I haven't heard back yet so....
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • trinity1_2
    Options
    :mad:
    I think I've mentioned this in an earlier post but really need to know - Has anyone else been charged a 'Termination administration fee' (£15) after terminating their contract? I complained that it was wrong of them to charge this as I cancelled well before 3 months that my contract was due to expire.
    I have just had a letter from them that I do have to pay the charge as it is in term 4.1 of the terms and conditions:

'PHS Wastetech reserves the right to susequently increase the price and change the price structure of any item of service, notice of which will be given to the customer at the earliest reasonable opportunity after such change is affected'.'

Aparantly the termination charge covers all the extra admin involved in the termination of the contract. :mad: They're obessed with blo0dy admin!!!

I guessing my invoice was their classification of "earliest reasonable opportunity". They're going to throw this 4.1 term each time someone complains abut prices and the like, I can see it so badly.
  • robert_harper_2000
    Options
    I would write and dispute the admin, I tried and they ignored it and I couldn't be bothered. But keep hope I have left! There is land ahead lol

Trading Standards has a guy dedicated to Wastech not that he has much to say except they are !!!!
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • trinity1_2
    Options
    Trading Standards has a guy dedicated to Wastech not that he has much to say except they are !!!!

Seriously??? They have a guy dedicated to these cowboys?? I bet he loves his job!

Yes sent another letter, although i know they're just trying to get as much money from me before I leave!

I need to find a new waste company, I tried Team Waste but unfortunatly they only operate down south. So kind of struggling to find the best company within the north west. I might start a new thread for reviews!
  • fc123
    fc123 Posts: 6,573 Forumite
    Options
    I wish I had seen this last year. Too long to post but the battle with PHS over cancelling our contract (after 9 years) and I uncovered all the rip offs aincluding 'rolling contracts'.

Despite giving 6 months notice in time, as I worded it wrong they decreed it null and void, sent me letters from their 'Legal Dept' BUT, in the end I got the contract price reduced from £74 pcm to £19 during the termination period; What a hassle that was...but I didn't give up. Also told them I was forwarding all copies to Trading Standards.
    I will be Freee in July 2008:T, it took 1 year .:mad:
    Yes, they added £15 termination and I am looking at an invoice for around £160 for the waste note....but I am already signed up with Teamwaste (paid bags) ready for July.

Cowboys. But the law says you have to use these firms.

We only have a few bags of paper / teabags each wk.

They are also bombarding us with Direct Debit forms at the moment, saying that will only take payments by DD....but the v. small print says you can post a cheque.

Can you imagine what they would get up to with a DD into your account?
  • trinity1_2
    Options
    fc123 wrote: »
    Can you imagine what they would get up to with a DD into your account?
    yep, exactly the reason why I have refused to provide DD account details. They do accept cheques although the attach a change if you do (I cant remember the percentage).
    fc123 wrote: »
    Yes, they added £15 termination

Have you paid this charge yet?

£74 to £19/m thats a ridiculous price drop, can't believe how much these cowboys are raking in.

Anyway, its great news that you got out!! :j
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For a new waste collection, I am planning to contact SITA who do the local council's waste collections, there are a number of skips in our area with their name and number on them.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • trinity1_2
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    For a new waste collection, I am planning to contact SITA who do the local council's waste collections, there are a number of skips in our area with their name and number on them.

Yes its probably a good idea to consider the company the local council use(seems more trustworthy). I'm not sure who does ours but I've contacted the council, just waiting to hear from them.
  • fc123
    fc123 Posts: 6,573 Forumite
    Options
    trinity1 wrote: »
    yep, exactly the reason why I have refused to provide DD account details. They do accept cheques although the attach a change if you do (I cant remember the percentage).

Have you paid this charge yet?

£74 to £19/m thats a ridiculous price drop, can't believe how much these cowboys are raking in.

Anyway, its great news that you got out!! :j

Yes, paid the charge...felt I had no choice plus it was using up all my prescious energy.

I have paid all my invoices by chq and haven't noticed a charge...yet.
    No doubt that will come:rolleyes: .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport