Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• lulu_92
    lulu_92 Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Rambosmum wrote: »
    I thought it sounded a little more grown up than 'medical dildo'!

:rotfl: thanks for that Rambo! Now all I'll be thinking of at the scan is that!

I'm so worried that we won't see anything at the scan. I feel sick every now and again and my boobs hurt every now and again but not been hit with severe symptoms (other than exhaustion!) so I did a hpt again and got positive so I feel okay for now :)
    Our Rainbow Twins born 17th April 2016
    :A 02.06.2015 :A
    :A 29.12.2018 :A

• LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    I've not had really severe symptoms either so far Lulu - apart from reflux - and it's making me a bit twitchy as I had pretty bad MS from early on with my DD. Did an hpt yesterday and the line had started to come up before I took the strip out of the pot, so I feel better that everything's ok. We can't justify the cost of an early scan, my NHS one is less than 4 weeks away now.

Fingers crossed and sticky baby dust for everyone x
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • lulu_92
    Options
    LittleMoog wrote: »
    I've not had really severe symptoms either so far Lulu - apart from reflux - and it's making me a bit twitchy as I had pretty bad MS from early on with my DD. Did an hpt yesterday and the line had started to come up before I took the strip out of the pot, so I feel better that everything's ok. We can't justify the cost of an early scan, my NHS one is less than 4 weeks away now.

Fingers crossed and sticky baby dust for everyone x

My booking in appointment is on 15th June so my scan is a very long time away. We could really justify it for that reason, also because it was only 60 quid and is in a nearby city (we live in a little town in the Midlands)

• Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lulu_92 wrote: »
    My booking in appointment is on 15th June so my scan is a very long time away. We could really justify it for that reason, also because it was only 60 quid and is in a nearby city (we live in a little town in the Midlands)

I'm going to wait to see when my scan is but we might look in to it. It's good to know I'm not the only one so worried. I'm getting a bit of nausea and a bit of back ache and dizziness, but it isn't constant (which I guess is good in one way) but every time I haven't felt sick or, I feel less tired I'm convinced something is wrong. I also freak out at every twitch or movement 'down there', and it usually turns out to be wind!
  • Claire_A87
    Claire_A87 Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    Hey ladies :) My symptoms didn't really ramp up until 7/8 weeks...and by symptoms I mostly mean being sick or contemplating being sick! Things like occasional dizziness, back ache, darker nipples really didn't happen until later on; the only thing that happened straight away was my boobs got kinda hard and veiny. Oh and the latest HPT i took was around 7 weeks because I was ultra paranoid, so you're really not alone. Looking forward to keeping up with all your preggo stories :) x
    DS - 08/15

OU: BA (Hons) Open, 1
  • LittleMoog
    Options
    Claire_A87 wrote: »
    Hey ladies :) My symptoms didn't really ramp up until 7/8 weeks...and by symptoms I mostly mean being sick or contemplating being sick! Things like occasional dizziness, back ache, darker nipples really didn't happen until later on; the only thing that happened straight away was my boobs got kinda hard and veiny. Oh and the latest HPT i took was around 7 weeks because I was ultra paranoid, so you're really not alone. Looking forward to keeping up with all your preggo stories :) x

Thanks Claire, you've reminded me that my sickness didn't get that bad until about 8 weeks last time. I remembered that it lasted for about 8 weeks at it's worst, but in my head it was 4-12 weeks, and not 8-16 weeks, which is what it actually was! Baby brain doesn't seem to go away, even 2.5 years later :o
    I thought that this time around I'd be calmer about things too :cool:
  • lulu_92
    Options
    Claire_A87 wrote: »

Claire you are a mind put at rester! I do feel worse today. I'm not as tired but I think I got more sleep than usual but the sickness is definitely ramping up.

• Claire_A87
    Claire_A87 Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    Honestly it's so easy to look back on it calmly, but I was pretty much a paranoid wreck most of the time! I was also sick until about 16 weeks LittleMoog, which was crap but pretty much took me up to hearing the HB & kept me reassured things were still happening down there.

People assume SSing stops once you're preggo but I only really stopped once I started feeling kicks. Don't get me wrong I still worry now at 30 weeks, but it's more about progression rather than that burning fear of someone telling you you're not pregnant, never have been and are obviously a loon!
    DS - 08/15

OU: BA (Hons) Open, 1
  • nightsky224
    nightsky224 Posts: 901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So I had my scan today :-) all is well out little bean is growing nicely. Didn't want to play ball and kept hiding away. She needed to count all the arms and legs etc and take measurements but just couldn't get everything. The sonographer had me kicking my legs in the air, wiggling my hips, doing squats!! :A:rotfl: we were in there for 40 mins!
    They reckon I am 13 weeks 2 days but I don't see how I can be as was on my period then.
    Recently married and loving it x
  • LittleMoog
    Options
    So I had my scan today :-) all is well out little bean is growing nicely. Didn't want to play ball and kept hiding away. She needed to count all the arms and legs etc and take measurements but just couldn't get everything. The sonographer had me kicking my legs in the air, wiggling my hips, doing squats!! :A:rotfl: we were in there for 40 mins!
    They reckon I am 13 weeks 2 days but I don't see how I can be as was on my period then.

Congratulations, glad all is well! Pesky bean though :)

The dating is done by measurements on the scan and it can be a bit inaccurate (mine with DD was an average of 2, which were 6 days apart from each other!) If you know your OV dates and are happy with them I'd bear that in mind, and get MW to put in your notes somewhere. If they think you're further ahead than you actually are you get less time before they want to intervene at the end x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport