Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• AmyTurtle
    AmyTurtle Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey, I went on holiday for a fortnight and in that time the forum has changed colour and this thread has gone mad!

Alas, I am off to the next thread as I had my scan yesterday and am now dated 12+4... the great news is that the nausea and sore boobs have subsided, to be replaced by terrible hunger and tiredness!

Congrats to all the new BFPS and good luck ladies...see you on 12-24 weeks soon :)
  • bookgirl_2
    bookgirl_2 Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Reporting back!

Booking in appointment was fine, about 50mins of mainly filling in forms! Lots of questions about medical history, general health etc. Urine sample tested. Height, weight and blood pressure taken. BP surprisingly ok as usually rockets at the sight of a medic. Midwife seemed pleased at how ill I'm feeling, saying it was a good sign everything was working as it should!

No bloods taken, apparently here (Kent) they do that on the same day as your 12 week scan.

And next appointment at 16 weeks when DH can come too and we will hear baby's heartbeat.

Massive pile of leaflets, some NHS plus Emma's Diary and Bounty. The last two look like mainly advertising. Encouraged to think about home birth even as a first time mum, or birth centre if remain low risk.

So nothing to worry about at all. Now just have to wait out the seemingly endless time until scan on 2nd June.

Rx
    Married MSE style (sort of) 9/10/10 :j
  • AmyTurtle
    AmyTurtle Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in Kent and they took bloods at booking in, then more at 12 week scan for the combined NT test - probably a different NHS trust.
  • lulu_92
    lulu_92 Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for the update bookgirl! I'm worried as my BMI is 36 so I'll get a big telling off I think! :(

Feel verrrrrrry queasy today! Don't want to go to the gym but I have to!
    Our Rainbow Twins born 17th April 2016
    :A 02.06.2015 :A
    :A 29.12.2018 :A

• nightsky224
    nightsky224 Posts: 901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congrats Amyturtle :-)

I had bloods at my booking in appointment, thankfully she had time as otherwise I would have to go to the hospital to get it done.

They gave me loads of leaflets but no bounty pack as had run out. Was told to ask for one at the scan. Was really impressed that they also give a small leaflet in the baby booklets about domestic violence. I chatted to the midwife about it and they are aware that women are more at risk during pregnancy, positive thing to do.

My oh came with me, it was useful re family history stuff etc, made him feel more a part of it too.

I have not stopped eating today! Mainly small portions but about 5 meals and the odd snack, haven't had dinner yet either!!
    Recently married and loving it x
  • Miss_Imaginative
    Options
    lulu_92 wrote: »
    Thanks for the update bookgirl! I'm worried as my BMI is 36 so I'll get a big telling off I think! :(

Feel verrrrrrry queasy today! Don't want to go to the gym but I have to!

*de-lurks* You may be surprised! My BMI upon booking in was 36.5 and my personal experience was fine. We talked about my diet and what exercise I do, and my midwife was content that I'm healthy regardless of what the BMI says.

*re-lurks*

Mrs_I x
  • lulu_92
    lulu_92 Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    *de-lurks* You may be surprised! My BMI upon booking in was 36.5 and my personal experience was fine. We talked about my diet and what exercise I do, and my midwife was content that I'm healthy regardless of what the BMI says.

*re-lurks*

Mrs_I x

Oh Mrs I you are so good! :)

Well I had a personal plan done at the gym on Friday so I do that 3 times a week. I've not had the urge to eat loads like I was when I was TTC, I just eat when I'm hungry :)
    Our Rainbow Twins born 17th April 2016
    :A 02.06.2015 :A
    :A 29.12.2018 :A

• Miss_Imaginative
    Options
    lulu_92 wrote: »
    Oh Mrs I you are so good! :)

Well I had a personal plan done at the gym on Friday so I do that 3 times a week. I've not had the urge to eat loads like I was when I was TTC, I just eat when I'm hungry :)

I try. ;)

I think the fact you go to the gym and you only eat when you're hungry will hugely go in your favour. I don't think you've got anything to worry about in terms of your midwife having a go at you, as you sound pretty healthy. But they might put you under "consultant care" because of your BMI (they did with me), automatically get you to have the gestational diabetes test later on, amongst other things, but I think it does depend on your NHS Trust. Either way, don't fret. :)

Mrs_I x
  • snow_ball
    snow_ball Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks bookgirl, I was just coming on to ask about this!

I still have a question though, my DH is quite keen to come with me, is there really any point, or is it just a check over and paperwork?

Also, can I ask you gym bunnies what you do while you're there? I was getting back into spin classes when I found out about pg and I've not been back since, cos they're quite full-on and I'm worried from what I've read that I'd need to take it a bit easier? But I want to be as fit as possible so need to be doing something!
  • snow_ball
    snow_ball Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    And lulu, I feel rotten today too. A few people in work have hangovers, so on the plus side I'm blending in quite well! :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback