🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    We see seals sunning themselves on beaches within 6 miles of here. It's a sight to behold in breeding season too when the beaches are full of mother seals and their newly born pups.

I envy your opportunity to have had the time to read for pleasure. One of the biggest treats of a holiday IMO:j
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome back KC!!! :j:j:jGlad to hear you had a fabulous time!:D:D:D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 3 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,780 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Just realised you retire the day before my birthday!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :hello: Hi RT, ye it was fabulous, love that word :j

:hello: beanie, thats got to be good, the day before your birthday :j

I'm still finishing off the catchup, haven't downloaded my photos yet, must do that :beer: Its drizzling quite hard right now, so I'm delaying my trip out slightly ... all the more time to catch up on here :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Hello, welcome home.

Glad you had a good time - it's such a pleasure to have a change of scenery.

Wow, 58 weeks - that's really not that long at all. Time has a habit of passing very quickly, and by this time next year you'll be on the verge of your new chapter:j
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 5,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome home from a Minette Walters fan. Have read the lot!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hello lovely peeps - yep, 58 weeks will go in a flash, won't it (quakes in boots from fear and excitement combined!).

Good to hear you like Minette Walters too, watty - I probably stay away from them usually because I *have* to finish, and it led to too many nights staying up till 3am :D I can't do that now, so it might be okay :D

Done the banking, checked my Inland Revenue payment has gone through, sent some money to my current account so I can buy some euros for the mortgage, downloaded photos ... my word, I feel hungry after listing that lot :beer:
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Glad you had a lovely time. We are off for two days in Suffolk tomorrow, so close to where you were,many very similar in landscape. Have a good rest,

Squirrel x
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Have a lovely time, Squirrel - actually, I thought of you a few times, I saw several *beautiful* camper vans :)

I've just done a couple of supermarket orders - I was going to pop round to the local one tomorrow, and then thought, hmm, life's too short, I'd rather potter in the kitchen than faff about there. Mischief Managed :)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good attitude KC! :j :j Glad you had a lovely time :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing