Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• Timeflies
    Timeflies Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations samtoby!

Hope everyone is coping with the sickness etc today.

I've not felt too sick yet today, then just worried I've not felt sick enough!
  • samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Sorry to those who have lost :(

Thank you Timeflies how far along are you?

I am going to watch the Gymnastics World Cup today in London so hoping I can keep the sickness at bay. Its hard to explain but its the taste in my mouth that makes me feel sick. Its like I have been sucking pennies!
    (Although I have never actually sucked a penny - I am just trying to think of a comparable!)

I know some people don't get sickness - but then they might be really tired.
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • Timeflies
    Options
    I think I'm maybe five or six weeks samtoby.

Hope your sickness doesn't spoil your day. I know what you mean about the metallic taste, I was asking OH if the water filter needed changing! So far I've been a bit light headed in the morning, nauseous off and on through the day, then really shivery around 5.30 to 8pm. It's funny the changes in our body for something the size of a bean!

I've told my boss now and ordered a baby on board commuter badge. I hope I'm not getting too ahead of myself. I have my eye on some maternity PJs, but will try and restrain myself!

Hope everyone enjoys the sunshine today.
  • Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations samtoby!

Timeflies - I know what you mean, I've not felt as nauseous the last day or so and have been panicking, but then I have been eating pretty much constantly which does stop it :o

My boobs are definitely fuller and nipples very tender but no other symptoms really - though I did sleep for 12hrs last night (paying for it tonight though and in the 3am wide awake club!!) and I'm still terrified I'll find bleeding every time I go to the loo

Have any of you booked your midwife appts yet? I'm planning to call my GP if I make it to Thurs as I'll be "officially" 6wks then. I'm also going to call my hospital consultant then too as she said I can have an early scan due to my history but not sure at how many weeks I'll have that.

Good vibes to all xxx
  • Timeflies
    Options
    Wow, twelve hour sleep sounds awesome Roz_V!

Are you worrried about making an appointment with The midwife? I rang them the same day I took the test? So impatient 😂

I have a joint appointment with other expectant mums this week, then wait til first week of May for the first "real" one. If I remember from last time, the joint one is just being given info on eating etc, self care, registering for free NHS treatment.
  • samtoby
    Options
    I haven't booked anything yet, because I have bled I am just nervous. I will probably call tomorrow though. Its got to be done.

I have never heard of a 'joint' appointment how interesting! We don't really have much here. Its just a booking in and then scan, 16w and then every 4 weeks until about 30 weeks I think!

I managed to keep the sickness at bay yesterday, all I need to do is food shop this morning and feed my pony, as the kids are with the grandparents so I can relax a bit until tonight.

Have you bought any vitamins?

Hope you all have a good day.
  • Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    Options
    Timeflies, yes I'm terrified of calling them. I guess because of my history but I really am nervous. 6 weeks will be the furthest I've ever got though which is why I've said Thursday to myself.

Samtoby, how much of a bleed did you have? If you're still getting BFPs a few days after then that's a good sign xxx

I've only got folic acid tablets

Hope you've all enjoyed the sunshine today x
  • samtoby
    Options
    I hope you go all the way this time Roz.

I have had a scan because it was so much. Little heartbeat and baby there was just more of a dot than a baby though.

I have bought a vitamin thats three tablets and they are massive! I went all out in the hope some extra vitamins might get rid of the sickness.

Its Easter so I have two children for two weeks - dreading this as neither of them know (one is nearly 13 so might twig on) and I feel as rough as old boots.

Its beautiful though so I intend to get outside with our dogs and then go our pony Summer. the children love brushing her.

Have a great day x
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    Just popping by ladies- congrats to new joiners of the thread. My midwife recommended folic acid and vitamin D, they did this during the phone discussion to book in. They advise against general multivitamins as too much vitamin A isn't good. They seem to be the normal recommendations. My vit D is combined with calcium as OH bought them and as that the time I couldn't stomach much dairy he thought calcium would be a good think. I've since read a few comments on messageboards etc saying not to have combined ones, but can't find any evidence that you shouldn't and midwife was happy for me to have them.
  • samtoby
    Options
    Thank you Penguingirl - its a pregnacare one so hopefully ok - its the max one.

My booking in is next Thursday so I will be 8 weeks then x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family