🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• ahem_47
    ahem_47 Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    KC - believe it or not I did think "when is she back - week or fortnight" yesterday morning x
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you peeps :kisses3:

ahem, I'm still waiting for whatever-it-is you saw on that page - still not a clue :D

The first supermarket delivery is at lunchtime today, and I'm sending the euros to France today too, already done the emailing-pix-to people-who-are-in-the-photos thing. I have some website faffing to do, and if anyone can tell me what this means:
    "Welcome to https://www.allcatsarebeautiful.co.uk, a site recently created using our clustered Linux web hosting.[FONT=tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]If you're seeing this page instead of your website, please replace or remove the default index.php from your public_html directory."

[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]then I'll name you in my will :p er, not, but you know what I mean :D I have instructions from the host (which sounds sort of weird, doesn't it) but no real idea of what they mean. I've put the index.php into the backup file (uh, it hasn't stayed there, its gone to the Home file :whistle: :shocked: _pale_ :question: I guess we'll see ....

[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,781 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Not got a clue~~sorry
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    No problem beanie, thanks for posting - I ended up using the support phone line, and its online now :) though not at all ready for relaunch ...

I'm shattered! S'market delivery has gone well, been hunting for a lost pregnant moggy and met the neighbour she belongs to, she often sits on my wall, so I'm hoping I'll see her soon.
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are you having a kitten?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    been hunting for a lost pregnant moggy and met the neighbour she belongs to, she often sits on my wall, so I'm hoping I'll see her soon.

Do you mind your neighbour sitting on your wall, KC?:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    Are you having a kitten?
    I'd love to ... but that's a commitment in terms of money and care that I can't do at the moment, sadly. When I'm an old lady and can't even reach over my head to put my Red Hat on, then I'll get a cat :D
    Do you mind your neighbour sitting on your wall, KC?:rotfl::rotfl:
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Very good :j

The neighbour was a "he", and brought four of his six children along with him :eek: they were all really tiny too :j I often hear happy sounds coming from their garden, via their trampoline :)

You were up ever so early, CBC :eek: Nothing moneysaving going on here today, just catchup stuff, I'm off to a local garden centre destination, which also has a forest walk close by :j

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 22 July 2015 at 10:09AM
    Options
    It's a shame you can't have a cat at the moment, KC, especially as you love them so much. I agree that they are a major commitment. The care bit I can do but sometimes the financial implications of owning even one cat are pretty daunting when money is tight:eek:. I don't really begrudge a penny I spend on my cat especially as he had a bad start in life and deserves all the love he can get (which he repays a hundredfold IMO:j). It's really the vet's bills (largely just maintenance like cat flu injections etc) that bug me as they are extortionate:mad:.

I hope the pregnant cat turns up soon, I know from recent experience how devastating it is when a cat goes missing;). She'll probably have found somewhere safe and quiet (as a home with 6 children in it could never be:eek:)to give birth to her kittens.

Yes, I was up very early this morning. I'm a real early bird anyway but not quite as early as I was today. Toothache flared up again yesterday (had stopped for a few weeks so I 'forgot' about it:o). I know full well that these things don't just go away, but am still trying to get on the books of a NHS dentist that isn't a million miles away. That's my excuse anyway. I took some strong painkillers before bed last night but the effects wore off about 4 so I decided to get up and do something to take my mind off things. Only take pills as a very last resort and they were my last two from a pack I'd had for years. Going out shortly to buy some more:o
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 5,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No idea what that meant - but - nice to see you have the blog up and running and sorted :) Good job!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    It's a shame you can't have a cat at the moment, KC, especially as you love them so much. I agree that they are a major commitment. The care bit I can do but sometimes the financial implications of owning even one cat are pretty daunting when money is tight:eek:. I don't really begrudge a penny I spend on my cat especially as he had a bad start in life and deserves all the love he can get (which he repays a hundredfold IMO:j). It's really the vet's bills (largely just maintenance like cat flu injections etc) that bug me as they are extortionate:mad:.
    Exactly, its the finances - as I'm withdrawing from savings to fund the French property and a little bit of other stuff, I really can't add in more bills, it doesn't make sense. Even though I love cats, as you say :(

Every cat I see in the street is fair game to be stroked, though :D and my youngest nephew has a pair of rescue cats :j
    Yes, I was up very early this morning. I'm a real early bird anyway but not quite as early as I was today. Toothache flared up again yesterday (had stopped for a few weeks so I 'forgot' about it:o). I know full well that these things don't just go away, but am still trying to get on the books of a NHS dentist that isn't a million miles away. That's my excuse anyway. I took some strong painkillers before bed last night but the effects wore off about 4 so I decided to get up and do something to take my mind off things. Only take pills as a very last resort and they were my last two from a pack I'd had for years. Going out shortly to buy some more:o
    :eek: You poor thing! Once I'm in bad pain, like I was with my infected tooth, I have no qualms whatsoever about chucking the max allowance of pills down me :o I'm not brave at all when it comes to pain :o I hope you find a dentist soon - I found mine, after moving here, by a recommendation from an mse friend :j
    Watty1 wrote: »
    No idea what that meant - but - nice to see you have the blog up and running and sorted :) Good job!
    No, I didn't know either Watty :D I just did what I was told to do on the helpline - they all seem to be eastern European, so alphabetic spelling is a bit dodgy (I can speak French, but spelling out loud in French is almost impossible, so I do understand the problem) but it was fine otherwise, I was really grateful. I think there are three passwords - one for the site in general, and one for each website, but that isn't written down anywhere _pale_ :rotfl:

As for cats ... I got off the bus too early for the garden centre, wrong side of the forest, and ended up touring the National Cat Centre :j taking lots of piccies this time for the blog. No cats to be seen except toy ones in the shop :eek: but its an interesting place all right.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family