Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• afoolandhermoney
    Options
    millysg1 - going by ovulation day I'll be due 30th September - 4th October.
    OH was stunned. Neither of us thought we'd catch this quickly, and there's loads to do on the house. We're both gutted that his dad isn't around any more (its pretty hard anyway but he'd have been so excited about having another grandchild, OH's brothers both have a kid each who are both old enough to remember him)
    MFiT challenge #60
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]Start £157500 [/STRIKE]Current £156,396.07
  • LavenderBee
    Options
    Hi Dot - was that an early scan you had? I had one (NHS, suspected ectopic) and they put me back by 2 days from the date of my LMP, which I was not expecting, because of my wonky cycles I was expecting to come forwards. At my 12 week scan they reversed that decision and put me forwards as well :) So you may find that your date changes again at 12 weeks.

I'm glad you've all got supportive bosses - I told my line manager at 13 weeks and still haven't told anyone else (20 weeks tomorrow and trying to hide a bump by breathing in!). I'm struggling most days but if I want more help I have to tell people, and I'm not ready yet :(
  • LavenderBee
    Options
    afoolandhermoney - your story about OH on the TTC thread made me laugh, mine was the same. After all that trying you think he *might* sit up and pay attention when I say I have something to tell him (he only gets to come home for weekends, I had just got in from work and he'd been in an hour). Nope! He insisted on finishing what he was doing in his PlayStation game "yeah, hang on, in a minute, argh! I'm... just... I... need... to...finish... this...*jabjabjab, presspresspress, jabjabjab*" Eventually I had enough attention to give him a wrapped up silly baby book, but he put it to one side and proceeded to start closing the game down. "Bloody open your present!" He opened it and genuinely took a minute to work out why I had wrapped up a baby book and given it to him as a gift with a message of "I've got something for you".

Ladies, I assure you he is an intelligent man... and he did cry when the penny dropped. "THAT is why I asked for your attention!" I said afterwards. He has since learnt to operate the pause button on the PlayStation and uses it whenever he so much as thinks I may need him :)
  • millysg1
    millysg1 Posts: 532 Forumite
    Options
    afoolandhermoney - your story about OH on the TTC thread made me laugh, mine was the same. After all that trying you think he *might* sit up and pay attention when I say I have something to tell him (he only gets to come home for weekends, I had just got in from work and he'd been in an hour). Nope! He insisted on finishing what he was doing in his PlayStation game "yeah, hang on, in a minute, argh! I'm... just... I... need... to...finish... this...*jabjabjab, presspresspress, jabjabjab*" Eventually I had enough attention to give him a wrapped up silly baby book, but he put it to one side and proceeded to start closing the game down. "Bloody open your present!" He opened it and genuinely took a minute to work out why I had wrapped up a baby book and given it to him as a gift with a message of "I've got something for you".

Ladies, I assure you he is an intelligent man... and he did cry when the penny dropped. "THAT is why I asked for your attention!" I said afterwards. He has since learnt to operate the pause button on the PlayStation and uses it whenever he so much as thinks I may need him :)

that's brilliant. HAHAHA. I found it difficult telling OH as I just didn't know how to start the convo so both times I just passed him the pregnancy stick and let him work it out!
  • millysg1
    Options
    I'm glad you've all got supportive bosses - I told my line manager at 13 weeks and still haven't told anyone else (20 weeks tomorrow and trying to hide a bump by breathing in!). I'm struggling most days but if I want more help I have to tell people, and I'm not ready yet :(

Last time I ended up telling my line manager and boss the same day as my 12 week scan, as they had called me in to talk about my career progression so thought they should know. My Boss' PA was told and that was it for a long time mostly because we decided to have fun with the pople we work with. I work in a 90% male environment and we wanted to see how long (and big) it took before they started to notice, and how uncomfortable we could make them as you could tell they anted to ask but knew it was inappropriate. My line manager would make little remarks about getting fat and eating all the cake! it took one guy a very long time to clue in. I then went off the xmas at 5 months, went back to work 3.5 weeks later and I had popped and it was very obvious. I went from looking like id eaten a couple too many cakes to looing like id stuffed the Christmas turkey up my top! Gossip spreads the news round fairly quickly then.
  • millysg1
    edited 25 January 2018 at 2:41PM
    Options
    millysg1 - going by ovulation day I'll be due 30th September - 4th October.
    OH was stunned. Neither of us thought we'd catch this quickly, and there's loads to do on the house. We're both gutted that his dad isn't around any more (its pretty hard anyway but he'd have been so excited about having another grandchild, OH's brothers both have a kid each who are both old enough to remember him)

ill put you down for 30th then update once you've had your next scan. We were renovating our house last time and I remember standing on a ladder, helping my husband plaster board the ceiling at 5 months and wallpapering at 7 months. It gave us the motivation we needed to get the work done by the time to baby came. This time we have our house up for sale. I just hope it sells soon as I don't want to pack up my house and be moving when heavily pregnant, especially as we are moving to another house that is a renovation project and the first thing we'll need to do is build the babies room. Need time for that! sorry to here about OH dad.
  • millysg1
    Options
    So I’ll create a list

Millysg1 due 18/09/18
    Afoolandhermoney due 30/09/18
    Covcitygirl due 25/09/18
    Dot.1991 due 1/9/18
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    seeing it in writing is another "sh*t this is actually happening" moment :p

@Lavender :rotfl: wish I'd thought of wrapping something (he definitely wouldn't have been up for getting the pee-stick), I have no baby stuff at all and I'm resisting buying any til the 20 week scan (my mum however has been buying stuff for ages, even before we were trying - not that I've been under pressure at all)

not sure it'll go down all that well at work, they're pretty good about any doctors appointments etc. whatever they're for but I'll be the first in the office to to have a baby (I think *ever*, and the company has been going 20 years) - women in our other offices have, but none from mine, they all either already had kids before they joined us, don't plan on any or are much younger than me. The blokes at work whose wives have had babies obviously haven't had quite the same issues that us PG ladies have to deal with.
    MFiT challenge #60
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]Start £157500 [/STRIKE]Current £156,396.07
  • millysg1
    Options
    @afoolandhermoney they may surprise you. I was by how happy mine were. I just got a text saying my first midwife appointment is on the 12th which is great as its a week before I go on holiday at 9 weeks. My scan is on the 6th March at exactly 12 weeks.
  • Dot.1991
    Options
    No I paid for a private one, was only £30 so couldn’t resist and it did make me feel a lot better. Have you still not told work? Must be hard keeping that up!! How are you feeling? Your story is funny about your OH and the playstation!
    I told mine a few hours after I found out, he was at work so I went and bought some baby booties and wrapped up a digital test and said it was an early Christmas present (found out on the 23rd) he thought I was giving him a pen! He then barely spoke for a couple of days. Although we were trying I think it still feels very different once it’s actually happening!!

Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure