Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    Options
    Samtoby, I've found that fresh air has helped my nausea - I took my 4yo nephew and 2yo niece out for the day yesterday and hardly felt sick at all - may have been because I was so busy chasing them as they ran in opposite directions though :rotfl:

Thanks for the tips re. vitamins ladies - I've just been taking the folic acid tablets but will look into others

Have a good week all! xx
  • Timeflies
    Timeflies Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just been taking folic acid combined with vit D - nice small Boots own brand tablets - I remember the giant multivitamins from last time!

So much I've forgotten though - do we get to listen for a heartbeat at booking appointment, or is it the 16 week one?

Are people waiting to share their news or have you all told anyone yet? I've told my boss, my work first aider (I fainted a lot last time) and my fitness instructor - no "real" people!

Enjoy your time off with the kids samtoby!

Not long til Thursday Roz_V!
  • samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I did totally forget about the sickness down the yard today ha ha. I was battling with my friends pony who would not let me get a fly net on. He was being a nightmare! It was only when I got back in the car I thought....Oh I feel sick again.

At booking in its just all the history filling in the booklet etc. I think I heard the heartbeat at 16w. But I had one of those heart monitor things. I loved it but got slightly obsessed and was listening all the time.

:)

My husband and Mum know - but thats it. We work for ourselves so I am safe I don't have to tell anyone else.

:)
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    Heartbeat is generally from 16 weeks, but some areas leave it a couple of weeks later. At 34 weeks my partner can now hear the heartbeat with just his ear and loves it!
  • samtoby
    Options
    So exciting!
  • Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    Options
    Ok so I've got an early scan booked for next Fri (7+1) and midwife appt on 4th May (9wks)

Hubby pretty much refusing to talk about it in case we jinx it. Found it difficult to ignore when I almost chucked my guts up in bed this morning though! Managed not to be sick and it passed after 10mins or so but as I was hunched over the bucket I did think "I've waited more than 2 years to feel this carp" :rotfl:

I'm not sure when to tell work... Sod's law I only got made permanent at the start of April after 3 months as a temp so I won't get SMP, just MA, and I'm really nervous for telling them in case they decide not to keep me on after my probation

Any plans for the long weekend ladies? I plan to sleep for as much of it as I can get away with!! X
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried keeping some dry crackers by the bed to nibble when you wake up?

And yes, sleep, I remember how zombie-fied I was in first trimester. But hey, I could at least get to sleep and stay asleep for 12 hours of a weekend then. Now, at 28 weeks, bean is conspiring to keep me awake!
  • samtoby
    Options
    Crackers are a life saver sometimes!

I am feeling very nervous still but trying to convince myself this level of sickness has to be a good thing.

I am 8 weeks Monday so 2/3 through the first section.

My only plans this weekend are to not vomit lol.

Have a good weekend!
  • Timeflies
    Timeflies Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    Not vomiting is a great plan samtoby, let us know how that goes!

Ooh your booking in is the day after mine Roz_V!

My OH is pretty much refusing to engage in conversation about pregnancy, as though not planning ahead would make it any less bad if something went wrong. I saw loads of friends today I don't see often. I thought next time I see you, I'll either be huge or have a little one.

I went to my "group" first midwife session. She said there are normally four or five mums, but there were only going to be two of us - the other mum didn't turn up. I was hoping to have a pal to compare nausea stories with 😂
  • samtoby
    Options
    It is lovely when you have someone to share the journey with - shame the other Mum's didn't turn up.

Its Sam 4 Sickness 0 - nearly vomitted a few times but managed to resist!

I don't think its real to men until after a scan at 12 weeks, they have no idea how bad the tiredness or sickness is either.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport