Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Options
    woollisox wrote: »
    Just posting in here as it's been a few weeks now and I'm finally starting to feel human again. I'm 11+5 according to the app, but waiting for my dating scan (which is the 24th! So excited!) for a definite. Approx due date is 2nd August so we're working around that until we hear any different.
    Morning sickness has been severe! Thought it had calmed down over the past few days but this morning it came back with a vengeance and got me sent home from work as I just couldn't stop heaving and vomiting. Also that pregnancy glow is just pure crap! I look awful.

How did your scan go? Hope you are feeling better now xx
  • sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ladies can I join this thread please? Got a BFP this weekend after only a month of trying to our absolute shock! Second child for us, little boy will be 2 next week. 5w today according to an app.

Has anyone had weird pain on one side? I've had weird pain on the left side since late last week which is what made me do a test. I remember having period like pains the first time but not this. Weird.

Hope everyone is ok, noticed this thread is a little quiet xx
  • Chelle22
    Chelle22 Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone. Please could I join this thread :) I was expecting AF on Sunday, had usual symptoms and when it didn't arrive, took a test and got my BFP! We had been trying for almost a year, but it doesn't seem real at all. Still keep half expecting AF to appear at the moment!

This thread does seem quiet, it would be nice to get it active again. We haven't told anyone so it'll be nice to chat to others at this stage :) I am 4 weeks 4 days today according to the Ovia app, and have a midwife appointment booked for 16th March. My expected due date is 2nd November at the moment.

Sulphate how are your pains? I am having cramps that feel a lot like AF, sometimes quite sharp which feels a bit strange and is making me feel a little bit anxious but as far as I can tell all seems normal, it's just all very new still!

Anyway hope all is well, would be lovely to hear from others on here :)
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just delurking here. Congrats on the BFP Chelle. I used to get really sharp pains in the first 12 weeks. I mentioned it to my midwife but was told it is absolutely normal. It's just your uterus growing as it has to grow to a fair size. I would try not to stress, easier said then done but try not to worry too much.
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    Chelle22 wrote: »
    I am having cramps that feel a lot like AF, sometimes quite sharp which feels a bit strange and is making me feel a little bit anxious but as far as I can tell all seems normal, it's just all very new still!

I had lots of cramps about weeks 3.5-7 of my pregnancy, and was convinced it was AF. They were horrid and got to the point where I felt sick. Was really surprised when it was a BFP! Hopefully they will pass soon, but definitely normal for some.
  • Chelle22
    Chelle22 Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you april87 and penguingirl I really appreciate the reassurance and will try not to worry! :)
  • TwentySomethingGirl
    Options
    Hi

Is anyone out there in the ether?

I Took a test on Wednesday and it came up positive. I freaked out a little bit but calmed down after a while (it is planned and tried for...). I think I'm 4 weeks and 2 days so far too early to tell anyone irl but I needed to tell someone.

I also was after some reassurance that period like pains are normal? I'm also so tired, get really hot and feel quite bloated. I never thought there would be so many symptoms so early on...

I hope anyone else out there is getting along fine

TSG
    Mortgage £126746 DEC14 £122423.53 DEC15 £115041.70 DEC16 Remortgaged Sep17 to pay off HtB loan £150000 - £140500 JUL19 Moved house Oct19 £230000 £230400 DEC20
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats Tsg. Yep, all that sounds normal! I was shocked at how much my body did in those early weeks and found them super tough, to the point where I told work at about 6.5 weeks because I was so exhausted and quesy
  • Timeflies
    Timeflies Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello! <waves> just checking in with a BFP for pregnancy #2
    I think I'm about as far along as you 20sg.

OH doesn't like to talk about it much before 12weeks, so I might just chat to you lot instead 😊

I don't really remember feeling this nauseous so early on before. And that metallic mouth taste! I do remember that!
  • TwentySomethingGirl
    Options
    Hi!

I'm glad to have someone to do this with! This is our first so I've only told one friend so far. My husband swings from getting really excited and planning what stories he'll read at bedtime to being really nervous. I'm cautious and try not to think too far ahead...

I went to my GP last night and they've booked my first appointment with the midwife for the 25th. They said it'll take about an hour so I guess there are a LOT of questions...

I only feel a bit sick if I don't eat which I've always had but it seems to come on a lot quicker these days and no metallic taste as yet, touch wood
    Mortgage £126746 DEC14 £122423.53 DEC15 £115041.70 DEC16 Remortgaged Sep17 to pay off HtB loan £150000 - £140500 JUL19 Moved house Oct19 £230000 £230400 DEC20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback