Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• Princess_kate
    Options
    I still lurk, think a lot of us moved to the next thread, hopefully you'll all join us there soon too! Hope everyone is feeling ok! x
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    I was just thinking it was very quiet too and wondering where everyone was. I've been reading but not posting much only because I'm a bit manic on the work front as we're going on holiday next week and I have tons to do before we go. I'm generally feeling OK though and a little less nauseous. Hope everyone else is feeling OK ?? I think as people graduate we're not getting many new comers this month so there aren't many of us left on here.
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm doing ok. Definitely feel a bit more nauseous this time but not too bad. Midwife next week so counting down the days. Time seems to go so slow at this stage.
  • jediquigley
    Options
    Nausea has got better here, still there a bit and tiredness as well but it's nicer to start feeling a bit normal again.

It is exciting seeing the midwife for the first time it gets the ball rolling, in our area the booking in appt sparks getting your letter for scan and appt for bloods.

Week and a half and then I will be 12 weeks, praying I can keep it quiet until then. Dhs brother is moving to Cornwall a week on a saturday and we were tempted to tell him before he goes but they are not very close brothers and we wanted to wait till after the scan which is the Wednesday after that.
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • hippihaz
    hippihaz Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    Hey all, sorry have been a bit quiet recently, but been awaiting my early scan for a possible ectopic. However happy to report they found a 6wk+4 sized baby in the right place with a heartbeat :) so now properly feel pregnant (and have morning sickness to match lol). Off on holidays now, so might go quite again for a bit - on holiday with OHs family,so going to be tricky keeping it all quiet! xx
  • Kira000
    Kira000 Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry to have been so MIA. Work has been completely manic, so been working evenings and weekends at home too.
    SO far been feeling much better than last time, just starting to get bad nausea this week at 9weeks, and threw up a little on Weds (compared to constant sickness from 6 weeks). Only issue is not sleeping still so utterly knackered!
    Had my booking at the hospital today. Student midwife was very nice, and didnt get flustered when i burst in to tears describing my induction last time!
    Bad news is that the rules on BMI have changed, and i have to start injecting heparin into my tummy from 12 weeks (instead of 34 weeks last time!). On the upside, they said i will get extra appointments and scans due to my BMI as well. Interestingly, the GTT has changed as well, from just 1 @18weeks, to 1@12 weeks, and 1@28weeks.
    I have to go back for the bloods of my Nuchal combined testing in a week and a bit, then its scan the following week.
    Married 13/03/10 #1 DD born 13/01/12!!

;)Newborn Thread Founder ;)
  • jediquigley
    Options
    Hippihaz -great news that baby is in there and doing well. Difficult one keeping a smile on your face around family when feeling unwell.

Kira, I was just about to send out a Mia alert! Hehe I thought I would cry as well when seeing midwife for first time but I think it will come later when I have to start thinking about birth plan etc. my induction was completely !!!! as well and I will avoid it like the plague. Have you heard about the service when you have an appt with a midwife and discuss your labour notes? I am tempted to do this as not completely sure what happened later in my labour as I was out of it.

Today I feel like crap, well actually it started yesterday after eating fish and chips I had terrible indigestion tightness in the chest burping wind, never had this before. It's calmed down a bit now but nauseous as well and struggling to know what to eat.
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • <sebb>
    <sebb> Posts: 453 Forumite
    Options
    Hello. I'm new to this thread I'll be 9 weeks pregnant on Monday and starting to feel a bit anxious. I wasn't registered with a doctor before I got pregnant and i hadn't realised how long it was going to take to do so. Finally managed to get registered this week only to go and make an appointment to be told they have no midwife ther (not sure why they waited until then to tell me) and I had to self register at the hospital.

I did this yesterday and apparently it takes 3 weeks to process the application before I can even get a date. I'm worried I've left it too late as I'll probably be at least 12 weeks before I see someone.

I'm over 35, used to smoke heavily (gave up for this pregnancy) and have miscarried twice before although both times it was very early (less than 6 weeks) so I'm just feeling a bit anxious now.
  • devildolly5
    Options
    Welcome sebb!

I did post yesterday but for some reason lost it before it uploaded. Not much to report here. I have been feeling slightly icky every now and then. I started taking my vitamins in the evening to see if this helps but not noticed any difference. I am soooo hoping this is a good sign.

I am 8+1 today and still not heard from midwife. Last time I had to book my scan at my booking in appt (8+4) by calling the hospital. As they are so busy I wasn't going to get a scan until I was over 13 weeks. If I don't get a booking in appt soon, i worried the scan is going to be super late and I don't know if I could hang on that long without caving in to a private scan.

OH told me he is expecting the worst to happen so he doesn't get his hopes up. A bit sad but I am in the same mind set. In my head I am not having a baby, I'm just pregnant and I could just as easily be un-pregnant soon if you know what I mean. Sorry to bring the thread down but having never seen a positive scan yet I have little hope this will be any different, but am looking forward to being proved wrong.

So pleased all is well hippihaz!
  • Kira000
    Kira000 Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome sebb!
    Poor thing, what a crappy start with your GP's when you were stressed already! Well done on giving up the ciggies !
    I had my first at 36, and now i'm 39 on my second. Pregnancy in the late thirties is really common now, and people are much healthier than they used to be in their 30's, so being 35 isn't necessarily something to worry about.
    On the hospital front, do you have a choice, or is there just one? You may find one is faster than the other to process, worth a call to the hospitals to check. 3weeks sounds a long time to process an application though. My MW faxed them on the Monday, and i had my first 2 appointments through by Thursday! Instead of worrying, i would call, get registered and stress to them that you are already 9weeks, and have a histrory of M/C. They should be able to move you up the list for appointments, above the people who are earlier on.
    Married 13/03/10 #1 DD born 13/01/12!!

;)Newborn Thread Founder ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport