Waste Tech - Don't Use

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• The_Carpenter
    Options
    davisifa wrote: »
    They are tying me into a 3 year contract and asking for money including the infamous annual fee of £237, even though I have never had a bin from them and NEVER HAD ANY COLLECTIONS OR WASTE SERVICES FROM THEM. I did stupidly sign a contract in June 2010 which was faxed to them, but they kept calling me asking me to send back the original signed contract, which I never did, so I assumed I had not signed an official contract. Within a few days of signing I emailed the sales rep to say that I have discovered I could not get out of my existing waste contract as I had not realised I had to give 3 months notice, and said that I wanted to cancel the request to start the service with them, as I was still in contract with my existing provider, but I asked them to put this on hold because the person that could confirm the information was on holiday. I therefore emailed back to them a few weeks later to say that I was definitely still in contract and could not commence the service with them. The rep suggested that we start the service the following August 2011, if I could give notice to my existing supplier in May 2011. I said I would get back to them in May to confirm this. As I was already experiencing their poor service, including receiving invoices for services never provided, plus the notorious annual waste transfer admin fee, I decided not to change to them, and therefore did not give notice to my current supplier but just continued with them. The saving would have been a few pounds monthly, but with the annual fee added it would have been far more expensive, so I decided not to change. In the interim I have written about 20 letters and emails to them confirming that I do not want their services and besides they have never provided a service to me, so how can they charge for something not provided. They are now saying that I never gave the correct wording to terminate the contract and therefore it is still valid until 2013, and they are going to pass it to their legal department and it will go to court. They said they did not cancel the contract but deferred the start date until the August, but I never did give them the go-ahead. They have never collected the monthly fee by direct debit, and after I complained about the first year's annual fee, so they credited it back to my account, and have never collected any other amounts, but have issued invoices from time to time. They say in order to get out of the contract I would have to pay all the outstanding charges up to June 2013, which I do not intend to do. As far as I am concerned I do not have a contract with them, and have never had one single service from them.

I today received a letter from their legal department offering a settlement figure of £950, which is equivalent to 3 years monthly fees. I do not want to pay anything to them for something that I have received or will never use. Any advice please, as they want a reply within 10 days
    Don't be intimidated by them. If you have a direct debit cancel it. Keep records of absolutely everything. From what you've said they have no right to charge you a penny. They will try to frighten you with threats which are just hot air. I was advised by a solicitor not to take them to the small claims court but to let them issue proceedings. I got so fed up with them that in the end I asked them to just get on with it and take me to court. I knew I had a good case. If they offer you discounts don't accept them, it means you've agreed to their terms. There are various clauses in their terms and conditions that they constantly fall down on which can release you instantly from their contract. They will of course dispute this but you must never give in, it's what they expect you to do. In the end my MP wrote to their chief executive who instantly terminated my account. If your MP has a local surgery go and see him/her and take as much info as possible with you. If there's anything else I can help with on this let me know.
  • IAmAnom
    Options
    i have had enough of this scamming company! they try and get money out of you in every possible form! it all started when they started misssing collections (3 in a row) after many phone calls where colections were promised (which they never did) after many letters (always recorded) quering about all my collection issues as well as the famous "waste transfer note" costing £237.60 which they took from Direct debit (without even telling me) they still charged for the missed collections, after phoning them they issued a credit note, well i had stopped the Direct Debit and only sent them a cheque with the correct amount with a letter informing them to take the money from the credit note. Now they have mis-leading us with a different commencing date on their system and on the service contract with they sent us! If i knew the correct commencing date i would therefore be in my three months advance termination notice but from their lies and tricks it has therefore rolled onto another year, they have been tricking us from the start and it wasnt until today after speaking to one of their reps that i found out that my account "wasnt liable to pay the WTN" i demanded a refund and he said that they wouldnt refund until they recieved payment for "pre-treatment waste" where they get all of these extra charges from i do not know! but what i do know is they are out to scam and steal peoples hard owned money! BEWARE! i would really appreciate some advice from you all informing me of what my next step is and how about taking them to a small claims court! i am fed up with them and the amount of hassel and stress they have caused is unbelivable! i should note that i have informed consumer direct and trading standards.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and sugestions!!!!
  • CarolineBuchan
    Options
    Hi, I'm a barrister and successfully helped a local client battle it out with Waste Tech. As has already been said, a) don't use them and b) if you are apparently in contract with them stand firm because they will go outside the terms and try to intimidate but as we found out they will back down if you're in the right!
  • robert_harper_2000
    Options
    The BBC is going to help let people know about this company. Does anyone have copies of the 'admin fees' for filling their questionnaires or fees for finding out when their contract ends?? ASAP!
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • Suzylisa99
    Options
    Don't sign up to a contract with PHS Waste tech unless you want to:
    Pay more to them than any other waste provider
    Have them increase your payments without notice
    Sudden extra payments that are 200% more than your monthly payment
    Never be able to cancel your contract
    Terrible customer service

See the radio 4 show for the types of mischief they like to get up to:Face the facts broadcast on radio 4 on 9th May 2012 at 12:30pm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure