Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• nightsky224
    nightsky224 Posts: 901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    snow_ball wrote: »
    Thanks bookgirl, I was just coming on to ask about this!

I still have a question though, my DH is quite keen to come with me, is there really any point, or is it just a check over and paperwork?

Also, can I ask you gym bunnies what you do while you're there? I was getting back into spin classes when I found out about pg and I've not been back since, cos they're quite full-on and I'm worried from what I've read that I'd need to take it a bit easier? But I want to be as fit as possible so need to be doing something!

Hey snowball, I wasn't a gym bunny so no idea what you can/can't do but did quite a bit of Pilates. I have found a local pregnancy Pilates that I have joined and really enjoy it.

I went to my booking in appointment with my OH as he was really keen to go too. If he hadn't been there it would of been fine and nothing exciting happens but for me it was helpful with the medical history stuff as I have a brain like a sieve at the moment haha
    Recently married and loving it x
  • snow_ball
    snow_ball Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    Haha mine is the same, keeping having to ask people questions about conversations we've had 2 mins ago!

Thanks for that, I think he'd like to come but I'll tell him no biggie if he can't.

I'm absolutely ravenous today, I think because eating briefly helps with queasiness, I hope this doesn't get much worse :o
  • lulu_92
    lulu_92 Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My personal plan I had made is treadmill at 3.4mph, cross trainer at level 4 and reclining bike at level 4; all for 10 mins each. Then it's leg and arm weight machines so I'm not really doing much to my core.
    Our Rainbow Twins born 17th April 2016
    :A 02.06.2015 :A
    :A 29.12.2018 :A

• LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    Evening ladies :)
    Got my booking in (29th May) and scan (8th June) appointments through in the post today. All feeling a bit more real :)

Snow_ball, I think the advice on exercise is that if you were already used to doing it you'd be ok to continue, but not to take up any strenous new activities. I've stopped aerobics, mostly because half the class is ab work, and lying flat makes my reflux flare up, so just doing cardio and light resistance work at the gym. I also do Pilates, which I did up to 30 weeks last time x
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • nightsky224
    nightsky224 Posts: 901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a bad sicky day yesterday, Felt rough from about 4pm till I went to sleep, feeling a little delicate this morning too. Had 2 breakfasts, one at 5.30 and one at 8, now hungry again!!

Getting nervous about my scan on Wed now, time is just dragging. Also wondering if we should of told so many people. Its just family and because we were at family occasions it seemed like the perfect time. Esp as we had had an early preview scan.

We are spending the weekend with 4 close friends, my OH wants to tell them, i do to but just nervous. They will soon suspect when I say no to the vino.
    Recently married and loving it x
  • LittleMoog
    Options
    Had a bad sicky day yesterday, Felt rough from about 4pm till I went to sleep, feeling a little delicate this morning too. Had 2 breakfasts, one at 5.30 and one at 8, now hungry again!!

Getting nervous about my scan on Wed now, time is just dragging. Also wondering if we should of told so many people. Its just family and because we were at family occasions it seemed like the perfect time. Esp as we had had an early preview scan.

We are spending the weekend with 4 close friends, my OH wants to tell them, i do to but just nervous. They will soon suspect when I say no to the vino.

We ended up telling loads of people last time, as I had 2 hen dos and a wedding with the same group of friends all before 12 weeks, so just told them. We told parents immediately last time, and have done this time too, and siblings as we saw them. We've told all DH's siblings this time, but none of mine yet as we've just not seen them!

My feeling was that if I'd tell them that I'd had a miscarriage anyway, no reason not to tell them beforehand.
  • lulu_92
    Options
    LittleMoog wrote: »
    We ended up telling loads of people last time, as I had 2 hen dos and a wedding with the same group of friends all before 12 weeks, so just told them. We told parents immediately last time, and have done this time too, and siblings as we saw them. We've told all DH's siblings this time, but none of mine yet as we've just not seen them!

My feeling was that if I'd tell them that I'd had a miscarriage anyway, no reason not to tell them beforehand.

I wrote a thread about this as OH wants me to keep schtum until 16 weeks! :eek::eek:

He's not letting me tell anyone until he says it's okay, the only people that know are us two and the doctor (and you guys of course!)

• LittleMoog
    Options
    lulu_92 wrote: »
    I wrote a thread about this as OH wants me to keep schtum until 16 weeks! :eek::eek:

He's not letting me tell anyone until he says it's okay, the only people that know are us two and the doctor (and you guys of course!)

16 weeks :eek: wow, that's really late! I could never hold out that long, I needed to be able to ring home for a moan about how rubbish I was feeling etc. Plus I think our parents would have been a bit hurt if we'd not told them until so late :o
  • lulu_92
    Options
    LittleMoog wrote: »
    16 weeks :eek: wow, that's really late! I could never hold out that long, I needed to be able to ring home for a moan about how rubbish I was feeling etc. Plus I think our parents would have been a bit hurt if we'd not told them until so late :o

That's what I mean. I want to tell my parents and my sister (and OH's of course) but my sister is engaged to one of our best friends and OH is concerned that he would tell people. I want to tell my best friend who has a 2 month old but he won't even let me do that. It makes me really sad because I know my friends would be ecstatic!

Another thing; OH's mum visits a psychic and tells me about all of the readings she has done and how accurate they are. No offence to anyone here who believes in it but I genuinely don't and I have told OH that I do not want to know anything this psychic tells her about me, OH, or the baby. Chances are she will still tell me.

• snow_ball
    snow_ball Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    lulu_92 wrote: »
    Another thing; OH's mum visits a psychic and tells me about all of the readings she has done and how accurate they are. No offence to anyone here who believes in it but I genuinely don't and I have told OH that I do not want to know anything this psychic tells her about me, OH, or the baby. Chances are she will still tell me.

If the readings are that accurate, won't she already know you're pg?! :p

My DH pretty much left it to me who we would tell and we've each told 1 or 2 people without checking with each other first too. I understand your OH wants to avoid endless questions from lots of people, but I think it's unfair that you can't tell your best friend who would likely be a great support to you and would surely be able to keep the secret, if that's what you really want?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback