PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What products do you miss?

Options

Comments

• prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Montego bars were rather nice.
    And there was another one similar to a Milky Way which I can't remember.

I also like coffee cake, but when did they start spoiling them by putting walnuts in (and on) them?
  • Lilyplonk
    Lilyplonk Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    Options
    When I was in my mid teens (1960 mark) I loved a perfume called Chantilly. I thought even the name made it sound French and chic............

My mum bought me a beautiful 'presentation box' of the Body Lotion, solid perfume and talcum powder of Chantilly ................. I'm still using the box (Midnight Blue padded satin box with an embroidered gold motif in the corner) as a 'memories box'.
  • Lilyplonk
    Lilyplonk Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone remember from the 60s Apple Blossom by Helena Rubenstein?............Candlelight x

Oh yes :D - a friend of mine (we both worked in an office too ;)) bought me a bottle of Apple Blossom AND a bottle of Heaven Sent for my 21st birthday (1972). I'd previously had a 'solid perfume' version of HS from my cousin in the USA for a christmas present a year earlier.
  • leaphaze
    leaphaze Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dentyne original (cinnamon) was my favourite when I was at school. I remember popping one into my mouth on the way into school one day with a plan it keep it there all day. At lunch time I just pushed it up into my cheek on the outside of my teeth. Even custard didn't shift it! Then off to games for the afternoon. I was really proud on the way home to have kept it there all day. But then disaster. I added some of my other favourite, Victory V. The effect was immediate. The Dentyne turned all powdery. Still swallowed it though!

Those were the days!
    Wearing my other one today.
  • electric_comperella
    Options
    Not sure if anyone else had this but I remember fondly the Co-op deli counter with the "loose" potted beef and salmon paste made by Sutherlands Spreads....can still get the stuff in jars I believe but it's nowhere near as smooth or buttery and just tends to leave the jar in clumps

not the smooth buttery gorgeousness it used to be :)

also miss candlewick bedspreads as mentioned by others, nothing beat getting wrapped up by my gran in one of those as a child.
  • lolarosa90
    Options
    I remember back in the 90's/early 00's used to be able to get full size BN biscuits either in strawberry and chocolate! Now can only get the mini ones which are not the same :(
    "When I'm rolling in the benjamin's, I will throw you and your dog a bone, good night."
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Options
    I know it's probably not what you are talking about but you reminded me i used to have one of the carbonless copy pads when i was a kid

megabite/megabyte ice cream lollies came back out called ZZaps

was toffee banana flavour

Yay - carbon paper! That's what I meant.
    Normal people worry me.
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    Montego bars were rather nice.
    And there was another one similar to a Milky Way which I can't remember.

When they changed the whipped centre of the Milky Way they brought out another choc bar called Flyte, using the original Milky Way centre I believe. Yummy. About the same size as a Flake but in a brown wrapper. Is that the one you remember ? We saw them in the local Makro just the other week - no I didn`t buy any, I managed to resist.

I used to love Spangles and the Olde English ones were my favourite.

Favourite perfume was Finesse, by Yardley I think it was.
    Oh, and Tweed was another regular. Saw it in the local chemist just before Christmas, a blast from the past.
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    lolarosa90 wrote: »
    I remember back in the 90's/early 00's used to be able to get full size BN biscuits either in strawberry and chocolate! Now can only get the mini ones which are not the same :(

You still get the full size BN`s, I`ve got a packet in the cupboard. One was left out for Santa on Christmas eve. ;)
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • baconandcabbage
    Options
    I got a packet of BN biscuits in Tesco i think they were £1
    Irregular choice addict:j

You wanna hot body You wanna Bugatti
    You wanna Maserati You better work B1tch!!!!!

:A 17.04.13 :A29.09.13
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family