Waste Tech - Don't Use

Options

Comments

• si-mate
    si-mate Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    I wrote to PHS last week giving more than 3 months notice to cancel their contract which I thought was due for renewal on the 29th November. I've just had a letter back saying that they won't accept my cancellation request because it doesn't adhere to the terms and conditions of our contract.

I've just phoned them to ask why not and it's because I put the wrong date, but she can't tell me the correct date because it will be in the archive. It's funny how whoever in the customer services (!) department wrote the letter know the date but whoever I just spoke to doesn't.

I've just dug out my contract and it's actually the 1st of December, so I was out by 2 days. So I guess I will have to amend my letter and resend it. I might just copy in Trading Standards.

Anyway, I've just googled Wastech and stumbled across these very interesting 7 pages!
  • simon_swift
    Options
    Guys do not deal with this Company, they are worst than Loan Sharks, They charged me £80-00 extra for services, I complained and they offered me 10% off LOL.
    This guys are bad bad news, beware of these guys and dont listen to their staff, make sure you get everything in writing off them as they are great going back on their word.
  • Suziedoggirl
    Options
    I feel it is important to reply to this forum message about WasteTech as they have just invoiced us for a charge that is nearly trebled to the quoted price and on calling them they simply added that we should have read the contract properly and stated the small print!!! This Company should be BANNED from dealing with the public, we are trying to cancel Direct Debit with immediate effect and then seek advice or take the BIG HIt on cancelling contract prior to end date agreement. Then we shall inform Trading Standards and thankfully MSE website gives us a chance to inform as many people to stay clear of this Cowboy money rip-off company that is WasteTech. Maybe, just maybe everyone will then follow suit and the company will change its ways.
    In January this year my monthly charge jumped by 130% overnight!
    No explanation as to why. I've stopped my direct debit but the invoices keep mounting. Administration charges are now greater than their waste removal charges. They say they will notify customers re price increases but never do. They say that the invoice is notification. Keep away from this company, once they get their claws in you you'll find it very hard to get away. Most other companies are at least 50% cheaper and much easier to deal with.
    Oh, and don't waste your time trying to phone them, you'll be lucky to get to speak to anyone.
  • s22jcd
    Options
    Hi All,

Lots of interesting comments, great for everyone to post.

We have also been with PHS for about 6 months now.

We have had a few problems with getting charged an extra land fill tax which we was not informed about when discussing prices with them. None of the emails stated a landfill tax. We asked about extra fees and was told what the price per lift was, no extra fees.

We have also been charged an extra fee twice for an extra bin bag that was on our skip and not in it.

We are in two minds on what to do next...

We have never signed a paper contract after several contacts being sent to us.
    As we have never signed a contact are we ok to give them three months notice in writing and then cancel the direct debit after the 3 months notice?

All feedback would be much appreciated.
  • manfromthefed
    Options
    I have just received the result of a judgement against PHS in favour of an FSB Kent member. The judge said that any member could give notice of cancellation of contract after the end of the first year ( thus refuting this rolling contract PHS threaten us with ) at any time and if they gave notice within the first year the company could ONLY claim loss of PROFIT, not billing amount in compensation in that case. Well done Kent member!!
  • manfromthefed
    Options
    PHS have had such a bloody nose in the Brighton area that they are starting to trade under different names. Be VERY careful who you sign up with, and make sure anything in the contract terms & conditions that are being imposed and can materially change the charges and services offered, are on the page that you sign, because the most recent contract I have seen they are on the back and in TINY print and unreadable. This is NOT allowed. FSB Brighton & Hove Branch have had 40+ members join as a direct result of our stand against this vexatious company! Businesses NEED our support, it is very worrying to be savaged by these huge companies.
  • manfromthefed
    Options
    si-mate wrote: »
    I wrote to PHS last week giving more than 3 months notice to cancel their contract which I thought was due for renewal on the 29th November. I've just had a letter back saying that they won't accept my cancellation request because it doesn't adhere to the terms and conditions of our contract.

I've just phoned them to ask why not and it's because I put the wrong date, but she can't tell me the correct date because it will be in the archive. It's funny how whoever in the customer services (!) department wrote the letter know the date but whoever I just spoke to doesn't.

I've just dug out my contract and it's actually the 1st of December, so I was out by 2 days. So I guess I will have to amend my letter and resend it. I might just copy in Trading Standards.

Anyway, I've just googled Wastech and stumbled across these very interesting 7 pages!
    You can escape after a year when you like!!!
  • veh58
    Options
    We are a not for profit community sessional daycare and struggle to keep going. We needed a waste company and these were the cheapest when we started in march 2010 at £26.50 18 months later we are paying 106.64 each month, yearly £192 and now an additional fee of around £64. We have questioned the charges and not had any explaination. We have given 3 months notice but have now been told we have to wait till 2013 as we signed a 36 months contract. This is crippling us but we dont have any funds to argue.
    Does anyone know if the same rule applies with regards cancelling after 12 months.

If we can not get rid of this debt we will go under, they were not interested in that either, only that we would be still liabile.

Thanks for all the information list
    Veh
  • bernie_o
    Options
    Hi All,
    We like so many others have been fleeced by PHS and are at the stage of refusing to pay them any more money as we have stopped using the bin.
    We have given up with there so called customer services and are now waiting for them to trot out the usual threats and charges.
    On the FSB forum a few people have tried getting in touch with Watchdog who wont get involved because we are businesses and also Trading Standards who also don't seem interested.Someone who might be able to help is the BBC's Rip Off Britain, if enough people on these forums e-mail there PHS horror stories to them hopefully they will investigate and expose this companies disgraceful actions.
    ripoffbritain@bbc.co.uk
  • Suziedoggirl
    Options
    bernie_o wrote: »
    Hi All,
    We like so many others have been fleeced by PHS and are at the stage of refusing to pay them any more money as we have stopped using the bin.
    We have given up with there so called customer services and are now waiting for them to trot out the usual threats and charges.
    On the FSB forum a few people have tried getting in touch with Watchdog who wont get involved because we are businesses and also Trading Standards who also don't seem interested.Someone who might be able to help is BBC's Rip Off Britain, if enough people on these forums e-mail there PHS horror stories to them hopefully they will investigate and expose this companies disgraceful actions.
    [EMAIL="ripoffbritain@bbc.co.uk"]ripoffbritain@bbc.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Can I ask anyone who reads this to let me know if PHS has ever sent them a letter of notification re price increases?
    They say that these letters have been sent to every client but as I ask around I find that not one company has ever recieved one. After requesting copies of the price notification PHS has sent me (and 3 other companies) "copies" that are so full of inconsistencies it's laughable. These "copies" go back to 2009. They say a price increase is on the way and explain why. I would really appreciate as much response as possible on this as we will be taking PHS to the small claims court and I believe they are guilty of fraudulent activity. I also believe that as these letters have not been sent they are in breach of their own terms and conditions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure