Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Al :wave:

A lovely day was had yesterday - quite a bit of "incey wincey" was played :rotfl: we had a tour of the flat now its been renovated, lunch by the Thames (try being with a Frenchwoman at a Cafe Rouge, its quite funny, no matter how hard she tries to not parade it :rotfl:)

The railway network gave us a fair few problems, and Victoria was **horrendous** - so overcrowded _pale_ I think I'd make an effort to get there earlier another time. Just been reading an article in The Guardian about tourist destinations being overwhelmed by numbers, and I'd say London coul be added to that list.

Still, twere a lovely day, really glorious. And omigod, how I slept, last night! Fantastic :rotfl:

Erm, rain again today ... still tired, so I think it'll be a home-day today, and back to work tomorrow, rats. I *so* want to retire :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Good job you went yesterday and not today - weather is awful.

Have a good rest, Tilly x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hi Tilly, when you're right, you're right! Exactly what I've been muttering to myself :T even the walks between the stations, or the platforms, would be soak-making.

I shall do a bit of cleaning in preparation for clients tomorrow, and a lot of future plotting, for my retirement :D

Must remember that I didn't buy the ticket in advance as I'd said I would, and found out that you can't buy the cheapest tickets from the machines - thats the super offpeak ones. You can only buy them online, or at the ticket office. Lesson Learned :D plus I bought a day return, not a travelcard. Luckily, I was going to Victoria, so I went to the office before the barriers and exchanged - refund of £4-odd returned to me. :D
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    a lot of future plotting, for my retirement :D
    That is what Mr GG was alluding to :). But purely in the monetary sense, not 'I'll see if I can buy a composting solar hoover ' kind of way :rotfl:.

PS - mould update please ;).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Karmacat
    edited 29 July 2015 at 9:49AM
    Options
    :wave:
    gallygirl wrote: »
    That is what Mr GG was alluding to :). But purely in the monetary sense, not 'I'll see if I can buy a composting solar hoover ' kind of way :rotfl:.
    The planning! I adore planning, its a favourite activity of mine :rotfl:
    PS - mould update please ;).
    Ah ... I worked on a bit yesterday - I can only do a bit at a time - and because I only do a bit, I didn't change from my usual clothes. Which meant the bleachy stuff spotted my proper clothes :(

A rethink is needed.

Certainly, my own priority is weeding - I never got to the back of the border last year, so a *lot* of weeds have taken proper root. But I do appreciate your concern over my health :kisses3:

ETA - neighbour's cat has reappeared, and had her kittens, three of them :) all safe :)
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cute on the kittens front.
    Did you have to mention weeding? I need to do some!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'll have to do some too, Watty:(. This damp weather seems to have made the weeds grow ten times as fast as usual and if I wait for OH to do it we'll be swamped by them:eek:. Can't say the same for the runner beans which seem to be struggling to make much progress on their climb up the canes:mad:

Great news about the kittens and their Mum:j. Aaaawww, I love kittens. So sweet. What colour are 'yours', KC?
  • Karmacat
    Options
    As for the weeding ... I made the border quite deep when I got here, before I fell so ill - and then abandoned it during the worst of the illness, almost completely. Now, its recovered to the extent that I'm weeding *behind* the first set of plants, so I'm about halfway in to the depth of it. There's a *lot* of weeds yet to come!

Kitties: mum's a tortie, dad's a ginger, I think the kitties are 2 tortie and 1 ginge - I'm not having any :eek: truly, I'm not. I'd like nothing better, but between potential illness, and money, it would be crazy. When I get spare energy, I want to go *out*, I've missed so much already - I don't want another reason to stay home (which is what a kittie would be, seeing as wot I lurves them) ...
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Stay firm about the kittens. I love my two cats and when I got them I really believed that I wouldn't retire until 65, when they would have shuffled off to cat heaven. Now, at 54, I am feeling very guilty about leaving them with cat sitters so much.
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    <<< I :love: my boy.

i hate my weeds which get bigger every day~~bah.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure