PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2014 decluttering thread (part 3)

Options

Comments

• taffy1969
    taffy1969 Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 March 2014 at 10:52PM
    Options
    Not much decluttering done at home today but lots at my job. Last day in the office as shop closing and I got rid of loads of paperwork and carp. Lots still to sort out but sent that to boss's house as that's where I will go for next few weeks. Uncluttered the ironing pile before work and baked muffins whilst doing tea, so not entirely wasted day. Decluttered dirt from kids too, does that count!!!!! Lol. Plan for tomorrow is to tackle pile 1 of paperwork but not sure what I will get done as training at work til 5.30 so late home tomorrow. Have a good day tomorrow one and all xx
    Need to sort my life out! :T
  • Coulddobetter
    Options
    73. Slippers with holes -bin
    74. Jeans ripped -bin
    75. Various unknown items lurking in the freezer

Decided to do an inventory of my freezers and gosh was I surprised. Lots if meats, some I have no idea about but hey! Threw away some mystery packets that had freezer burn and looked most odd:o but found lots if goodies. I have enough cheese to see us through the summer, what was I thinking......
    76. Book -given away

CDB xx
    Overpay mortgage £100 per month. Not Buying it 2015.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Still buying stock, but trying to sort as we go along and not leave boxes lying round 'to be sorted'

Listed some old stock yesterday and had a buyer contact me about buying more, so might be able to shift a bit more soon.

Gorgeous day here yesterday, and looking like another good one today, so washer's on, will change the bed later as I love sheets dried outside. It's amazing how much better we feel when the sun shines.

Happy decluttering x
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    had a reasonably productive few days
    old garage roof has been decluttered and a nice new non leaky one put in its place
    old rotted garage window has been taken out and old upvc one we saved from when bedrooms were redone has been put in its place so looks much better
    landrover full of rubbish from garage has been taken to the tip from when we cleared the garage out
    large piece of fabric from my stash has been turned into 3 chair back covers for my friends hairdresser shop also used a piece of old sheeeting to make a trial pattern so a couple of bits of fabric decluttered.

everyone is doing so well its really inspiring and spurred me on reading what you are all up to
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
    115K Posts: 2,678 Forumite
    Options
    I have got one bag of old clothes/ bedding for the textile recycling.

I also binned some old makeup I had lurking in my chest of drawers. It was really old!:p

I am chucking out the household recycling and recycled the end of the tomato ketchup bottle by adding water and shaking and putting it into my bean chilli.:T
    HOUSE MOVE FUND £16,000/ £19,000
    DECLUTTERING 2015 439 ITEMS
    “Don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose.”
  • LeaLea89
    LeaLea89 Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    6 bags and boxes decluttered yesterday thanks to the local carboot sale :) out of 5 bags and 3 boxes that's all i came back with, even gave two of the plastic boxes i had to the guy who had a regular stall which he was very happy about. Made a bit of money and got rid of more clutter, bonus! My new fence is arriving Wednesday so i popped my old one on Freecycle, amongst the 10 panels there can be a good few really good panels made up. Someone coming to get that later this week. And a friend coming to take some paving slabs from my garden with her hubby so i can get cracked on with the garden work. Theres about 60 slabs so i have a feeling they will be here a while with their little car!! I have a plan for decluttering some of our 'quick grab pizzas' from the freezer to give to them!

hope everyone has a good day!!
    SPC6 #116 £652.75
    SPC7 #116 £674.50
    SPC8 #116 £1010
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    115K wrote: »
    I am chucking out the household recycling and recycled the end of the tomato ketchup bottle by adding water and shaking and putting it into my bean chilli.:T

Now thats a nifty idea! I'm a fa of the stupidly cheap ketchups the ones in glass bottles that you can never get the last bit out of :@ ! You know what I'll be doing now ;)

Few ebay sales but not much happened here on the declutter front. My room is tidy though which is an achievement and a half :D
    X
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • taffy1969
    Options
    Didn't get my paperwork DONE as training at school was very mind numbing that I couldn't face it. I did however sort the rest of my kitchen cupboards so bathroom and kitchen done, which I'm very pleased about. Paperwork tomorrow while dd 2 is at cubs and maybe Hoover upstairs. DONE a load of washing as well tonight. Off to bed now nite nite peeps xxx
  • taffy1969
    Options
    Didn't mean to type done in caps, sorry!!
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    patched a couple of pairs of DS1s jeans using a BER pair from the cupboard so one pair gone and two pairs salvaged.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure